Sign in to follow this  
JamesSaga

Creative week for the Devs

(This could be done after all the campaigns are released)

So a free week for the Devs to work on whatever they like in the game, free to form small teams and work on whatever areas of the game they want to.

This was done in Skyrim which then led them in the direction of their next DLCs.

They could create small assets, scripts, mods or game systems.

Thoughts?

well, dayz was free time project by dean hall. Take on Marks, also started by one of devs. Sun rays, also coded in free time. Arma 3 is planned as long time support, for at least 2 years. Maybe later, when campaigns are released, i would not mind that. Only if that won't affect newest patches or DLCs releases.

Wasn’t Dean hired by BIS early in the DayZ mod days?

Cool did not know that about the Sun rays. :)

I appreciate that BIS will have a Dev schedule but this could be a good way to relive the fatigue of developing.

Wasn’t Dean hired by BIS early in the DayZ mod days?

Cool did not know that about the Sun rays. :)

I appreciate that BIS will have a Dev schedule but this could be a good way to relive the fatigue of developing.

not to sound offend, but maybe you should have known more about BI devs, before making that thread? :) It's all well known for example, that Dean Hall, was at bohemia long before dayz.

Easy to forget the details, especially if your me lol.

I still think this could be a valuable refresh for the Devs and the game.

Also a way to generate interest and excitement in the game.

Edit: Plus this is just an idea/suggestion, not a "the Devs must do this".

Edited by JamesSaga

not to sound offend, but maybe you should have known more about BI devs, before making that thread? :) It's all well known for example, that Dean Hall, was at bohemia long before dayz.

his wiki says nothing about him being with BIS until DayZ put him in the limelight

I m afraid of this "Free week" concept.

They might be get some fresh ideas that won't be get to ArmA..and we will end-up

to another irrelevant(for my interest) title-and as result..even more divided BI personnel.

No..let them *work!! /*arbeit!! /*Δουλεια!!

:)

The devs don't need a bloody creative week

they need to fix the sad state of this game and maybe even implement some of the things the community has been asking for

We meant after all of that is said and done. When Arma 3 is done with it's planned game content, and the last DLC has been released.

We meant after all of that is said and done. When Arma 3 is done with it's planned game content, and the last DLC has been released.

You are talking about a timeline about ~1-2 years.

This is too late for lots of people already waiting to see "breakthroughs" asked from OFP era. (..and some of them holding pitch-forks)

"Serious innovations" requested by the community over the years .. forgotten, neglected or..just kept behind (deliberately or not)

Progress (regarding innovations) from one title to another was negligible imho -and i m not count

as innovation "better looking graphics" than an easy/cheap trick.

I really hope as soon the guys iron out ArmA3 ..they will bring us some "fresh air"