Sign in to follow this  
Hameedo

ARMA 3 Graphics and Performance Analysis

Might as well compare it to an RTS then ;)

My point would be - if that's what you're going to be concentrating on, you might as well know what you're talking about.

But these are his main points , graphics and performance , not gameplay , he even states at the end that ARMA is a strong looking game , just not at the same level of other graphically advanced games.

Yes. He states it. Toooootally not you... ;)

Either way you/he/whatever have some valid points in some respects, as many others have pointed out. Poor performance and less polish are pretty much what we all know and discuss regularly on the forums, and for that reason the review doesn't bring much new to the table for us to discuss. No offence inteded, but thousands of posts since release we've mulled over most of the points discussed a few times. In short, yes I agree that there are faults and things that need addressing, but I couldn't tell you what you were right or wrong about. Dwarden has already popped by to say there were some things wrong in the video and we've said a few times that at this point in development they can't really optimise the engine to the degree that would satisfy most people as it would involve a lot of re-coding and the like.

As a review for someone who hasn't touched the series or read the forums I can imagine it is somewhat informative, although I think more time could've been spent showing off the graphics rather than discussing them. They're a rather objective thing, the argument of what is and is not 'pretty' in a game. Explain the pros and cons of each, but I think a clear focus and demonstration on each section would've been more beneficial than glossing over them and mentioning settings that we don't see a clip of for some seconds- this confuses it a little as we can lose track of which feature is actually being demonstrated at any one time.

Hope the feedback helps!

I thought we all knew that by now, but pretended we didnt because it was funny. :p

I thought we all knew that by now, but pretended we didnt because it was funny. :p

That made my day :). Contrary to this video.