Sign in to follow this  
Rob

Just over 2k registered members

Im seriously surprised in the lack of people that are on these forums because in reality we should be seeing about 100K users on here.

I guess it goes to show how many people actually stick to a game an wants to know more.

i looked and it said 2K a little while back.. maybe i missed that extra 0 but still its a dragstical small amount

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Rob @ Aug. 24 2002,19:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Im seriously surprised in the lack of people that are on these forums because in reality we should be seeing about 100K users on here.

I guess it goes to show how many people actually stick to a game an wants to know more.<span id='postcolor'>

This is from the front page of the forum....

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"> OF FORUM welcomes our newest member MrMojo making a total of 19472 registered members.

<span id='postcolor'>

Now, I know they dont all post... but that IS a lot more than 2000 members

edit: Doh! beat to the punch by another defensive mod. smile.gif

Actually, it's not a surprising statistic. the majority of people that play a game wont participate in the forums. It's usually a fairly small vocal percentage that do. You'll also find that with the exception of a few silly moments, this forum generally has a much higher signal/noise ratio than most gaming forums.

Yes Warin,

Your always right biggrin.gif

But this number is nonesense. i guess it does not include all those people that were banned, nor the ones that have changed their account-name. And finally 85% of them are neither frequent nor loyal posters. I guess some just came to ask FAQ's and relating stuff. You could see that from the amount of people asking questions that everyone should know can be found at AVONS FAQ. And then they simply dissapear! And who thinks that computer-games have anything to do with loyalty, NO WAY!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Rob @ Aug. 24 2002,20:07)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yes Warin,

Your always right biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

you're

Dont make me drag out Bob the Angry Flower now biggrin.gif

If you want proof of how much niver it is around here, go read some CS forums, or the Americas Army forums biggrin.gif

oop i think we have a perfectionist on the loose wink.gif

yeah..that little banned thing too..some ppl got their account wiped out, some still have it, but with posting rights removed.

i think it is correct to say that only small percentage here is regulars and others sign up so they can post questions. but that is good enough with me smile.gif

i'd say, compared to other forums, this forum is quite mature.

I am kind of surprised how small the community got after a year! sad.gif

There is no excuse! It is the americanisation that demands young people to ever increase speed of consumption. To never rest, to never feel at ease when playing a game for more than a day. FastFood culture is also entering the gaming business. First-person shooters are therefore so popular. No storyline, same controls, same logic, easy to get, easy to throw away! tounge.gif

well, considering that most games loose appeal in 3-6 months, I say OFP is going really strong.

of course, we have to take consideration of member's maturity level. many gaming forums have idiots, while this one doesn't have much(after January 2002 that is).

I am an idiot! Thanks god my parent have bought me this machine and locked me in the cellar. Around 3pm everyday I get my potatopie, sometimes hot sometimes cold. And once every month I get a bowl with cold water and little piece of soap to wash myself. But I am okay, the cellar is pretty spacious and sometimes I can even get a little bit light down here from outside tounge.gif

Its going very storng! so strong infact that i have got my stupid game dealer about 20 mins away to order some new copies of ofp in and everytime i bloody go down there to pick them up they have sold out... mad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Rob @ Aug. 24 2002,20:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">oop i think we have a perfectionist on the loose wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Not in the least. biggrin.gif

I think you also have to look at the fact that OFP is not your average game.  It needs a little more dedication than the typical fragfest.  So we dont get the CS kiddiez hanging around here for the most part.  And I am very thankful for that. smile.gif

edit: I played CS from the early betas until about a week after I bought Flashpoint in February...so I know that community.

for example, SP mission 'Steal the Car'.

damn... first few times I died even before i see the enemy....but after long and hard try, i learned how to keep myself away from getting shot at.

but most kiddies do not have patients to learn that..after 2-3 tries, they would go. "This sucks! it's too hard!" and quit.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Warin @ Aug. 23 2002,21:08)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif7--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Rob @ Aug. 24 2002,20wow.gif7)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yes Warin,

Your always right biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

you're

Dont make me drag out Bob the Angry Flower now biggrin.gif

If you want proof of how much niver it is around here, go read some CS forums, or the Americas Army forums biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

The AA forums are soooo damn funny, 80 percent of all the members brag about how they've been in the army and they all act like stupid kids.

Gosh, i'm more grown up than that whole damn forum together!

But it's really nice to read all that stuff...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Warin @ Aug. 23 2002,21:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">So we dont get the CD kiddiez hanging around here for the most part.  <span id='postcolor'>

Muhahahaaaah, that's what you think....

*crawls towards a dark corner*

hehe.... i may have to go there sometime biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ Aug. 24 2002,20:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">for example, SP mission 'Steal the Car'.

damn... first few times I died even before i see the enemy....but after long and hard try, i learned how to keep myself away from getting shot at.

but most kiddies do not have patients to learn that..after 2-3 tries, they would go. "This sucks! it's too hard!" and quit.<span id='postcolor'>

LOL exacley! biggrin.gif

I didn't like OFP demo, but i bought a copy when it came out anyways. biggrin.gif I was just bored. No good games. confused.gif

First mission i tried was Steal the Car. Damn, that was hard. But i didn't give up. I tried again and again and again and again and then i finally beat it. I was so happy when i saw that man saying: "That's a nice job soldier. I knew you had it in you". biggrin.gif

Then the campaign. It was OK til After Montignac mission came. I was replaying that mission all night, but i couldn't bet it. I went to bed. Then i had a dream about that mission. I beat that mission in my dreams. I used the same strategy as in my dreams when i replayed the mission. And it worked. I beat the mission. biggrin.gif. I was becoming better and better. Every mission gave me something. And now, After Montignac is one of the easiest missions in OFP. I can beat it in 5 or 10 minutes. biggrin.gif

hehe thats pretty cool!

Yeah i never did complete the campaign after one of the missions because it got too hard so i gave up... it was like the 3rd or 4th from the end.. I honestly can't remember.

But damn, once i played that demo i said to my bro

"dude, i will do anything if you can buy that" but he liked it as much as me....

Thats until he got bored of it after about 1 week, which is a pretty impossible task. So he gave it to me. biggrin.gif

I actualy was directed to these forums by a friend, and then I found the off-topic section, and now I have made camp here because Its one of the only places where I can share my views.

i had some questions abouth the mission editor (i tought it din't work with my version, byt then i found out to doubleclick), so i went here, saw all these addons produced here, tested all topics out,...

I remember I cam here to look for the upgrade 1.1! But there was a comment that anoyed me in the offtopic forum and so I posted my first message! biggrin.gif