bardosy

[SP Campaign] Persian Tale - Iranian combined arms by bardosy

A new Mission? I´ll play it immediately.

EDIT: Finished

I had a good laugh when they talked about the Driver driving like an AI, He was doing some stupid things right at that moment.

The Ambush was OK. The Helicopters could be spawned further away. You could see and hear (JSRS) them at their first waypoint point. The Transport helicopter decided to hover only two hundred meters away from the ambush site, It would be better it it came in when everything is clear. The Ambush itself was very well made.

The Base defence was a bit chaotic due to the sheer numbers of the enemy force. The base was effectively overrun with my whole team dead and only a few guards remaining. I survived because I used the big fortified tower to snipe enemys from above. That was quite a lot of enemys! It´s a shame that you don´t use the big fortified tower and the other parts of the base as defensive positions. If it is because of unit placement then you should maybe try to use the new version of MCC. It allows you to use Zeus as a real 3D Editor.

Here is a video:

Since my whole team was dead I got a new one when I radioed that the LZ is clear. The problem is that I could clearly see them spawn wich was a bit immersion breaking. Maybe you should have a helicopter fly in the missing team members, that would be nice.

Finding the enemy HQ was no problem thanks to the UAV I found near the ammo caches.

BTW, here is a look at the FOB. Bodys everywhere

http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/3336348870740460736/A2BBC5E0C3A3204069E10C6B3DD9A3686D5BDA42/

There are much more that can´t be seen because of the big tower and some more on the northern fields.

The UAV also allowed me to carefully plan my attack on the HQ. I attacked from the north east. Two snipers as overwatch on the little ridgeline and the rest of the team crawled in the ditch to the north-east. AS I ordered the snipers to open fire me and the rest of the team charged the buildings. No casualties.

The ammo boxes made a nice explosion.

Good mission.

Edited by Tonci87

Yesterday I packed up the 6th mission ("Second Front") with its elements and gave a try. It went fine without showstoppers and I had great moments, but found lot of things to make better.

There is a boring section with happeningless walk, so I have to add intense adventures (maybe subtask) to this period. And support infantry is too slow and sometimes stucked. But I have an idea to speed them up.

Anybody who played the Narrow Pass mission, found bugs with automated medic script? Stucked medic? Annoying things? Any issue?

The new mission (#6 Second Front) is available at the first post. The dropbox link with the zipped six missions is updated. Armaholic link will update soon.

Updated on the CiA server! Will let you know how it went.

I recommend you add psycho's first aid system to all your missions. Do you know it? It adds a lot to gameplay and immersion.

@Variable: currently I will update the older missions with your task tracker and add little things. And the I will pack this mission pack into an SP campaign. But all mission will available separately at the steam workshop.

@Tonci87: Sorry I missed your spoiler section and now I very happy because I really need some feedbacks.

1. I tried lot of things to avoid AI driver to do stupid, but I can't solve it, so I put those lines... :)

2. Thanks for feedback, I will move the helis a bit more far.

3. Which heli hoovered over the ambush site and when? There are two heli (a normal CSAT transport and a big fat AAF transport heli). Both have to hoovering a klick far from the ambush site while we finish the ambushers and THEN they fly to the LZ and only the big AAF heli is fly down, the CSAT heli is hoovering until you get in the AAF heli and continue the mission. Is it what happend with you or different?

4. Thank you for report the Outpost task was hard. You are the second player who report it, so I have to reconsider this part of the mission. I tried to create a vietnam-atmosphere: the good guys are few and defending the firebase against the countless badguys, who are stupid and run to the front of the good guy's weapon. (the FIA fighters are created with HUGE recoil settings, so they cannot shoot straight). When I test it, my AI work fine and no casualties. But of course I knew what will happened.

What is your suggestion: less waves of FIA? Less men in FIA's squads? More time between creating two FIA squads?

5. In the last polishing time I put that UAV bag into the base for fun. I'm glad you found it and used it.

The base battle was great. Loved it.

As for the medic script:

I told my Medic to Move There so he wont get hurt.

Then, he came up to me and healed me, automatically. I was surprised and wondered "what the hell are you doing here!?" then I forgot the Healing is turned ON.

So, I think this is very good script. Player can turn on and off. If I am leading and doing stealth, I may have it OFF.

But in big fight situation, I'll turn on.

So, you did good job. No need to take it out and use others scripts................good job...........

Now, please consider doing RWO mission for us?? hehe ;)

Thanks Kommiekat!

Did you check the green thick next to the Scenarions? Because in my arma3, all my missions are thicked when I finish it.

I used this:

activateKey "LAC_IRNchesty06";
markAsFinishedOnSteam;

I just heard about RWO now, when Mathias released his mission. But I always try to create missions by real event. My first campaign for OFP was a very pessimistic story inspirated by out failed revolution against the soviets 1956.

But I have to say as fellow mission maker, recreating real armed conflicts in arma games is needed a lot of compromise. Because real events are not always supported by BIS. E.g: in the official campaign, the guerilla warfare was terrible, because the AI is designed for symetric warfare and when I got intel on radio about a huge enemy reaction force, I ordered my men to left the firefight and run like hell to safe distance, they just refuse my orders and continue their fight, because they thought they are strong enough for this fight, but they was not... I was pissed of by Dyslexy's video about guerilla warfare, because it's could be useful for coop MP, but absolutely useless in SP. Sorry for the off topic. So I'm interested in RWO. Did you try my Inv44 missions? One of them the recreation of Battle for Maleme airport at Crete, what was a real battle. If inv44 will released for arma3, this greek landscape will be perfect for this mission again. :)

Hi Bardosy

Looking forward to trying this later in the week, I've always preferred your campaigns to the official ones :)

Only way to get them to run away is to put them in delta or file formation with "hold fire" order. Doesn't always work, especially if they are actually being fired at.

If I have more then two subordinates I'll split them between 2 teams sending one with delta, hold fire to a better position while I & other team provide covering fire (a suppression script/mod is near-essential), then switch the 2 teams' fire modes while my team leap frogs the first team.

IIRC GL4 had a "force move" command, maybe I'll look into it.

Thanks Kommiekat!

Did you check the green thick next to the Scenarions? Because in my arma3, all my missions are thicked when I finish it.

Seems to be OK now. Thanks.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?144822-SP-CAMP-CO-Real-World-Operations-(RWO)

I just heard about RWO now, when Mathias released his mission. But I always try to create missions by real event. My first campaign for OFP was a very pessimistic story inspirated by out failed revolution against the soviets 1956.

Below is link to A2 User missions about RWO.

I won't push it on you. If you are interested, let me know and I'll set you up. It's real easy to "present" your mission RWO production wise.

May have to wait for A3 to come out with more units and maps. In other words, until A3 can catch up to A2 :D

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?144822-SP-CAMP-CO-Real-World-Operations-(RWO)

Cheers

Bardosy, any chance for a fix to your power plant mission?

BIS promised static IDs for the map objects but they didn't keep their promise. I have to rework this mission after every patch, because BIS change the ID of objects what you have to blow up. So I wait for the static IDs and when it's done, I will rework this mission last time.

In ArmA2 is used this task very often (blow up static objects like power line or bridge), but in Arma3 I try avoid it because of changing IDs too often. It's pity, because destroying map objects is fun and gave me an additional option to make my missions not boring.

Tonci: Thanks for the suggestions:

I moved the QRF helis a bit farer and add a script to the smaller to flying around while we get in the bigger one and same script move this second heli near the Outpost too.

And I move the defenders spawn location into a container, so it seems they running from the container, not created in a very clear spot.

At Steam Workshop I update Mazi Beachhead (#1) mission with voiceover. It's just a test and voiceover was created by free online TTS.

Most critics about my missions usually the lack of voiceover. So I made this test. If you can download from Workshop, please feedback about this kind of voicover:

* Stop it, it's terrible.

* Better then nothing.

* Yeah, great!

OK. I release a newer version of mission pack at the first post. And I finally release it as a campaign. The campaign is not finished yet, but it's time to pack things together.

Campaign has its own readme.

And mission pack changelog is here:

* FIX: 6th mission APCs not always can land properly

* FIX: 6th mission more time before counter attack

* FIX: 6th mission End of counter attack.

* ADD: 6th mission Voiceover (TTS)

* FIX: 5th mission QRF helis spawn + moving, FIX: less intensity and quantity of enemy at outpost.

* ADD: 5th mission Voiceover (TTS)

* ADD: 2nd mission Voiceover (TTS)

* ADD: 1st mission Voiceover (TTS)

Updated on the CiA server. Thanks Bardosy!

Hey Bardosy, nice to see Persian Tale as a campaign file, finally! (have played all missions separetedly, but it has this challenging of beating all missions when it is properly coded as a campaign file)

You could add the campaign file download link on the descriptions of your missions on steamworkshop, so it would be accessible to all =)

Keep up the great work!

Thank you Corporal_Lib, it's a good idea and I will add the steam link to the separate missions in the readme file!

Yesterday I finished the first version of the campaign intro. It will add a deep for the story.

And I imagine the last mission of the campaign. I hope I could add a little twist into the story.

Could someone please help me setting the interior of a Land_Dome_Small_F. It's a laboratory and I need tables, chairs, laptops, documents, charts, recycle bins.... etc. If anyone like to make script to set up an interior of building, please help me to make the last mission of this campaign are more unforgottable.

What is needed: put a gamelogik into a flat area and fill its init field:

pandoralab = "Land_Dome_Small_F" createVehicle getPos this;

And then create a script to set up this pandoralab with props to look like a lab.

Could someone please help me setting the interior of a Land_Dome_Small_F. It's a laboratory and I need tables, chairs, laptops, documents, charts, recycle bins.... etc. If anyone like to make script to set up an interior of building, please help me to make the last mission of this campaign are more unforgottable.

Have you tried FHQ debug console ? It has a built in "3d editor" which can place objects and then save them as a script that you can simply execute in init.sqf (don't even need a game logic, and you can out doiwn buildings as well...

Thank you Varanon, I will check it at home! But I afraid it create a script absolut coordinates, but I put this lab container into a dome and I found this container position always changed a few centimeter because of other objects. I never found same effect before in arma, but if I put a scientist next to the container, he (his presence) push the container a little bit away. But this tool will be very useful to set up scenes in my other missions! So thanks!

7th and last mission of Persian Tale campaign is ready. Unfortunately Steam Workshop is currently down (or I don't know, but all my upload is failed).

But I add it to the mission pack (available at the first post in dropbox link - armacholic will be updated soon).

And of course I update the campaign version link (dropbox) at the first post with this new 7th mission and a campaign intro.

Thanks Bardosy for your campaign and mission pack.

Ps. I think that Persian Tale is the first "full" user made campaign released for Arma 3. ;)

Very nice mate.Amazing work!!I'm looking forward to play more missions and campaigns made by you.Thx....

Edited by Foxy69

Thank you guys!!!

But now I'm desperate Steam Workshop is broken to me: I cannot upload, I cannot download. It's happening since 2 days. I try to everything: restart steam, restart PC, delete appcache folder... even uninstall and install steam (so I lost many of my data eg. screenshots) and I reinstall arma3, but workshop didn't work. I saw in General topic, many people asking help with this problem, but no answers.