Sign in to follow this  
giallustio

=BTC= co 50 War Storm

The custom IniDB is still unavailable :(

Where did u download it?

@brian

need some derails, like params and mod used, dedi server, hc, rpt....

Hello,

Our squad loves this map. Unfortunately, we keep running into the problem of AI not spawning. We check multiple towns when we suspect it is happening, and cannot find a single person. Is there any information I can give you to help you fix this problem?

Looking at the .rpt file on the server, it is spammed with messages like

4:19:46 Ref to nonnetwork object 39fbe040# NOID b_soldier_01.p3d //There are a ton of these every second

4:32:47 LODShape::AddLoadHandler: Handler not present in shape [a3\weapons_f\empty.p3d]

6:46:14 Road not found

Also, do you have plans to update to the latest version of the virtual box?

Thank you very much for this awesome map!

Same logs here :

Do you use an AI mod like ASRAI3 or TPWCAS ???

thanks

Where did u download it?

@brian

need some derails, like params and mod used, dedi server, hc, rpt....

The server is started with -port=2702 -name=arma3config_5079 -config=arma3config_5079\config.cfg -cfg=arma3config_5079\basic.cfg -profiles=arma3config_5079 -cpucount=2 -exthreads=2

We aren't using any mods.

It is a dedicated server, hosted by hfb

load session = no

number of enemies = medium

enemy army = AAF

random patrol = yes

patrol numbers = medium

enemy recapping city = yes

enemy artillery = no

set ai skill = no

ai accuracy = .2

headless client = no

tracking system = yes

revive system = standard

revive time = 10min

rally point = yes

ai recruitment = all tls

debug mode = no

The .rpt file has been cleared out, as the server has been started several times since then. If it happens again, I will be sure to snag it for you.

Thank you very much Aposky!

You can take a look at =BTC=_definitions.sqf.

BTC_enemy_n     = (paramsArray select 2);

This number defined here is the base of the spawn system. If you take a look at the =BTC=_fnc_server.sqf you can find where the AI number is calculated.

For example take the fnc called BTC_init_main_city.

_players = playersNumber BTC_player_side;
	switch (true) do
	{
		case (_players < 5) : {_n = 2;};
		case (_players > 5 && _players < 11) : {_n = 4;};
		case (_players > 11) : {_n = 7;};
	};
	_fant    = ceil (floor (random _n)) + (_n * BTC_enemy_n);
	for "_i" from 0 to (_fant - 1) do
	{
		[bTC_enemy_side,[_city_pos],80,3] call BTC_spawn_inf_group;
	};

As you can see the value defined by param influences the AI numbers based on the players connected.

What would I need to change in order to either A) Lessen the amount of AI that spawn or B) Add additional parameters to make the AI spawn ratio cover a larger span but NOT based on the number of players in the server IE 100% = 100 AI, 75% = 75 AI, etc etc?

Hello, as promised, here are a couple of rpt files. We started running a couple of mods, but this problem has occurred several times without mods as well.

This server was up for 4 days before the problem happened, we had about 5 towns left to capture.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByTeMG8Iijz8WnZ3dW1qUFh0Szg/edit?usp=sharing

I restarted the server after that, and after taking a 3 or 4 towns, it happened again

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByTeMG8Iijz8NnM3d1R0M21ZZ1k/edit?usp=sharing

Here is a client rpt file from the second incident, if it helps...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByTeMG8Iijz8am9Zamc1eVlnc0k/edit?usp=sharing

DId you modify the mission?

The mission hasn't been modified. I can try redownloading it if you think it has been corrupted

Just a report from our last session with 20ppl.

- performance was good, with HC of course. First City we had 200ai spawns. Attack and response was good.

- logistic stuff is a little bit too micro management. would be better just to spawn 1 crate with more stuff in it OR a crate with VAS. With 3 ppl. we had too many things to do. Problem was of course all kind of drones. they get lost too quickly and when they crash they load up the server load. Also on ammo/weapon (like AT) stuff, would be good if this stuff despawn (drones also).

- Did also side mission. We had only "find and kill/destroy". A bit too simple if big artillerie stuff is in the base. Some "defend" missions would be cool, not only on one city but e.g. 2 citys/objects at the same time with a little time to setup and split teams and so on.

- why the big trucks have only 3 slot for stuff and a weapon box needs 2slots? So if 18 people need to resupply we need about 10 weapon caches and so on. this would be a 5 people full time job.

- would be cool if on the FOB would spawn some resupply stuff and despawn on close down.

Thats for now. hope you will work on this map ;)

No news on this? :(

I think its not much to do to get this mission nearly perfect. Some good side missions, a bit tweaked logistic, some more despawn. I also have some ideas but looks like i have to wait :(

Giallustio is working hard on another big project and till this will be released I think he will be a little busy. Trust me, you prefer he's working on that other thant this :p

Hi Giallustio I found this mission whilst trying to find a FOB script, about to test the mission now. What FOB build script does it use? Is the script available to share?

Thought to ask.

Regards

Mazza

Hope he doing his big project well. It's a been while so if he dosen't mind can we heard any wip sitrep?