So I found some time to play this campaign.

It´s awesome!

I think this might be the best campaign released for Arma 2. The storytelling, the missions, the objectives... everything is awesome and you can see with how much passion and creativity it was made.

Now I´m in this Mission where I have to attack the Airfield together with the USMC. I´ve choosen to secure Olsha first but the task didn´t register as completed after I killed everyone. Did I miss something?

Awesome campaign so far, thanks for making it.

I did run into some issues:

1. In the mission where the American agent must be contacted, he tells me to follow him to the church but he never moves. I went to the church alone and the mission continued correctly, so this may not be a real bug. (Just the conversation made me think he'd move, too.)

2. In the mission where the two guys must be freed from the barn, I took out the guards and then waited inside to take out the walking patrol from the inside. The two guys were fine during this time (didn't join my team yet). I had to reload the mission at one point (it was saved after I was already inside the barn) - after the reload, Tomek and the other guy instantly died, no matter what I did. I had to use -endmission to finish the mission.

3. In the mission with the bus (place dogtag, convoy, etc.) the bus comes but once I board it, it never leaves. I had to use -endmission to skip this mission.

4. In th mission (Martin's List 2) where the generators must be blown up, the old man is stopped by a Russian patrol and is threatened. A task comes up to save him which I did (killed all 3 Russians) but a few minutes later while on the boat I still got the message that he was killed and the task had a red X.

I use a number of addons: JSRS, ASR AI, CBA, PvpScene, FNC Scopes but usually these don't have an ill effect on most missions. (Plus all other missions in this campaign worked fine - if anything, ASR AI made it a lot harder/fun to play it.)

Edited by xxbbcc

I finished the campaign. Thank you for this awesome experience!

(The Problem with the Airfield mission solved itself after restarting it)

I played it with ACE, ASR_AI, TPWCAS, JSRS

No problems.

So good campaign so far, i just dont understand how im supposed to kill the major without alarming everyone :S

One of the best stories i've ever seen, right from the bottom with minimum chance, only one man changed the world. I was very impressed, because it was really hard at the beginning, just like in real life. Congrats and thank you for the campaign, it is great for real. I will be really glad if you make smth new, you are doing it really good(forgive my English).

Is anyone else using Arma 2 OA beta build 112555? I'm seeing a number of problems in missions - I listed the ones found earlier in this post:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?167080-SP-CAMP-Black-Lands-(resistance-campaign)&p=2591046&viewfull=1#post2591046

but now I ran into more problems. All of the issues that I'm seeing are in scripted in-mission scenes where characters are interacting with each other.

1. In the mission where the bandits must be fought around Osha, the farmer runs into the forest to show something but then just stands there. I used Kronzky's cheater addon to detect nearby OPFOR to the North and when I reached there the mission was back on track but I had no teammates. Once I killed the bandits, the mission ended correctly.

2. In the mission where Probotow must be found in Chernagorsk I drove to the parking lot where the cutscene played and then we waited in the van for the guy to come. He arrived but, again, he never gets inside his car - he's just standing there. I can't do anything because the player is locked inside the van.

I tried saving / reloading at this point - upon reload the 2nd guy moves forward a bit more but then stops again.

I have a number of addons but I've seen Tonci87's message about the ones he used (ASR_AI, TPWCAS, JSRS) - I have these and some others but I really have a hard time seeing weapon addons breaking a scripted scene. I also tried disabling some addons, to no effect.

I'm trying to see if this is related to the beta patch perhaps.

Edited by xxbbcc

Hello and thanks for the many comments! Cool! :)

xxbbcc, I'm sorry, but I think I can't really help you much. All of those mods are great but I made the campaign without all of them (only using those which are included in the campaign download)... If for one player it works, it doesn't mean that it will for other players too. The campaign itself has of course lots of bugs left, but as far as I know, there should be practically no showstoppers which prevent from continuing or finishing missions, if you use only the required stuff.

Yeah, try it without the beta patch only with version 1.62 - good luck. Other than that however I unfortunately can't give more help... :( Sorry, mate!

So good campaign so far, i just dont understand how im supposed to kill the major without alarming everyone :S

Well, it is not possible at all. :D :D

When Sokolow dies, all hell breaks lose. The right method is to be able to get out there alive, not to kill him unnoticed. :)

Did you get the uniform from the freeman at the prostitute? This way you can get at the bar and thus in reach of the target person.

Tonci and Vedanho, thanks a lot! Much appreciated! :yay:

Undeceived,

You may still want to take a look at the beta patch because if that's the cause of the errors I'm seeing, your campaign will be buggy once the beta turns into the final release. I also removed several of my addons and tried that way but I still get the bugs - this is what made me think that it could be the beta. Unless, of course, someone else used the beta and played without error.

Hello and thanks for the many comments! Cool! :)

xxbbcc, I'm sorry, but I think I can't really help you much. All of those mods are great but I made the campaign without all of them (only using those which are included in the campaign download)... If for one player it works, it doesn't mean that it will for other players too. The campaign itself has of course lots of bugs left, but as far as I know, there should be practically no showstoppers which prevent from continuing or finishing missions, if you use only the required stuff.

Yeah, try it without the beta patch only with version 1.62 - good luck. Other than that however I unfortunately can't give more help... :( Sorry, mate!

Well, it is not possible at all. :D :D

When Sokolow dies, all hell breaks lose. The right method is to be able to get out there alive, not to kill him unnoticed. :)

Did you get the uniform from the freeman at the prostitute? This way you can get at the bar and thus in reach of the target person.

Tonci and Vedanho, thanks a lot! Much appreciated! :yay:

i finished that mission, the same day i posted the reply. I was runing like hell :P

Hello Undeceived

your campaign is definitely a masterpiece one of the best I ever played. The plot is great and the cinematics and cutscenes are awesome. I'm enjoying every second of it. Your campaign got me hooked the same as the old OFP campaigns did. My kudos. The feel and the atmosphere is great. Your cinematics are really great and a joy to watch. It reminds me of the old OFP "Resistance" campaign. The immersion is great. You can easily identify yourself with the main character Thomas. This is awesome.

One question what is your screen resolution? I'm running my native screen resolution of 1920 x 1080 and I'm having 2 ugly thick black stripes during all the cutscenes on my screen.

<a  href=BLscreen_zpsc29180bb.jpg' alt='BLscreen_

In any case love your campaign mate. :inlove: Thanks for all your hard work.

Gonna send you a PM soon. :D

this camp has something special...outstanding story-telling and so many touchy details. congrats to author,it's one of the most enjoyable user made campaigns out there.

btw, is this it or we can expect an update? i read about last mission needing improvement like multiple endings. i havent finished it yet though.

Edited by spotter001

BLscreen_zpsc29180bb.jpg

Does anyone else have those black stripes in the cutscenes?

nettrucker, thanks again for the great feedback!

btw, is this it or we can expect an update? i read about last mission needing improvement like multiple endings. i havent finished it yet though.

Yes, there will be a new version. It will take a while though as I began another project and I'm quite focused on it atm. But there will definitely be a new version of BL.

It's the second to last mission which urgently needs an update (gameplay wise - not because of bugs or something).

Thanks guys!! :)

BLscreen_zpsc29180bb.jpg

Does anyone else have those black stripes in the cutscenes?

I played this campaign on:

17" monitor 4:3 and in 1024x768 and i didn't have this problem.

I just tested few cutscenes on my 2nd PC:

24" monitor 16:9 1920x1080 and i also didnt't have any black stripes.

PS: i think its something wrong with showcinemaborder true in cutscenes, nettrucker do you set 16:9 or 16:10 in your game options or maybe 4:3?.

Edited by tom3kb

Yes, there will be a new version. It will take a while though as I began another project and I'm quite focused on it atm. But there will definitely be a new version of BL.

It's the second to last mission which urgently needs an update (gameplay wise - not because of bugs or something).

thanks for clarifying.

oh, you've just confirmed we'll see more from you, that's great!

Yes, there will be more. But if you're interested, you could also try out the other mission in my sig, For The Life Of A Friend. I made this one prior to the campaign and it even has voice acting. :)

Finished. I could now try to elaborate, why IMO this campaign is so great, but I think, you know best, what you did to make it great, so I'll say only - it worked perfectly. :) IMHO it is best storytelling practice to tell a story not about events, war, actions, deeds, choices or fighting, but about someone. And this remarkable ingenuity in skillfully harnessing so edgy and clunky in such subtle uses Arma's features to work really well for the story telling...

Thank you, Undeceived, for this excellent campaign and all work put in it. I spent great time with it.

Undeceived,

You may still want to take a look at the beta patch because if that's the cause of the errors I'm seeing, your campaign will be buggy once the beta turns into the final release. I also removed several of my addons and tried that way but I still get the bugs - this is what made me think that it could be the beta. Unless, of course, someone else used the beta and played without error.

I did play it with the Beta Patch, together with all those other addons. What works for me might not work for you. It may depend on things like Load order and Userconfig settings.

So the Beta is definately not responsible for problems.

@ruin

Position yourself at the bar so that you can still see the guy. Get your pistol out shoot him in the head and immediately run behind the bar and through the curtain. Kill the Spetznaz guys back in the hallway. You might want to take one of their rifles. Get out the back door and start moving northeast towards the construction site. Watch out for patrols and tanks.

http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k608/nettrucker/BLscreen_zpsc29180bb.jpg

I played this campaign on:

17" monitor 4:3 and in 1024x768 and i didn't have this problem.

I just tested few cutscenes on my 2nd PC:

24" monitor 16:9 1920x1080 and i also didnt't have any black stripes.

PS: i think its something wrong with showcinemaborder true in cutscenes, nettrucker do you set 16:9 or 16:10 in your game options or maybe 4:3?.

Hello tom

No I'm on 4.3 in 1920 x 1080 resolution. Have not had any problems with it apart from the unsung MOD I have always to reset 1 parameter in my graphical settings. I have to adjust the size of the menu to Normal because the Unsung MOD is loading it differently from my settings by default. I have played numerous campaigns so far but I have never encountered any such problem. I maybe need to tweak to a different screen resolution therefore I was asking if somebody else had experienced the same with that kind of setting. In 4.3 I have the best visual result on my monitor. In 16.9 and 16.10 I have a Vertical stretched visual. The best visual for me is on 4.3 therefore I need to tweak the resolution I guess.

I really can't explain myself what other could cause this.

@ Tonci. Yeah I had a similar approach to take the Officer in the bar out. first I did a recon inside. Checked for an exfill route. I went behind the bar and took out the spetznatz with a headshot taking his weapon. Then I went back into the bar and took out the officer. Than all hell broke lose. Bullets zipping around and I just ran for my virtual life. Filled my pants twice, when getting the hell out of Dodge :cool:

Notwithstanding that ugly stripes I enjoyed it very much. The cutscenes are awesome and the plot is great. The missions are just the icing of the cake. :bounce3:

Very well done.

Hi nettrucker, your problem is very strange. I see something like this first time in arma. I have only 2 suggestions:

1. Try to set 16:9 or 16:10 in game options and check if this helps or...

2. Unpbo this campaign and in each cutscene script find and delete showcinemaborders true (probably on top of the each script), five minutes of work and this should help to your problem. ;)

Yes, showcinemaborder is indeed used in (almost) all scripts. Good luck with it though, nettrucker, as the amount of cutscenes is huge. :D

But in case you're up for it: The scripts begin with ZS (which stands for "Zwischensequenz").

Other than that I also have no idea how to solve this strange problem...

Thanks again @ all for the vivid discussion and feedback! *thumbsup*

eis0.jpg 1hgb.jpg

Yes, showcinemaborder is indeed used in (almost) all scripts. Good luck with it though, nettrucker, as the amount of cutscenes is huge. :D

Can I ask you a question?

What was the last mission/campaign you played?

I always wonder if guys such as yourself who make great camps, play others missions.

Well, to be honest, I don't know... I know that I had a DayZ phase in November, but since then I guess I only banged around in the editor. :D

But when I finish a phase in my projects, I sometimes love to play other missions and provide feedback to the creators as well.

eis0.jpg 1hgb.jpg

Hello M. Undeceived,

Thank you for your great campaign. The story, the coding, everything is great so far (I didn't finish the campaign yet). You're one of the great Arma single player modder and you deserve to be part of BI team ;-) .

A little inconvenience during the mission "starting to inflame again". To liberate the two guys I infiltrate from the forest and did'nt kill all the guards. My strategy was to liberate them and flee as fast as possible. It would have succeeded if these two people did'nt get stuck in the building! I didn't manage to un-stuck them in less than 2 minutes... too late because remaining guards, APC and UAZ was coming. After multiple attemps, had to use Endmission, shame on me. A little script for these NPC with "how to get out of that building" or teamswitching would be great. Just an idea!

Pierre79, this is how I did it:

I positioned my comrade with the sniper rifle on the hill overlooking the compound. Told him to hold fire. Spent about two minutes it spotting all the targets for him. Started moving towards the barn. When I was half way in and moving along a stone fence I ordered him to open up. He is very good at dropping them! Moved in closer, killed about three guys at the immediate vicinity of the barn while the sniper kept on hitting the guys around. Moved into the bard, killed the guards and the civie looking fellow, and rescued the resistance fighters. Now's the tricky part - Once they are released from their cuffs, IMMEDIATELY tell them to stop! Now order them, one by one to dead bodies OUTSIDE the barn. Do not tell them to points inside the barn. Once they reach bodies tell them to "inventory" and equip them with the weapons of the dead soldiers. Find yourself an RPG (quick!). Kill the reinforcement BTR and/or UAZ. Move fast along the stone fence and regroup with your sniper.

That was my favorite part of the campaign :)

But Pierre79, the idea with the teamswitch is good too. I could enable teamswitch until they are out of the barn, then deactivate it again... Will think about it.

But on the other hand I never had trouble to get them out, it only was difficult to make them survive outside. :)

eis0.jpg 1hgb.jpg