Hi Undeceived

I figured out how to get rid of the stripes. My Interface size was set to normal. I just increased it to large and the cinema borders are regular now as supposed to be.

Cool, good to hear! Now you can play it again from the beginning. :D :P

Thanks for your feedback!

eis0.jpg 1hgb.jpg

This is, hands down, the absolute best mod for Arma 2 I have ever played, in fact it's the best mod I have ever played for any game, ever.

It is 10x better than that crappy campaign BI put together. I have finally had a single player experience that has made my Arma 2 purchase worthed.

You sir should pat yourself on the back.

I have played through every mission until the ressurections mission. I have win them all on recruit difficulty, with usually some wounds. when i click "play", it says "you died!" and then i can only restart or end. When i restart- "you died!".... When i go to statistics screen, on mission info pag,e under casualties, it says "(you)-tomas),

Does anyone have an idea to help? Post effect processing is on very low.

Hello. Do you have some mods activated (other than the needed ones)?

Hello. Do you have some mods activated (other than the needed ones)?

I don't think so. Is there a way to check? I also installed the chasing grim reaper campaign, the broken arrow campaign, and some single playing missions, but I don't remember putting any addons on.

I went thru my "downloads" folder, and looked at every campaign or mission i saw and none but black lands has a "addons" folder inside.

Thank you very much for making black lands, its the best campaign i have played. It is very detailed- every mission starts off with a small task, but then lots of action happens :)

Edited by YvAd

YvAd, sorry for my late answer, I was on vacation until yesterday. Could you solve your problem in the meanwhile? If not, just send a short reply, then I'll try to help you.

Greetings, and may I first say that so far, this campaign is an absolute masterpiece. The Cutscenes, Atmosphere, Mission Layouts, and Dialog are all brilliant, however I encountered a serious problem in that when I finished the mission 'Alexej Pribotow'. By driving away with Pribotow, the screen faded to black, but then nothing. I could still control the car, but the mission wouldn't end. I tried the 'Endmission' cheat, but surprisingly that didn't have any effect this time (the Endmission Activated appeared in the top left corner of the screen). Finally I chose to abort the mission and skip to 'Petrovka Strike' Using the 'Campaign' cheat, but discovered that this caused me to lose all weapons and equipment that I have obtained throughout the campaign leaving me with nothing for 'Petrovka Strike'. Any ideas? I really don't want to have to start over, but I want to finish the story.

Hi and thanks for the compliment.

Hhmmm. No idea, to be honest. What you could do is to replay the Pribotow mission and try to escape not in a vehicle but on foot (at least when you're far away). I'm sure that I tried it with both, vehicles and on foot, but maybe this could solve it.

Good luck. I hope it works!

I have not solved it. I'm going to try uninstalling the game and reinstalling and copying the campaign folder over.

Awesome campaing but i have a problem and i dont know if this is supposed to happen or not. SPOILER ALLERT!!!!!!!!!!!!! - edit NEVERMIND, it was supposed to happen.

Though you could put a little less vehicles in a mission, "setting up" was the longest and most deadly mission i played, destroyed what, 4 tanks 3 apcs , didn't even bother counting the infantry :/, all over what, a bandage? :p

After visiting lucies grave and miroslav called me on the radio , i went to help them, but i got ambushed by the red star guys, now i am given a choice to lower my weapons, luckily i had an rpg, i turned around, killed 4 guys with 1 shot of an rpg, ran behind the small house, turned around and shot down the rest of them, so i survived, but whenever i go after about 10 meters i get shot with a sniper that is nowhere to be found , is this supposed to happen ? Am i supposed to surrender? It would be awesome if you made alternative mission for the situation in which people like manage to survive and kill all of them :P.

Edited by milosv123344

Hi milosv. :)

Thanks!

Yes, you MUST surrender. :D (at least at themoment there's no other option - but hey - good idea with the alternative mission. I'll think about that!).

But no - in the current version you have to lay down everything you have. In reward you will receive the best (at least in my opinion) cutscene in the whole campaign. :)

And on the "single bandage"-mission:

Well, this is resistance fight. Get in quickly and get out quickly. There is an approach to the base where this works out.

If you have more questions or feedback, I'll be glad to help!

Thanks dude! I got to the (SPOILLLLLLLLEEER) mission where you help pinned down americans in the barn, i actually managed to commandeer a russian t72 in that mission, and in some missions before that, i was thinking maybe make vehicles like weapons, transferable to the next mission, but then it would be too easy. Still, the campaign is one of the best i've ever played, like someone here already said, it reminds a lot of OFP campaigns, and just as i write this i notice you are a CWR2 dev, which i still play (honestly i still play ofp and arma1), feeling nostalgic all over the place.

After i finish Black Lands i will try Dying Ember, the thing is i dont find arma 3 setting quite attractive but i am sure you made it worth playing. What you COULD do is make a campaign for the Poseidon CWR island (one of the best arma islands i've ever seen hands down), that would be quite interesting.

Spoiler:

Edit - I finished it, just incredible, there was a bitter feeling left , as Tomas lost everything, incredible campaign, thanks for making it dude, is there more than one ending?

Edited by milosv123344

Milosv, 1000 thanks for the feedback! :)

If you want and have time, spread the word by rating it on Armaholic and maybe leave a comment there too. Much appreciated!

No - there is no other end for the campaign.

And no, I'm not a CWR² dev. :D I was one, but only for 2 weeks, I think. ;) Then I decided to leave the team in order to concentrate on Black Lands. But the CWR² Developer tag was not removed. I'll contact a moderator, so it gets removed.

About Dying Ember:
Well, the "gameplay" and the campaign style are quite/pretty similar. In my own opinion, as the author, it's not better than Black Lands - so you better don't put your expectations too high. D.E. was a rushed and quick project for the MANW contest and there are some design choices which I would have done different, if I had more time.

Edited by Undeceived

This campaign is really awsome and i want to thank you for this! You are the best arma mission maker i've ever seen!

Great to see people still playing BL! thanks a lot, Calman! :) (On your last sentence: I warmly recommend you to take another look around in the community, you'll find many really impressive projects to play!)

I also have a question. In the mission where im at the lumber mill, after i have found Dimitr, comes a cutscene where he kills Tomas and Sergej and after that he speaks to Tomas. Then the player is other resistance soldier at a small island in east of Elektrozavodsk. Then comes a slow motion effect. I dont know what i have to do. Can you help me? Im stuck in this mission. Im not using any other mods than the required.

That's strange.

After

Spoiler

DImitri kills Sergej, the cutscene should end and the showdown between Tomas and Dimitri begin. The player then has to kill Dimitri, before he kills the player.

Normally Dimitri does not kill Tomas IN the cutscene. He only kills the him after the scene if the player (having the control back) is too slow, killing him.

That's how it normally should be. Maybe it works, if you start the mission over again?

If not, skip to the next mission (resp. outro cutscenes) with the corresponding cheat. Type Shift+Minus (Numpad) together, then type endmission

This showdown is almost at the end of the mission anyway.

I hope a mission restart works though... :mellow:

That's strange.

After DImitri kills Sergej, the cutscene should end and the showdown between Tomas and Dimitri begin. The player then has to kill Dimitri, before he kills the player.

Normally Dimitri does not kill Tomas IN the cutscene. He only kills the him after the scene if the player (having the control back) is too slow, killing him.

That's how it normally should be. Maybe it works, if you start the mission over again?

If not, skip to the next mission (resp. outro cutscenes) with the corresponding cheat. Type Shift+Minus (Numpad) together, then type endmission

This showdown is almost at the end of the mission anyway.

I hope a mission restart works though... :mellow:

Thanks for reply!✌ I will try that

Thanks for reply!✌ I will try that

It worked! Maybe the mods of For the life of a friend caused the problem. (It was very good mission too!) I finished the campaign and the ending was great! Thank you.