Sign in to follow this  
IndeedPete

[SP] IP: First Blood

Hello fellow Armaholics!

I'd like to present you my latest work. It's just a simple SP/COOP mission inspired by the first OFP campaign missions. Technically it is supposed to take place after my soon-to-be-published-SP-Campaign, however since the campaign menu doesn't really work yet i have to delay the release.

overviewlorzx.jpg

Desciption:

You are fresh off the boat and already have a risky assignment. Unknown and heavily armed individuals have been sighted near one of our outposts. There is no information about who they are or what they want. It is up to you to find out...

Type: SP/COOP

Version: 1.03

Mission Design by IndeedPete

Thanks to:

spunFIN for his great AI Spawn Script Pack!

Kronzky for his awesome Urban Patrol Script!

Larrow for his assistance with re-adding supports on teamswitch!

BIS for this outstanding game!

Features:

- Story Driven SP

- Cutscenes

- Infantry Combat

- Supports

- Player's decisions can affect the mission

- Random weather and start time

- COOP

Changelog:

Version 1.03:

-ADDED: COOP playability!

Version 1.02:

-FIXED: Supports are now re-added correctly when groupleader dies

-CHANGED: Raised the number of enemies for the third task

Version 1.01:

-FIXED: Mission would not continue after second task

-FIXED: Mission does not start at correct time(s) of day

Known Issues:

- Transport helo sometimes disappears when player enters. Trying to find the source, guys!

- Since i'm new to MP-scripting it might not be a fully flawless experience to play this mission in COOP. I still recommend to play it in SP, that way you can also enjoy the cutscenes.

Download:

Steam Workshop (1.03)

Zippyshare (1.03)

Armaholic (1.03)

Feedback and/or questions appreciated!

Have fun! :)

Edited by IndeedPete

I've already commented your mission through Steam Workshop, it's quite immersive, i hope you can find the source of the bug. Anyway, i'll look forward to more of your missions.

Thank you! Yes the chopper gets hit sometimes, that's (simulated) war. You're lucky if you made it outside fast enough. ;)

I don't have any clue yet why the mission didn't continue as planned but i will look into it.

Normally you should eliminate all enemies within range since they're coming to you / Anvil-6-4 but maybe there's a problem with my hunt script.

---------- Post added at 12:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 PM ----------

Version 1.01:

-FIXED: Mission would not continue after second task

-FIXED: Mission does not start at correct time(s) of day

---------- Post added at 01:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 PM ----------

Got it, some stupid spelling error in the script. Just forgot a "t". :rolleyes:

Hello , any chance to have an alternative download link? thx in advance .:cylon:

:292::cylon::cylon:

Ok I've finally finished it! I can confirm the bug is gone and that everything is working fine. The mission itself is highly immersive and I've enjoyed it a lot. I just found one little issue: I've gone through the whole mission without losing any of the original squad members and just one anvil squad died during my rescue, so I found myself with a squad that big that couldn't just fit in the Panther. You should consider adding a HEMTT truck or an unarmed Hunter to the convoy, just in case all of them survive.

Except for that, I loved the MOUT feeling of clearing the town with an infantry squad and an APC!

I'm glad that you enjoyed it. Yes, i'm aware of the fact that sometimes you just have too many people left. I've placed some trucks in Infestiona near by, v1.01 should already contain them if i did nothing wrong. However, they could of course get damaged in the firefight. ;)

Hi Pete,

Having a problem after boarding the chopper.

I'm not given much time to open the map and click insertion location.

Seems it disappears leaving me and my team where we all started.

I must be doing something wrong.......

Digging the Intro scene. Nice work!

Okay, i'm using BIS' support module for the transportation, so if there's a problem with the module itself i can't really do anything about it. I've just tried it with latest DevBranch and it works fine though. But the transport module seems even more bitchy than the one in Arma 2.

So try this:

1. Call Chopper to FOB Sauerland - Heli H (when you finished the walking scene just to your right down the hill).

2. Wait until it's completely on the ground and then order your men in. Go in first.

3. When this support menu opens, open map, use CTRL + Mousewheel to scroll out/in. Place the destination right on LZ Arce. (Whatever you do, DON'T close that support menu by hitting ESC or Backspace, the module reacts funny/stupid on this one.)

4. On arrival, wait until the chopper has landed and then order your men out. If you give the disembark order too early, that stupid chopper will sometimes look for an alternative LZ 86754 KM away.^^

Digging the Intro scene. Nice work!

Thank you, it might be oldschool but i like the conventional cutscene from time to time. :)

I have no idea of MP-Editing but maybe that's a good time to start learning. :)

Version 1.02:

-FIXED: Supports are now re-added correctly when groupleader dies (thanks to Larrow)

-CHANGED: Raised the number of enemies for the third task (it might be a bit harder but that should keep the mission going in Athira)

Known Issues:

- Transport helo sometimes disappears when player enters. Trying to find the source, guys!

Zippyshare (1.02)

UPDATE: Now playable in COOP!

Version 1.03:

-ADDED: COOP playability!

Known Issues:

- Since i'm new to MP-scripting it might not be a fully flawless experience to play this mission in COOP. I still recommend to play it in SP, that way you can also enjoy the cutscenes.

Steam Workshop (1.03)

Zippyshare (1.03)

Hey I really like that mission,

the helo insert is a bit twitchy, but the overall feel of the mission is great. How did you manage to put the custom flag (EU) on the uniforms?

Hey Mathias,

thanks for your feedback. The helo insert is based on one BIS editor module. I've got a lot of feedback from users who are having troubles using it. Maybe I'll leave it out or develop something by myself in future projects.

As for the custom flag patch check this post.