bardosy

[SP Campaign] Persian Tale - Iranian combined arms by bardosy

Mission Clear, today version Dropbox.

All my team dissapears on the road from transport point to Sofia near a solar plant, i'm alone ejected from my vehicle and auto-Savegame.

Thanks EricFr to report this. Yes, it's the same bug, but it's fixed. Probably the dropbox mixed something. I suggest you to use the first post dropbox link to download PersianTale.zip and if there are 4 file in it, it!s the good version. If only three files in it, that!s a problem with dropbox and I will try to solve it.

I use the good version ‎18 ‎novembre ‎2013, â€â€Ž16:28:52, 692***Ko (708***721 octets).

The bug is still there. I play on Dev.Branch.

Edit: I use a savegame of the old version, I should perhaps start the mission from the beginning.

Edit2: Restarting the mission, problem solved.

Thanks

Edited by EricFr

EricFr

Did you move close enough and use the action "Capture VIP"?

Oh, and not the civilian with hat is the VIP, but a FIA commander without hat in the inner room.

If you didn't use the action, it's probably because this way to capture someone is not trivial. So probably you have right. I will add a secondary trigger, if any member of main squad is close enough to the VIP (and they are in the same floor) it will be triggered the same as the action "Capture VIP". Is it OK?

Edited by bardosy

EricFr

Did you move close enough and use the action "Capture VIP"?

Oh, and not the civilian with hat is the VIP, but a FIA commander without hat in the inner room.

If you didn't use the action, it's probably because this way to capture someone is not trivial. So probably you have right. I will add a secondary trigger, if any member of main squad is close enough to the VIP (and they are in the same floor) it will be triggered the same as the action "Capture VIP". Is it OK?

I was neither able to get him to move. Used the 'Capture VIP' action and got the subtitles, the helicopter also arrived. But he's pretty much stuck in surrender animation all the time.

Same for me, he is stuck in the surrender animation.

BTW. Why do you always use so many enemies? It seems as if they alway outnumber the attacking force.

Thank you guys for report this issue. Probably it's something new from the new patch. AI never stop anim surrender... It worked before. I upload a hotfix: the VIP don't use anim. I know it's not perfect, but it's hard to make missions and patches ruin things what worked before.

New version is up to date in my dropbox and steam too.

Just started playing A3 and i choose your mission pack to seee how this games looks etc (in A2 i finished all your campaigns). Finished only first misssion, no bugs, great mission. One small bug in all missions overview we have "Altis invasion py..." should be "by". Also small suggestion maybe you can add setidentity for players unit, i dont know what you think about this but i dont like to play campaigns/missions with ingame nick (different story with mp missions). ;)

Edited by tom3kb

Thank you tom3kb! You are a great mission maker, so your feedback is very valuable! I'll fix the typo and add identity for the main character.

I have small problem with Force Recon.

I have to use drone for recon but container is blocking this drone. I have tip-marker on map to check garage but there are no vehicles that i can use to move this container, only fuel truck and ammo boxes with weapons and launchers. I tried to destroy that container with rocket launcher but i can't. Maybe little help. ;)

@tom3kb,

Get or steal a vehicle and drive the vehicle into the container. It will move out of your way........in other words, ram it with a Humvee or a truck or something.

Ok, thx. I was thinking that i need "special" vehicle to move that container. ;)

I have small problem with Force Recon.

I have to use drone for recon but container is blocking this drone. I have tip-marker on map to check garage but there are no vehicles that i can use to move this container, only fuel truck and ammo boxes with weapons and launchers. I tried to destroy that container with rocket launcher but i can't. Maybe little help. ;)

There should be a heavy recovery vehicle at the garage. it is the best choice to push things around. Also I love how Bardosy put the new PhysX feature to use there!

Garage was destroyed, but there was no havey recovery vehicle wreck. One APC destroyed and one fuel truck (civilian) was on road close to garage.

And the truck beside the drone does not move the container, with and without the quad inside it. Aaaaargh!

I dont have any heavy APC there:butbut: i have empty garage, no wrecks. The rest of the place looks like on your screen.

9a46b58079b502b9m.jpg

Edited by tom3kb

It's very odd. :(

Where do you DL the mission? From my dropbox, Armaholic or Steam?

It's strange, because if there is no vehicle, but wrecks are, I could think the AAF AI use the vehicle somehow, but there are no wracks, so it's something bigger. I just tried the current version (not beta!) yesterday (when I take the picture above) and everything seems work to me. Do you use beta?

All missions are from 18 nov 2013 from 16:29(1 mission from 16:28), i dont remember now but i downloaded them from dropbox or armaholic. I have A3 v1.06, i dont use any betapatches/dev build or mods/addons with A3.

@edit

Ok i see that on Armaholic they have old version from 18 Nov, from your dropbox i downloaded ver from 24 Nov 2013.

Sorry for the problems.

Edited by tom3kb

No. It's not a reason! That armored tractor is at the garage since the first version. So tractor HAD TO BE at the armacholic version too.

Could you please restart the mission and attack the garage directly to check the exists of the tractor?

I just check it with the new 1.08 and armored tractor was used by AAF and CSAT soldiers destroyed it. :( Before this patch, the AI didn't try to use this vehicle. I will fix it soon: lock the tractor and unlock when OPFOR present in garage. But this is not a solution for your missing wrecks. :confused:

I dont think its becose new A3 patch. You use UPSMON in your missions. I remember that in A2 when you use Upsmon Ai take empty vehicles and use them in fight, probably here to. I launched this mission in editor and on mission start both tractors are in garage. Didn't have time to play but i think its all becose upsmon.

---------- Post added at 08:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:19 PM ----------

I write little wrong about "no wrecks". I was thinking about tractors wrecks and that they should be in garage, if they where destroyed in fight. But now we know that Ai use them so they can be anywhere one the battlefield, destroyed or damaged. :) Altis is big it can be hard to find them. ;)

Thank you tom3kb! You are a great mission maker, so your feedback is very valuable! I'll fix the typo and add identity for the main character.

Hey! Just a moment here! You do realize that tom3kb and I just put out a mission pack for UNSUNG? I taught tom3kb everything he knows about mission making!

Really. Truly. I no lie:oops: