Sign in to follow this  
giallustio

=BTC= co 50 War Storm

If with this still doesn't works...

- Have you tried to run arma3server as administrator?

- Have you got also an error that tell you that some dll is missing?

- What os are you using?

- What version of visual c++ redist have you installed?

- Have you downloaded this http://www.microsoft.com/it-it/download/details.aspx?id=30679 ?

- What dll do you have in windows/syswow64/ that match msvcp****.dll

If with this still doesn't works...

- Have you tried to run arma3server as administrator?

- Have you got also an error that tell you that some dll is missing?

- What os are you using?

- What version of visual c++ redist have you installed?

- Have you downloaded this http://www.microsoft.com/it-it/download/details.aspx?id=30679 ?

- What dll do you have in windows/syswow64/ that match msvcp****.dll

1. Using FireDaemon to start it as a service, so yes

2. No errors of missing dll's

3. Windows Server 2012 Standard

4. 2005, 2008, 2010, 2012

5. Yes, both x86 and x64

6. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6898448/misc/msvcp.png

with those dll all works fine http://i.imgur.com/JpGhn5W.png , don't know... Maybe because you don't have msvcp110d.dll ?

Unfortunately the msvcp110D.dll is a debug dll and it isn't included in the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistrutable package. This is becouse normally debug version aren't released to other than developers. Developer have installed it by default with Visual Studio.

You can compile your project in "Release" so all dll which you'll need will be included in the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistrutable package.

to t3quilla> U have to install Microsoft Visual C ++ 2010 redist. package (x32 because Arma3 is 32-bit application) on your dedicated server.

U can find packages here: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-windows_programs/trying-to-open-computer-management-the-program/5c9d301a-2191-4edb-916e-5e4958558090

According to this post here did you so happen to compile in debug mode? Because I do not have the dll installed in Windows and it doesn't get installed even if I install the redist package.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10926790/visual-studio-msvcp110d-dll-is-missing

I have no problems with functions of iniDB and War Storm missions. I have downloaded mission pbo and @iniDB from Giallustio's links. All seems to be works fine, but we have tested it only yesterday evening. I'll try to play with my m8s today evening and I'll see If there will be some problems or not.

My dedicated server is running on MS Windows 2008 server R2 standard with SP1.

MS Visual C++ 2010 x32 installed on the server

I have no errors in server RPT.

Later in the evening I'll write result - If iniDB works like a charm or not. :)

Hello Giallustio,

I returned to the feedback test with iniDB I downloaded yesterday. I downloaded the version that you indicated, unzipped the community server, and started the mission, but with this version, it is not saving the file in the db.

Tonight I'll do some more tests to confirm, some may have been my mistake during the process.

Soon I report more information.

[] 'S

Guys download inidb from the link I posted 3 post before (30 minutes ago) , this will works

Not yet...I was thinking about this 'cause it could be a very large data...I don't think it's so necessary, is it for you?

I'm afraid it could blow some save out...

Not yet...I was thinking about this 'cause it could be a very large data...I don't think it's so necessary, is it for you?

I'm afraid it could blow some save out...

Well, that's kind of why they are there. To leave information for players joining in later. If the server for some reasons restarts that info is lost.

My plan is to restart the server as little as possible but for example if you release a new version of the mission with bugfixes...

We played MSO quite alot on A2 and left sitreps at the end of every session for players joining in later.

First report after fixing @inidb: players aren't asked to teleport to their last location after a server restart, also spawns with default gear.

I haven't tested this myself yet, will do later on tonight...

Edited by Watarimono

I'll work on it then ;)

When you restart the server and load the game then disconnect and reconnect to the server. I don't know why but all the clients connected to the server aren't sync with time, date, etc etc, probably they initialize before the server loads the savegame.

Guys download inidb from the link I posted 3 post before (30 minutes ago) , this will works

ramius86,

I downloaded the version shown in your post iniDB and a quick test, I started a server and tried to save, I checked the db folder if there was a file there and there was no file.

The night will perform more tests and report more about.

Hello Giallustio,

first of all thank you for mission. I clearly see potential in this one: custom medical system, logistics, dynamic AI spawning and HC utilization - goodies! It is also nicely written code-wise.

I've got a question: Could you point me out where in code is defined number of enemies for each setting? I'd like to adjust that or add new settings.

Thank you very much Aposky!

You can take a look at =BTC=_definitions.sqf.

BTC_enemy_n     = (paramsArray select 2);

This number defined here is the base of the spawn system. If you take a look at the =BTC=_fnc_server.sqf you can find where the AI number is calculated.

For example take the fnc called BTC_init_main_city.

_players = playersNumber BTC_player_side;
	switch (true) do
	{
		case (_players < 5) : {_n = 2;};
		case (_players > 5 && _players < 11) : {_n = 4;};
		case (_players > 11) : {_n = 7;};
	};
	_fant    = ceil (floor (random _n)) + (_n * BTC_enemy_n);
	for "_i" from 0 to (_fant - 1) do
	{
		[bTC_enemy_side,[_city_pos],80,3] call BTC_spawn_inf_group;
	};

As you can see the value defined by param influences the AI numbers based on the players connected.

Houston, we have an ini, i repeat, we haven an ini!

First test:

I drove an hunter around and logged out next to the hunter with my first aid kit on the ground. When i restarted the server, the hunter was moved to the parked position, but i respawned on the default spawn location with the default kit (with first aid kit). Do you have to stay on the server for a longer time or is player location/gear saving generally bugged right now?

It works. It saves every 30 secs.

When you restart the server and load the game then disconnect and reconnect to the server. I don't know why but all the clients connected to the server aren't sync with time, date, etc etc, probably they initialize before the server loads the savegame.

Hey there Giallustio! loving the mission so far thanks for your awesome work!

would it be possible to add some form of AI recruit to the mission (triggerable by params) I play with a small group of friends and sometimes the AI are just useful in bringing up the numbers to use for vehicles and just to up the intensity of firefights.

Currently i am helping tpw to improve his "TPW Mods" dedicated server compatibility. I noticed, that his scripts are very useful and capable to simulate civilian life and other realistic effects/features, which could help this mission. At least this mission would remind me more of a "specific" arma 2 mission, with open world, database, civis, cities to attack, sidemissions and similar stuff (which wasn't dayz :P ).

By the way, we were having much fun with your mission and a nasty radio tower side mission on the southern island on altis. If you don't mind the german chatter, you can check it out:

http://de.twitch.tv/predator_v2/c/3099920

:D

Uploading on Youtube right now.

Edited by Predator.v2

Next step will be civilian modules ;)

We've just finished our session! I'll take a quick look at yours ;)