Sign in to follow this  
Yashamalu

So how good is MXSW?

Low RoF, strong recoil, not amazing accuracy, heavy...... Any point in using that?

With that RoF, 100 bullets means nothing. Anyone sane person would not just stay in the open keep shooting that crap until empty. You want something like Zifir .

It's a light machine gun (much like the british L86A1 ).

So you can carry more 'stuff' than a regular machinegunner whilst still be able to support your comrades with sustained (suppressive) fire. :p

and you can throw it much further

Exactly! let's throw it at some CSAT guys:cool:

It basically unites all the good stuff about the MX rifle in an automatic rifle, just like the L86A1 does it with the L85A2.

I would have still preferred a MINIMI/M249 class LMG. I never liked the modular rifles, since they can do everything but excel in nothing.

Yay!

It's basically identical to the normal MX, except it comes with bigger (and more weight-efficient) magazines by default. Not the most ideal squad automatic weapon.

It's basically identical to the normal MX, except it comes with bigger (and more weight-efficient) magazines by default. Not the most ideal squad automatic weapon.

but it's better for fire teams as you don't need an ammo bearer or a MG assistant, as it can use 20rnd magazines too. with a zephyr or L200 you can be short of ammo in a couple of minutes if things get messy.

The MX class to me appears like they are mass produced using 3D printers.

but it's better for fire teams as you don't need an ammo bearer or a MG assistant, as it can use 20rnd magazines too. with a zephyr or L200 you can be short of ammo in a couple of minutes if things get messy.
You can use STANAG magazines on a MINIMI/M249 too.

Just to note you don't need to have a single modular weapon to share equipment. :D

Yay!

The MX class to me appears like they are mass produced using 3D printers.

It's definitely a plausible scenario the way 3D printing is developing. The general idea of its military application is that you don't waste logistics on moving ready-made supplies, but rather you set up printing stations on-location and bring raw material there for on-demand manufacturing.

The MXSW is for the support class. Much like Battlefield 3's M47-IAR, it is the same thing. It is a light Machinge gun, packed into an AR. What are the benefits of that other than hauling a large m-249B around.

The MX appears to use the M27 doctrine:

"The fielding of the IAR will significantly enhance the ability of our infantrymen to gain and maintain fire superiority, reduce their fighting load and provide them a more ergonomic and accurate weapons system that can keep up during the assault."

It's a controversial change for the Corps that will affect tactics, techniques, procedures and training. Marine fire teams have been built around a 0311 infantry rifleman carrying a SAW since the 1980s, when the U.S. military adopted it to add automatic firepower to small units.

http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/article/20110629/NEWS/106290315/Marines-swap-firepower-for-accuracy-with-IAR

But I like the SAW and likes more and it is something missing in-game.

I think the Idea is to replace SAW firepower with rifle mobility and -extreme- grenade launcher firepower overmatch (3GL). But for that to work, BI needs to give the Blufor guys the 3 rounder 3GL stacks by default, instead of the single rounds.

Is the rifle really much heavier than the MX-M? I`ve not checked the weights, but I thought it was lighter than both the M200 and Zafir.

It should be, look at it's size. Compared to carrying a giant chunk of mental with case mags attached, i think the MXSW, and all other AR's and DMR-MXM, are lighter than the Light Machine guns. In theory anyway. I may check the weights later.

until fatigue and its tweakings come along, it's petty useless talking about whats convenient and what's not.

I would like to see a comparative table about weapons, their weights calibers magazines and ranges, and i have yet to find one.

until fatigue and its tweakings come along, it's petty useless talking about whats convenient and what's not.

Pretty much.

Fatigue tweaks were announced for after the "Survive" DLC/patch/update.

For many it seems that the "support weapon"/"automatic weapon" is pretty much symbolized by belt-fed weapons, even though the history of magazine-fed automatic weapons stretches as far back as the BAR and as recent as "modified versions of existing assault rifles".

Hell, it's kind of funny one when one keeps in mind the RPK and RPK-74 having been in Arma 2... because that is what the MXSW can and should be compared to.