cobra4v320

AI HALO Jump Example Mission

I would like to start with how much I love this script. It will be the Pièce de résistance for the mission I am making. But, I am so new to mission making and scripting that I am at a complete loss when trying to troubleshoot the following.

First, I can get the script to work on SP and COOP local servers. But the mission will be run on a dedicated server and that's where I run into my hiccup. If I take out line 22

if (!isServer || isDedicated) exitWith {};

as indicated on a previous post and place [this, 4000, true] call COB_func_halo in the unit, in this case a soldier, init line. On mission launch I get the unit at the desired altitude but there are no sound effects on a "dedicated server". When a JIP connects they can get the audio but in most cases when they deploy the chute or land. The audio for the free fall doesn't change or stop on chute deploy or landing.

Secondly, when a person does deploy the chute. The other players experience a "black out" when the chute deploys on any other player. This happens whether the players are on the ground or in the air and with or without a deployed chute.

But if I leave in line 22 if

if (!isServer || isDedicated) exitWith {};

the script is not activated and the unit spawns on the ground and not at the desired altitude.

My plan of action is to create a simple mission just a playable unit and the HALO script and then see what other scripts I am using are may be conflicting with the HALO script. I would greatly appreciate any help to correct my mistake.

Thanks for this script.

How can I add it to an entire team?

-- Edit

I am asking while using the functions not the mod.

Edited by Eymerich

Nice work guys! I've been following both threads with great interest. I too have been working on a small Coop mission, four squad members, and would like to use AI when players are not available. I expect to host locally (not dedicated). I read this thread with the hopes I might glean the knowledge to start the mission with a HALO that would work for either AI or humans, maybe auto open the chute for AI? I'd also like to select the landing area as a mission designer, not leave it up to the players. ;)

Hoping someone is still working on these!

I was wondering if someone could help me with this. I think this is a pretty god dam cool addon. However I was wondering if someone could help me use only the backpacks part? All I want to be to do for my mission is eject from a heli with a parachute and then bag attached to my front. If anyone knows how to do this then please post here or PM me. Thanks.

This mod worked great for me and will be useful for some video work I plan to do. Unfortunately, it interacts strangely with the GCam mod. If you activate GCam while your paratrooper is falling, he goes from his "freefall" stance to a plain old, unanimated "lying down" stance. I know that both mods are kind of unsupported at the moment, but if anyone has a workaround, that would be tremendously helpful. It's also worth noting, on the GCam side, that the GCam menu is not accessible while the parachute is deployed. Does anyone know if that's by accident or design? Thanks in advance for any assistance you can offer!

Sorry all I disappeared for a while. I will have to go through all these posts later to catch up.

Here is an updated version:

* Helmet was switched out for the newer version with mask.

* You will now land on your feet.

The paradrop function still needs some more work.

I will update the first post when I have a chance.

Link to mediafire: http://www.mediafire.com/download/19bxekipfo4wjm3/HALO.zip

Special thanks to Goblin for keeping the thread going.

---------- Post added at 02:55 ---------- Previous post was at 02:37 ----------

I was wondering if someone could help me with this. I think this is a pretty god dam cool addon. However I was wondering if someone could help me use only the backpacks part? All I want to be to do for my mission is eject from a heli with a parachute and then bag attached to my front. If anyone knows how to do this then please post here or PM me. Thanks.

The paradrop function in the file will already do this for you.

---------- Post added at 03:05 ---------- Previous post was at 02:55 ----------

Some ideas I was throwing around.

1. Using the survival suit for over water HALO insertions. Navy Seals?

2. At a certain altitude over water the parachute is cut.

Edited by cobra4v320

i am using these scripts all the time as my pimary insertion option and i wanted to ask something but i can't seem to remember what i wanted to ask so i wil probably get back on that later :P

Thankyou

Could you tell me, is it possible to remote the helmet altogether? I just want to use my own loadout including my own helmet?

Ok so im really trying to get the Parajump to work in MP.... any ideas?

Someone mentioned an issue that human players in the coop mission paradrop with no chute and just freefall. Not sure if they are on a dedi server or a human host. Anyone else experience this?

GREAT SCRIPT!

Question: Arma 3 automatically opens the AI parachutes at about 250m. Does anybody know how to force the AI to open their chute at a lower elevation?

I tried it by editing the fn_halo script to:

if (!isPlayer _unit) then {

[_unit,_autoOpen] spawn {

private ["_unit","_autoOpen"];

_unit = _this select 0;

_autoOpen = _this select 1;

if (_autoOpen) then {

waitUntil {(getPos _unit select 2) < 150 || animationState _unit == "para_pilot" && alive _unit};

_unit action ["OpenParachute", _unit]; //open parachute if 150m above ground

};

waitUntil {animationState _unit == "para_pilot"};

};

};

I was hoping this would force the AI to auto open their chutes at 150m but Arma opens them already at a higher elevation.

Dont give the ai a parachute until the desired height.

On mission launch I get the unit at the desired altitude but there are no sound effects on a "dedicated server". When a JIP connects they can get the audio but in most cases when they deploy the chute or land. The audio for the free fall doesn't change or stop on chute deploy or landing.

Secondly, when a person does deploy the chute. The other players experience a "black out" when the chute deploys on any other player. This happens whether the players are on the ground or in the air and with or without a deployed chute.

yes same problem :j:

All,

I apologize if someone has already posted this; I didn't see it.

I was able to get the HALO Jump script working on my dedicated server. As noted previously, the line that exits if dedicated needs to be removed.

Additionally, I changed the call command in heloHALO.sqf to an execVM and it works great. I have not tested this in SP for backwards compatibility.

My heliHALO.sqf code now looks like this:

_veh = _this select 0;

_unit = _this select 1;

_alt = (getPos _veh select 2) - 3;

_dir = direction _veh;

unassignVehicle _unit;

_unit action ["EJECT", _veh];

_unit setDir _dir + 90;

sleep 0.1;

[_unit,_alt,true,true,true] execVM "COB_fnc_HALO.sqf";

Edited by Fat_Lurch

Jumping with mask and goggles. I will get this addon out soon.

HALO_zpsc7553513.jpg

I am using LEA for a custom loadout. How do I setup the HALO so that loadout activates once I touch down? Currently if I use the LEA loadout, I just freefall with that loadout. Chemlight and sounds work, but not the rest of the function for HALO.

Dont give the ai a parachute until the desired height.

I tried even if it seems cruel, I saw one of my unit pray all the way... But it works!

thanks Cobra, I was looking for the same thing.

Has the new version released yet?

Sorry not working on this at all at the moment. The scripting and ideas are there for the community to use.

I am using LEA for a custom loadout. How do I setup the HALO so that loadout activates once I touch down? Currently if I use the LEA loadout, I just freefall with that loadout. Chemlight and sounds work, but not the rest of the function for HALO.

Same here.

Edit1: I found a workaround for SP, will debug it tomorrow if it works in MP and report back.

Edit2: Nevermind, it doesn't work :/ Use the Chopper method like the one in the example mission, it works fine.

Edited by Vasilyevich

Ill try that. I ended up just doing it all in editor with triggers and no lea for the particular mission.

Can anyone help me please? I'm confused about how you set your landing point when you use the heliHALO method. Obviously, on the flag pole method you get a map and can click on the map where you want to jump to. In the heli version though, you are just teleported into a hovering helicopter. How do you get the helicopter to move to the general area that you want to jump to?

Edited by Zlin

Great script, I notice the AI open their chutes at 300 no matter that I set the script to 150... any way to change that ?