Sign in to follow this  
JohnnieConcrete

Double your FPS

If you hav'nt already done this, do it now.

Put your computers power options to FULL BLAST.

It doubled my FPS from 30 to 60.

let me know if it helps or not.

How do I do this for windows 8?

Without having an intention to ridicule the O.P...

this kind of threads (regarding Uber Performance) etc start to look as tricky commercial messages like :

"**Double the size of your Peanuts!! "

The "easy & smart" solutions (probably) have reached their limits.

The REAL medicine here is just..code optimization or (mostly not probable) code revolutionary changes or....

more powerful system

Double your FPS

...play some other game released this year...

Heh! You nailed that! ;D

=============

I m sure code optimizations are on their way.

Having system/video settings tweaked in "sane values" accordingly to your hardware-along with any community tricks + incoming optimizations from BI/GPU manufacturers + Proper designed missions ..people with less powered systems will eventually live the "Ultimate experience"

As you can tell..there are lots of things that can go wrong.

Most of these problems are barely noticeable in High end systems imo

The easiest way for *them was just to use any search engine typing some relevant to

ArmA3+performance+tricks key/words maybe.

Most results would have redirect them here or other popular gaming sites :)

At least that was the way i used to gather and combine scattered info..

Without having an intention to ridicule the O.P...

this kind of threads (regarding Uber Performance) etc start to look as tricky commercial messages like :

"**Double the size of your Peanuts!! "

The "easy & smart" solutions (probably) have reached their limits.

The REAL medicine here is just..code optimization or (mostly not probable) code revolutionary changes or....

more powerful system

Perfect! :bounce3:

What is weird is connecting to a server and when I get to choose role (Invade & annex, marksman, rifleman etc), gpu utilization goes to 100%. Weird because it is not drawing any graphics. GPU should be in 2D-mode. And 2, it is utilizing my GPU to the fullest. This happens nowhere else ingame.

I would not recommend setting the Windows Power Setting to "Max Performance".

What that does is run your CPU at 100% performance at all times which means it runs at it's maximum voltage and clock speed, consuming more power and shortening the CPU's life-span.

You just need to figure why ARMA 3 is not using your CPU properly on it's own.

I would not recommend setting the Windows Power Setting to "Max Performance".

What that does is run your CPU at 100% performance at all times which means it runs at it's maximum voltage and clock speed, consuming more power and shortening the CPU's life-span.

You just need to figure why ARMA 3 is not using your CPU properly on it's own.

Not totally true. If you go to BIOS and turn on cool & quiet, APM, C6 and all the other powersaving features.

By default all those are enabled. On AMD-based motherboards (never owned Intel).

Heat, especially overheating shortens the lifespan of CPUs (in other words, overclocking and poor cooling).

Because of CPU-throttling (and poorer performance as a result) I only run Cool & Quiet.

I don't exactly know which of the other powersaving features drops my 4 Ghz fx8350 to 1.4 Ghz when enabled. I suspect C1E or C6.

Edited by mamasan8

Anyone notice how he mentions 30 and 60 fps? Seems he has Vsync on, and it might aswell have been a 59 to 61fps change... In short, he has no clue what he's talking about.

I think people here are being a bit harsh on the guy.

He was obvioulsy very excited by his findings and wanted to share with everyone.

I think people here are being a bit harsh on the guy.

He was obvioulsy very excited by his findings and wanted to share with everyone.

This, lets not bash the bloke please.

Well he's banned, so I feel no symphathy here.

And this forum has too much misinformation already, better point it out than let others struggle with a non-working fix.

Not totally true. If you go to BIOS and turn on cool & quiet, APM, C6 and all the other powersaving features.

By default all those are enabled. On AMD-based motherboards (never owned Intel).

Heat, especially overheating shortens the lifespan of CPUs (in other words, overclocking and poor cooling).

Because of CPU-throttling (and poorer performance as a result) I only run Cool & Quiet.

I don't exactly know which of the other powersaving features drops my 4 Ghz fx8350 to 1.4 Ghz when enabled. I suspect C1E or C6.

I OCed my 8350 to 4.7 and gained sweet F all in fps

Double your FPS

...play some other game released this year...

This thread should be marked as solved

with ivy-bridge I have all disabled in bios, only speedstep enabled and in nvidia control panel max. performance mode. Result: ingame maxed clock of cpu/gpu and nice downclocked cpu/gpu when internet. With appropriate logging tools you will have assurance idling cores aren´t destroying performance ;)

Well if someone has Windows Aero theme on, turning it off can give you 10fps. That's what happened to me when I changed theme from something cool to Windows Basic. Main menu fps from 50->60.

with ivy-bridge I have all disabled in bios, only speedstep enabled and in nvidia control panel max. performance mode. Result: ingame maxed clock of cpu/gpu and nice downclocked cpu/gpu when internet. With appropriate logging tools you will have assurance idling cores aren´t destroying performance ;)

Thats how I discovered the fact. Hwmonitor, together with MSI afterburner, always on when I game so I see exactly what my comp is doing and isn't doing.

Which of the powersaving features it is, I don't really care =).

I turned off Aero the first thing I did when I got Win7. Together with UAC.

Performance is king.

Is there an x64 memaloc for arma 3 out?

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA_2:_Custom_Memory_Allocator

"Since Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead build 85869 (1.60 beta) it is possible to provide custom memory allocators for the game.

The memory allocator is a very important component, which significantly affects both performance an stability of the game.

The purpose of this customization is to allow the allocator to be developed independently on the application,

allowing both Bohemia Interactive and community to fix bugs and improve performance without having to modify the core game files. "