Sign in to follow this  
bracer

The New York City Project

^ awesome news can't wait to take her for a spin!!

Don't worry about lack of items in buildings etc... better to make the map perform well to begin with IMO

The enterable buildings do they have AI paths so bots can use them?

Some have and work!

Some have and do not work...

I spent some time on it, but got annoyed and decided to work on the AI at a later point.

PvP experience and good performance is the first priority, then I will work more on the AI and good looks.

I wish there was a mod which made AI automatically enter a nearby building when defending stuff that would work great with this mod and for osmeone who only plays SP :(

UPSMON will move guys into buildings (fortify) as well as random checks IIRC. Check out Zorilya's Garrison Script as well.

I wish there was a mod which made AI automatically enter a nearby building when defending stuff that would work great with this mod and for osmeone who only plays SP :(

They do use some buildings as shortcuts, so they run though them randomly when playing warfare singelplayer.

But probably not with the intention of taking cover... Hard to say.

Yeah I think I may put it in the addon request section for there to be an option when you put say a 'Gaurd' waypoint or something on a building the AI instead of simple walking inside the building actually go in and take up all the positions inside instead of having to do it a unit at a time, it would also help in AI doing urban combat, e.g setting move waypoints on every building and the AI will go in and clear out the building room by room.

But anyway looking good so far! performance is important for me as many believe that I technically shouldn't be able to play the game XD Is the glass on the glass buildings destroyable or shoot through-able?

The map will be uploaded in a few hours!

First an Arma 2 version, and shortly after an Arma 3 version...

No major difference though, just config stuff.

Yeah I think I may put it in the addon request section for there to be an option when you put say a 'Gaurd' waypoint or something on a building the AI instead of simple walking inside the building actually go in and take up all the positions inside instead of having to do it a unit at a time, it would also help in AI doing urban combat, e.g setting move waypoints on every building and the AI will go in and clear out the building room by room.

But anyway looking good so far! performance is important for me as many believe that I technically shouldn't be able to play the game XD Is the glass on the glass buildings destroyable or shoot through-able?

Performance is the main focus atm.

The glass is not working unfortunatly, you can walk and shoot straight through it.

Need some help on that one.

walking through glass you say? time to be like the arma II AI in dayz xD (clippy zeds reference) when i get the A3 version im going straight to making a battle with the Czech mod im helping with and the Altisian Republican militia by nightmare105 or whatever his name is

walking through glass you say? time to be like the arma II AI in dayz xD (clippy zeds reference)

That's an issue with A2 AI in general, not unique to DayZ.

Arma 2 version released here: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?170248-Minihattan-Island&p=2580116#post2580116

Arma 3 version will be here in 30 mins!

Cheers!

---------- Post added at 12:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 AM ----------

Arma 3 version is up!

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?170250-Minihattan-Island-A3

Enjoy!

Finding out now... if it's the same or similar as MSO for Arma 2 there needs to be a proper centre and defined locations (ie: military, civilian, infrastructure points (fuel stations, power stations, etc). I'll try and give you some more (useful) info :)

Will get some more info for you

Asked one of the ALiVE devs and this was his response:

at the moment we make an index from the BIS maps

we read the map objects themselves, so by theory if he adds paths that are not default paths it could be we cant read the objects and compile presets, best is to ask Arjay about it, but what i can defo say is that the more he sticks to BIS standards the better and easier it will work

so the index is basically a search through map object looking for specific classnames etc so it can find all military/civilian buildings

yeah so we look for matches on these classnames for the civillian for example

"church",

"hospital",

"amphitheater",

"chapel_v",

"house",

"housel",

"housec",

"housea",

"housek"

so if his objects dont contain any of those chars it wouldnt find it

so i guess his best bet is to make sure he uses standard BIS objects in the map and hope for the best

yeah there is a house class eg which contains all sub classes of houses so if he makes his buildings a sub class it should work

I realize this might not be possible or a ton of work so no worries just thought I'd pass on the info.

Thanks for the info!

It looks tricky since my buildings are totally custom with my own classnames, and it would be a pain to change them.

But still most of them is under class House, so if I understood this correct:

"yeah there is a house class eg which contains all sub classes of houses so if he makes his buildings a sub class it should work"

then maybe it works already!?

Hopefully some missionbuilder will check it out!

If there's something I can do with the buildings/map to make it work, I will gladly try if it's not a too big surgery.

first off i love your map, frames are stable around 30 fps! but i had some issues getting it run stable, game crashed for no reason when i tried to load the editor with your map. after landing on the highest building running down the stairways - you need to build in some elevators for the lazy guys ;) - i encountered some clipping issues.

^^ only if we can get a working 'floor 11, floor 12' display and a ting sound or even a 'doors closing' announcer!

Thanks for the info!

It looks tricky since my buildings are totally custom with my own classnames, and it would be a pain to change them.

But still most of them is under class House, so if I understood this correct:

"yeah there is a house class eg which contains all sub classes of houses so if he makes his buildings a sub class it should work"

then maybe it works already!?

Hopefully some missionbuilder will check it out!

If there's something I can do with the buildings/map to make it work, I will gladly try if it's not a too big surgery.

I think it should be OK then if your buildings are under the main house class - ALiVE has a CQB module that spawns bad guys in house positiions. Can't really test it ATM as ALiVE team has to generate a data file for each map - perhaps once released!! Thanks for your reply.

I've been working on an elevator for the map, just working on mapping every floor height for each style of buildings so I can create a specific elevator for each building. Just click this link to the thread I've been posting my work in: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?170250-Minihattan-Island-A3.

Edited by JSF 82nd Reaper

Hey Reaper, we love the island so far. Great times fighting around Central Park. Sniping from the skyscrapers is great fun. Any chance you could give an ETA for an update? No rush, I'm sure the elevator set-up is tedious. Also, the link in your last post goes nowhere.

Hey Reaper, we love the island so far. Great times fighting around Central Park. Sniping from the skyscrapers is great fun. Any chance you could give an ETA for an update? No rush, I'm sure the elevator set-up is tedious. Also, the link in your last post goes nowhere.

Bracer is the map creator, not sure if reaper is helping him though

@Rellikplug I'm still working on getting the script version of the elevator to work, but I may have to go back and use the config.cpp for the lowering/raising of the elevator (since I've got it to work with that.) The script version I'm trying to get working uses cases and if/then statements, but I'm not very good with scripting those. I'll be posting updates in the thread Bracer linked above.

Yeah baby.. da BIG APPLE! Nice to have the hometown in ArmA.

Zombies

My thoughts exactly :D

You should put in a few banks with vaults.. maybe a system with a trigger for robbers.

Will You keep working on it like add in a good decent looking airport, with the other islands like on gta 4. I want to integrate this map into Island life. (After i ask for permission, and consent from owner ;) )

Uh oh...new York....in arma 3....YESSS will be so awesome to do takeover city objectives or just an all out chaos war in the city. NICE! Keep up the good work

Don't get any high hopes I have been reading about New York maps for ages, since Arma 2 but it is never finished or the modders tend to disappear. I hope this is not the case this time .