Sign in to follow this  
VovoNauta

Visitor 4 (picture) When?

Don't get your hopes up, BIS don't care about the terrain editing community. The best we've gotten is old scraps that's a decade outdated.

Don't get your hopes up, BIS don't care about the terrain editing community. The best we've gotten is old scraps that's a decade outdated.

That's not true, they really gave us what they could. we have to remember that they do not habe the same ressources as crytek or EA. We should be glad to be able to mod the crap out of ArmA.

I'm sure the new version of visitor will be a surprise for all of us or at least will make terrain making much easier :)

true dat , they even took the best bits out over the years for no reason , like the left shift click to create road networks .

my hope is now they bought that terrasim out with backing from Riverside equity group , the Visitor 4 code will be easier to distribute to us non commercial types.

either way , i cant see any major Dev for A3 until they consolidate there DAYZ fanbase losses , probably let some big coding news out amongst the fog of the first campaign mission , but i am rather hoping it will be DAYZ alpha and Campaign Mission + early tools to make it all even :) .

I do not hope that the V4 will be contributed to the community. BIS have not solved the epic and obvious problems with a "blue border", "shift+road" and so on for several years. And brand-new Arma3 brought us the brand-new misadventures like "Podagorsk/Beketov Problem" for example, and devs offer no solutions as usual.

Do you realy think that they gives any care about terrain makers?

The maximum we get with new tools on 31st. october (?) - is a new build of Visitor 3 and P:-tools, that will be compatible with a new Bulldozer.

I do not hope that the V4 will be contributed to the community. BIS have not solved the epic and obvious problems with a "blue border", "shift+road" and so on for several years. And brand-new Arma3 brought us the brand-new misadventures like "Podagorsk/Beketov Problem" for example, and devs offer no solutions as usual.

Do you realy think that they gives any care about terrain makers?

The maximum we get with new tools on 31st. october (?) - is a new build of Visitor 3 and P:-tools, that will be compatible with a new Bulldozer.

I'm calling bullshit on that :P