Sign in to follow this  
defk0n_NL

Shooting out cars, So close...

But yet so far away

nGuMMR6.jpg

how do you make players be able to aim while AttachTo??

can you zoom in? if so, try aiming while pressing Alt

You could try and find the code/config file that stores the aiming offset parameter (the one that allows the gun to move while facing the same way). Try setting

that to full. Might be worth looking into...

Hope that helpful

Nah, AttachTo completely glues you to the attached Object, rendering your completely unable to move.

how do you make players be able to aim while AttachTo??

You can't, it's a regression in relation to Arma 2. You can't even freelook around. There are a lot of attachTo regressions in Arma 3 that need to be addressed which are severely limiting it's use.

You can't, it's a regression in relation to Arma 2. You can't even freelook around. There are a lot of attachTo regressions in Arma 3 that need to be addressed which are severely limiting it's use.

like for real, who thought it would be a good idea super glueing two objects together like that.

anywho. Looking into maybe creating a invisibile static model with no lods. (if thats even possible), hide it and let a player gun, i guess static models like hmg etc can turn on attachto. only when they clip the car basically gets fubar

Good place to start would be to look at the st_littlebird mod where you can mount the skid, looks pretty decent :)

well the st_lbenhance worked around the freeAim thing if im not mistaken.

Is there already a ticket for this? if not we should reeeeeeally make one.

this is something i would be willing to help out with if something goes ahead :P

well the st_lbenhance worked around the freeAim thing if im not mistaken.

Is there already a ticket for this? if not we should reeeeeeally make one.

Yes, but how. Have looked through the code. Cant really find anything about aiming.

FYI Its also dependent on ACE and CBA, so stop recommending st_lil_burd_enhancemunt :P

we need to just get down and do this. I am tired of feature begging BIS.

two ways i have tried

#1, can aim while car is moving but will laydown due to physx

if i can find a way to let physx ignore the player standing up at 200 km/h we are golden

p1 setUnitPos "middle";
p1 switchMove "AadjPknlMstpSrasWrflDright";
while {true} do {
	p1 disableAI "anim";
	_rel = car2 modelToWorld [0.2,-0.2,-0.8];
	p1 setPos _rel;
};

#2, doesnt work cuz attachTo bs

p1 setUnitPos "middle";
p1 attachTo [car2, [0.6,-0.2,-0.8]];

Edited by defk0n_NL

If I knew how to help I gladly would. I want to shoot out of the back of pick ups and off of little birds. I'll start looking into it.

Yes, but how. Have looked through the code. Cant really find anything about aiming.

FYI Its also dependent on ACE and CBA, so stop recommending st_lil_burd_enhancemunt :P

we need to just get down and do this. I am tired of feature begging BIS.

two ways i have tried

#1, can aim while car is moving but will laydown due to physx

if i can find a way to let physx ignore the player standing up at 200 km/h we are golden

p1 setUnitPos "middle";
while {true} do {
	p1 disableAI "anim";
	_rel = car2 modelToWorld [0.2,-0.2,-0.8];
	p1 setPos _rel;
};

#2, doesnt work cuz attachTo bs

p1 setUnitPos "middle";
p1 attachTo [car2, [0.6,-0.2,-0.8]];

It's only dependant one ACE's MH-6J class, isnt it? and CBA due to post/pre init stuff (pls correct me if im wrong).

But i recall it used the freeaiming (aim and press/hold alt).

#1 Will be terribly stuttery in MP because of locality, i know it looks good in the Editor (onEachFrame would be even more suitable) but it'll probably be nasty in MP.

#2 Well, that's our initial problem.

It's only dependant one ACE's MH-6J class, isnt it? and CBA due to post/pre init stuff (pls correct me if im wrong).

But i recall it used the freeaiming (aim and press/hold alt).

#1 Will be terribly stuttery in MP because of locality, i know it looks good in the Editor (onEachFrame would be even more suitable) but it'll probably be nasty in MP.

#2 Well, that's our initial problem.

yer im by all means no sqf boywonder. maybe you could look understand the code better then i do and figure out exactly how did they do it?

it think the animations might be hooked via action [] upon vehicle enter or something.

Tried to open the .rtm files in oxygen2 but gave me errors

...i know it looks good in the Editor (onEachFrame would be even more suitable)...

A warning: we can't use onEachFrame (for anything) because - like vanilla eventhandlers - only a single iteration of this command can exist at one time, with the last instance over-writing all previous ones before it. So, because you never know when another script or addon might invoke another onEachFrame, you can never guarantee something isn't going to overwrite your code, which in turn effectively makes this a useless command (in anything slated for public release). Also, I expect the attachTo regressions probably have a lot to do with the shiny, new physics simulation.

yeah sure (was more of an example^^), guess CBA would be helpful in that respect.

to be honest the only way we can truly do this including AI is that BI adjust the way you sit on different vehicles Eg. Littlebird, backseats of offroads, open heli doors

st_lb_enhance didnt work around aiming in any way. You had to aim and hold ALT and you could look around in an 180 degree area to your front and hit A and D to shift to the left and right. In ArmA 3, you can still do this but for some reason the area you can "free-aim" around is reduced to like 45 degrees and the sensitivity is randomly increased exponentially. If BIS will fix the free-aim, this could be done much easier.

For reference, here is some work I did in ArmA 2 ACE using st_lb_enhance

st_lb_enhance didnt work around aiming in any way. You had to aim and hold ALT and you could look around in an 180 degree area to your front and hit A and D to shift to the left and right. In ArmA 3, you can still do this but for some reason the area you can "free-aim" around is reduced to like 45 degrees and the sensitivity is randomly increased exponentially. If BIS will fix the free-aim, this could be done much easier.

For reference, here is some work I did in ArmA 2 ACE using st_lb_enhance

ok but how did it manage to change state from just sitting their to aiming a weapon (anim) + actually holding a weapon (model)

i think i know how they manage to increase the range.

class CfgVehicles
{
class CAManBase : Man
{
	mingunturn = -90;
	maxgunturn = 90;

mingunturnai = -90;
	maxgunturnai = 90;
};

BI Wiki: mingunturn part of any Turret class (tanks eg)

ok but how did it manage to change state from just sitting their to aiming a weapon (anim) + actually holding a weapon (model)

i think i know how they manage to increase the range.

the character just turns their upper body whenever you aim around with alt. I would switch from sitting in the seat to the animation in st_lb_enhance using an addaction and use a CBA Keyhandler to end it since you cant use actions when attached (which is another awful limitation of that command)

yeah but this will not work in A3 due to said "bug" (if you want to call it that).

yeah but this will not work in A3 due to said "bug" (if you want to call it that).

Why BIS changed it at all is beyond me. I'd recommend a support ticket be made as I feel as though its simply a few edits to config files to return it to its original.

Why BIS changed it at all is beyond me. I'd recommend a support ticket be made as I feel as though its simply a few edits to config files to return it to its original.

There's already a shitload of tickets related to all the bugs with attachTo in Arma 3, incuding that one.

There's already a shitload of tickets related to all the bugs with attachTo in Arma 3, incuding that one.

submitted: 2013-04-21 01:56

assigned: 2013-08-09 13:17

32-floyd.gif

Edited by defk0n_NL

Hmmmm my old ArmA1 trick of opening up AIMING DEADZONE doesn't work :(

Everything else moves, expect your aim.