Sign in to follow this  
Demongornot

Some rover functions and interface improvement.

After playing 21h to this game, (i have really recently start to play this game since i have buy a lot of game i have play a lot before) i can now said that this is a great game.

Sadly some feature are missing, feature that can really make the game more enjoyable without kill the difficulty and the challenge or make it unrealistic.

First, the "high power illumination system" and other light that are actually not part of a camera must be controlled in another way than using the "Instruments" interface, a shortcut on the interface (like the one in the camera mode for the camera light) somewhere on the screen that control HPIS 1,2,3 and so one where a simple click turn it on and another turn it off rather than need to change of instrument.

Two nice shortcut can be : Retract and Deploy for the robot arm (and why not other things such as solar panel that should not require continuous press down to do so) and other part of the rover/lander.

But the robot arm auto deploy/retract is really needed since this is sometime complicated to correctly retracting it and i have already break an instrument on the first try, also don't risk to break it while moving cause we don't want to retract it fully (and manually) everytime without need to stop to do it or have no control on the MAST for using the secondary or anything else.

A fully retracted and a deployed and ready to move to the "target" position will be really enjoyable !

Possibility to have control of primary and secondary with keyboard (Harm + Head of the robotic hard) but still having MAST control (or any other camera like Science Platform one) control with mouse !

Rather than a mouse icon on each primary and secondary another mouse icon that will control (with mouse) the part where the camera is.

Actually i have expecting to control things with my G13 gamepad, for the key of course it work fine but the mini joystick don't work (not detected by the game) and i don't want to use my huge X52 or HOTAS Warthog for play just for relaxing.

So i have think about, what if we can have two slider, a vertical and an horizontal one for both primary and secondary (or only primary or secondary, like you want) that can permit a smooth control without using the mouse (technically the slider will be controlled by the mouse but can be also controlled with keys) or need a joystick, slider that back to neutral if we use control with key shortcut or game interface or anything else but can use for example rover forward key + slider horizontal for lets him turn smoothly.

It can also permit to lets the rover go ahead to a wanted slower speed than normal !

A key for change instrument, like we can do for controls or hud mode, previous and next instrument, but better idea :

A dynamic radial menu for instrument that permit to select the instrument AND know where it is.

I explain, a different radial menu for each lander and rover that permit to pic the instrument we want and also show where it is on the arms or on the body of the rover/lander.

Rather than need to know how every instrument look like based on the name or guess where they are using the "distance" indication and rotate the arms head until we find the one we want.

A radial menu with the image of the arms on the updated position compare to our camera (or the rover arm) that we really see rotate and show position of instrument and a basic image of their form, same for body that show the rover/lander platform and in which slot the instrument are !

It can help a lot to not be loose between a lot of instrument or don't have to guess where it is when we don't know them or even when their are hidden, it can also permit to control lights and choose a camera !

I have also read that attitude indication is planed, i hope it will show things like arm position value and other things like this, mainly with science platform of the lander where this is a pain to know where is the front of the lander, same for the MAST !

I hope you have appreciate my suggestions and i really hope you will considerate them !