bardosy

[SP Campaign] Persian Tale - Iranian combined arms by bardosy

Oh, you mean wreck, like the APC's wreck? But in your thumbnail I didn't see the car wrecks, what I put for scenery.

And yes, probably it's the UPSMON, but really odd, because I didn't replace the script since I tested it well through and tractor was always at the garage. Never mind! I fixed it and upload soon (but I found other small problems, and I have to test the all 4 missions again with the new patch). Thanks for report this issue!

Oh, you mean wreck, like the APC's wreck? But in your thumbnail I didn't see the car wrecks, what I put for scenery.

All car wrecks are there, sorry for the low quality picture, this " free photo/screen hosting" sucks. Yes i was writing about APC wrecks, first i was thinking that you dont put any APC in garage. When you write that there should be 2 tractors i was thinking hmmm...ok, so there should be wrecks of them if they was destroyed in fight. But now we know that they can be anywhere.

@Tonci87: I read your comment on Steam. Can you explain what artillery attack?

Honestly, there is no artillery attack on Pyrgos (I just tell this as a story in the briefing to explain why the resistance is so low). BUT, you can use artillery strikes when the counter attack (before Pyrgos) begun. And when you are visible range of Pyrgos, I just remove it from you (the arty support). Probably this remove caused the BIS error.

In previous version there was no error messages (I saw there on screen), but if was not bug-free neighter: when I remove the arty strike from player, he had a last strike to use. It is possible, you try to use this last (theoretically not existen) arty strike against Pyrgos, and then happened the div by zero.

Can you please give me more details, what have you done, before error appear?

@Tonci87: I read your comment on Steam. Can you explain what artillery attack?

Honestly, there is no artillery attack on Pyrgos (I just tell this as a story in the briefing to explain why the resistance is so low). BUT, you can use artillery strikes when the counter attack (before Pyrgos) begun. And when you are visible range of Pyrgos, I just remove it from you (the arty support). Probably this remove caused the BIS error.

In previous version there was no error messages (I saw there on screen), but if was not bug-free neighter: when I remove the arty strike from player, he had a last strike to use. It is possible, you try to use this last (theoretically not existen) arty strike against Pyrgos, and then happened the div by zero.

Can you please give me more details, what have you done, before error appear?

Hi Bardosy, that could be it. I called in the last strike on some enemys that survived the Assault on our positions (It seemed as if they simply remained at their spawn point on our right flank).

I thought there has to be an Artillery strike as we attack the town.

Low resistance? The town is full of AAF Troops :D .

If you ever rework this mission you might want to replace the Slammer tank with the new Kuma.

Merry Christmas to you and your family

Thanks. I will looking around for some solution, but I hope BIS will fix it in the next patch.

And yes, I DID replace the Slammer to AAF tanks, just I didn't publish it yet, because I want check all four missions with the new patch, because many things changed.

I have a very weird problem during the first mission of yours , three of my soldiers stopped listening to my orders.

They just stand still at one location before the first village and do nothing.

What could be the cause of this ?

I have a very weird problem during the first mission of yours , three of my soldiers stopped listening to my orders.

They just stand still at one location before the first village and do nothing.

What could be the cause of this ?

Any mods running?

In urban areas, its happened with me too many times (without mods). I hope BIS will fix it. But until they will I put a little cheat in all my missions: follow your tasks and sometimes a trigger will teleport all your stucked soldiers to you. But a few times it did not help, then I shoot the stucked soldier in his legs, until his wounded and then order my medic to heal him. It always works. Until thwn, stucked man will follow.

Here's a video of a successful execution of Mazi Beachhead. What a great mission!

Where the hell is the vip to capture in the Clear mission?

I inspected the church and around the closest dozen houses to the church, all empty. I suppose I didn't kill him by mistake because the mission would fail then.

If you are facing to the town. the building is in the left side. Next to the church. In the second floor. If you find a room with a map of Altis, he is in the next room in the same floor.

I'd like to play it, in all missions on the Persian side I am frustrated because I don't understand the language. The trouble of having to read text is more trouble than it's worth usually, and I suppose even more so in a scenario where you are just a cog in a huge battle. Nobody has yet found a trick to switch Persians to the AAF "english with accent" voice files?

Edited by neofit

I'm working on a new mission for this campaign. And I have a plan for the next one (6th) too.

@neofit: I understand you, but russian or chernorussian (czech) language are also an un-understandable languages (except if your mother language is slavic). So russian or farsi (iranian) is same for me. I created russian campaign too for arma2, and it was not a problem for me.

I created russian campaign too for arma2, and it was not a problem for me.

Will you ever come back to Arma 2 again?

I'm working on a new mission for this campaign. And I have a plan for the next one (6th) too.

Yay! Looking forward to it!

@neofit: I understand you, but russian or chernorussian (czech) language are also an un-understandable languages (except if your mother language is slavic). So russian or farsi (iranian) is same for me. I created russian campaign too for arma2, and it was not a problem for me.

I was not blaming you for making a Persian campaign. I was hoping that there was a trick to switch languages now a year after release but I just couldn't find the correct search terms to find it. I never needed that trick with the previous armas since I speak russian, I assumed there has always been a toggle in some settings window to replace non-english game chatter with english. I don't remember which game(s) had this setting.

@neofit: I thought/hoped you didn't blame me :) And I understand your point of view. And I also thought you speaks Russian *or any slavic language). ;)

Unfortunately I don't know how you can turn farsi language to english.

I don't really care about iranian soldiers' small-talks. But what I care, it should be very great if I could voiceover the important part - and if I will, I will not in farsi language, but bad-english ;). Unfortunately it's a huge work (my last voiceovered campaign was for ArmA1), so it's not too possible. :(

News: I'm really close to finish the 5th mission of this campaign. Honestly, I'm done, but need some more playtest before release.

Thank you Variable to share info about THQ Task Manager script, what I implement into this new mission and I hope it will solve all task-issues with multiplayer.

In my previous missions, I hate to micromanage my medic (in singleplayer gamemode), because squad leader has a lot of work to do and no need one more job to babysit the medic. So I created a script: automedic. It automatize the medic who always run and heal the wounded soldier within your squad. But there are situation, when you want the medic sit thight and not running, so you can turn this script OFF anytime you want and the you can turn it ON again. Or, if you like micromanaging the medic or disturb you this script, you can just turn it OFF.

If the medic is a player (not AI) the script exits immediately, so no problem with MP.

New mission (Narrow Pass) is published on Steam and added to dropbox link at the first post of this topic.

The older missions also updated in the dropbox zip:

Changelog:

* FIX: All mission: added automedic script

* FIX: All mission: rebalance after BIS patches

* FIX: All mission: items added in Global to better MP compatibility

* FIX: All mission: longer time before deadremove - more time for reammo.

* FIX: Force Recon: fix missing Bobcat

* FIX: Goose Green: AAF tank instead of NATO.

* FIX: Goose Green: avoid search last loon in Charkia.

* FIX: Clearing: surrendered VIP freez.

* FIX: Clearing: soldiers cannot enter the extract helicopter.

* ADD: Narrow Pass: new, 5th mission

Thanks a lot Bardosy. I think you have also implemented FHQ task tracker in all missions, right?

So I created a script: automedic. It automatize the medic who always run and heal the wounded soldier within your squad. But there are situation, when you want the medic sit thight and not running, so you can turn this script OFF anytime you want and the you can turn it ON again. Or, if you like micromanaging the medic or disturb you this script, you can just turn it OFF.

If the medic is a player (not AI) the script exits immediately, so no problem with MP.

You should consider uploading that script so others can use it. Sounds ground breaking.

SP as well?

@Variable: Sorry, no. Only for the 5th mission. I had no more time and I want to publish the pack with the 5th mission. But I promise, I will implement FHQ for the rest of the missions too soon.

@Kommiekat: I created a topic for this script in the mission editing section, but I see not too much attention, so I thought it's only me who disturb micromanaging medics. But I will post the latest version of this script to that topic. Of course a script is never finished, because there is a lot of idea (and I hope not bugs, but probably bugs too). I tested this script a lot, fixed many problems and implement features, so I hope it's a good v1.0.

Here is the topic: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?175762-Automated-medic

Gonna have to give these a try seeing as I really enjoyed your ArmA 2 work.

Thanks Bardosy!