Sign in to follow this  
frankltcol

River

Well currently and I believe the reason why pepinKr is asking is to lower your terrain to below 0 meters to simulate a river. If your terrain contains no ocean then you could even change the sound of the ocean in cfgsounds to a river sound for added effect.

The other way (and we just had a lengthy chat on the other day) is to use a p3d object the had flowing water animation on the top. However the ai doesn't recognize these very well can do all kind of strange things from laying down and fireing their guns to walking under water. From the conversation the best way if you use these pond objects is to taper the terrain to from the edge of the river max depth being 1.4 meters. This way it forces the ai to perform the swim animation.

Hi guys,

Thank you for your replies. I'm using L3TD and Global Mapper. I will try with pond objects.

Regards,

Frank

Like M1lkm8n said, if you want good looking but not AI friendly river use objects, if you don't really care about the look of the river, use L3DT to "carve" it.

I'm using L3DT for my rivers but i hope to be able to make some good looking rivers in the next coming months. I had something in mind for a while but i need to do some models before that ;) Will keep you posted ;)

Anyone successful with the bridges and their respective pathlods so far? Tried this morning by looking at Altis.pew but wasnt successful. Even added a road..any idea?

we did a bridge with rocks.

see here

It is very important to use proper (solid) rocks and avoiding to increase too much the rock size.

---------- Post added at 12:33 ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 ----------

If you want to create a little river max 1m deep, so Units would still walk in that water, you could try to abstraact the exhaust gas particle effect to some floating water.

Just a Idea.

Well im very new to create particle effects and such things but i made some poison gas effects with this editor.

The editor allows you to export your particl effects to config parameters or script values.

If you need help PM me.

Well, I meant the "real bridges" :cool:

AI also drives (walks?) through shallow water, allowing forts. I cant recall the excat value but it was sth between 0.5 and 0.75 centimeters...