I wonder which file has to be removed to get rid of the wookie-simulating background screams... ;)

Hey BigPickle, do you plan on doing anything with the tanks? I only tested the Slammer, but that beast is powered by a 12 cyl diesel, and your sounds sound like... an electrical motor. =\ Other than that, I love the gunfire and ambient sounds, but I'd love to see the vehicles given some love. Marshal still uses stock sounds, as do several civilian vehicles.

Edit: Also seems like some of the helos use samples recorded during flybys, played in a loop. This sounds awkward.

Edited by Dreadp1r4te

Very cool mod! Thanks for sharing! I was wondering if anyone else feels that the OPFOR weapon sounds and all explosions are pretty quiet?

I think AT Launchers, 40mm's, and the audible distance from weapons firing needs to be increased. I cna hear the rounds crack but I need to be very close to the individual whos firing in order to actually hear the weapon. Would be awesome to have the telltale "thump" sound of the loading and firing of the 203 :)

Edited by Opendome

I think this mod is dead. It hasn't been updated or replied to in some time.

lol

simple answer is NO.. its not dead..

lol

simple answer is NO.. its not dead..

I hope its not dead.

not dead just taking a break

Thank god and of course take all the time you need to regenerate mana :)

Will you in the future update this mod for AiA?

Glad to hear it's still alive. SOS was my favorite mod before the latest patches.

Love this MOD, but went back to JSRS because:

>> The door Knocking, constant opening and closing

>> The random whistling

TOTALLY spoil this sound mod, remove them and you have a winner.

Edited by oO Para Oo

What para said plus one.. Is there a pbo we can remove that stop this from happening? the wistle comes out of no where, and its pretty loud. and i have been in the middle of the field and heard doors closing ect.. kinda immersion breaking.

Christ, why it's so difficult for people to grasp the idea that we really don't care about the whole "mod vs mod" type video things people do? SOS and JSRS are not doing what we do for competition with one another. We have different creative perspectives/styles and release the work to the community to choose upon themselves which is better suited for their own personal tastes to use and enjoy. It irks the hell out of us--at least speaking from the perspective of JSRS Studios--to see "Which is more realistic/better/cooler" threads or posting almost competitive style videos in our threads. It's all subject to personal tastes, there's no single entity which dictates which is more whatever.

I personally have used both when I dick around in the editor, since MP steals my framerate and rapes the hell out of it (Different topic/rant for another time/place). The point is, for crying out loud stop posting these videos and stuff in each others threads and stuff. It not only gets annoying, but feels sometimes like people are egging us on into some stupid competition. We just want to enjoy making our mods how we see fit when time permits. Can either enjoy them and appreciate the hard work or make your own. And please spare me any excuse that these types of things are not throwing each other into the ring of competition with titles like "vs". There's a difference between showcasing the work for people to get an idea the different artistic styles between and "JSRS VERSUS SOS.....who is better!?" type videos.

yup I have to agree with Yokhanan. I've had a few suggestions of how to do certain things to compete. I'm not competing with Bcombat or ASR or even ALIVE. Couldn't if I wanted to. lol That being said and yes its off topic keep youtube videos on youtube when it comes to mod vs mod. Its not constructive. Less put it this way if its not constructive don't post it. I love both JSRS and SOS. They both have strength and they both have weak points depending on a players tastes and style of play. Does it matter which is realer or not. NO IF you dont like one over the other use the one you like and leave these poor modders alone. If you put in time making a mod yourself you would understand. Its a lot of work, and guess what...... ITS FREE!!!! So if you want to show others the differences between several mods keep it on youtube, unless the modder/s request your video. But basically what you did was kind of a slap in both mod makers face. Be constructive yes, but stop putting down modders and there work. Usually when I make a video I'll either post it on my page for my mod and/or I offer the other person that created a mod I use the option of using my video if they wish to. :) So if you have suggestions suggest them, but dont be rude. Anyways wanted to put in my 2 cents here.

BigPickle and Jarhead you both ROCK and you both have great mods. Keep up the fine work. :)

That being said..... A suggestion might be: Maybe if possible attach the wistle to units on the map ;) The 1st time I heard this I was looking all over the place to get that guy. lol OR maybe make a user config for the player to turn on and off. ;)

Edited by Mikey74

honestly i didnt watch the videos until now.. I am just interested in if there is a way to remove the ambient whistle and door closing sounds??

and PS.. watching those videos.. besides the obviously obnoxious voice, these videos seem like "comparison" videos. I dont know how many times i have seen people ask how a mod works or how it effects the game or what have you... If you ignore what was said in the actual post and just watch the videos it is JUST A COMPARISON video.. to get all butt hurt over a comparison video is well foolish and the jokes on you.. your wasting your energy.. There are plenty of people out there that would rather see a video of what a mod does before they download it.. Although i DO know what you are trying to convey (yokhanan and mikey) i dont think getting all boowhoo/butthurt over it makes any thing different! Commenting on it, in that manner actually feeds the fire so to speek..

I like both mods JSRS and SOS. I just want to remove that crazy loud whistle (when no ones around) and the out of place door closing (when there are no buildings around)... the first time i heard the whistle it was loud as fuck and right in my left ear, scared the fuck out of me and hurt my ear bones...

i hope BigPickle continues the awesome work!! the more mods for arma the better the arma!!!

Edited by Lordprimate

>> The door Knocking, constant opening and closing

>> The random whistling[/b]

Same reasons i am not using SOS but i admit doing some night missions that whistling scared the shit out of me hahahahah i thought there is enemy behind me(whistle) and want me to turn around hahahahah realy cool stuf but it seems it is going globaly or what? I love SOS and will get back to it soon or later sounds are just amazing but still not where it should be.

Bigpickle THANK YOU

One more question "Did plane sounds made it in SOS or still WIP?"

Hey thanks for the mod! Getting shot at is so much more terrifying now.

Are the PBO files from v1 and v2 interchangeable? I prefer certain sounds in different versions I was wondering if I could mix and match.

Edit: Im trying to get the distant incoming small arms fire sounds from v1 into v2. I prefer v2 overall.. but I find it lacks that nice muted pop pop pop of distant small arms fire.. or you need to be much farther away to hear it (+1km in v2)

I put the bulletcracks and snaps from v2 into v1.. but I dislike the metallic clanking sounds of the rifles in first person in v1.

Edit2: Okay I discovered its the core.pbo that is responsible for both the metallic clank in first person AND the nice popping at a (closer) distance.

In v2 the distant incoming fire is either inaudible other than cracks or just a much quieter version of what MY first person shots sound like (which is nicer in v2.. more deep and echo)

I think I will use v1 with the v2 bullet cracks :D.. or v2 with the v1 core.pbo? Two great combos.

Anyways Ive been playing with it all day. I think I read your post about making a combined version with the best sounds from both? That sounds great.

Thanks again pickle.. very immersive and realistic.

Edited by Canox

Hi guys could someone please help me with this. Ive read all the pages & ive either read over it or its not here. Ive downloaded SOS yesterday, unpacked it, copied the file over so now it sits in "steamApps-Common-Arma3-SpeedofSound-@speedofSound_RC1. When i go to configure & expansions in game ive enabled it "@speedofsound_RC1" & restarted the game. On the right side of the "welcome?" screen where it says CBA, should it also say SoS? Ive upgraded to a new computer & am moving everything over to the new one. On the old computer it used to have an icon saying SoS beside CBA.

Im just want to know if the icon has gone since the last update or if ive done something wrong.

Many thanks in advance guys for any help

I love the new SOS mod update, fantastic work, really love the gun fire, ricochets and thumps.. great great work. Although its not about who's better than who, the people comparing the two should do so if they wish and not be told otherwise by some members. Random whistling, in my opinion an outrageous inclusion but I do respect the authors creativity. Perhaps marines randomly whistle during missions?

What para said plus one.. Is there a pbo we can remove that stop this from happening? the wistle comes out of no where, and its pretty loud. and i have been in the middle of the field and heard doors closing ect.. kinda immersion breaking.

try movement.pbo and/or environment.pbo.

@mod-x vs mod-y videocrap

to play the one mod off against another one is very stupid. It demotivates the modmakers I think.

Honestly I'm not sure that the video has to be about "x mod vs y mod". I appreciated watching it simply because it allows you to hear both mods side by side and make a decision about which one you prefer. Of course you can just download both and try them as well, but they're not small and some people don't want to use the bandwidth/time.

try movement.pbo and/or environment.pbo.

@mod-x vs mod-y videocrap

to play the one mod off against another one is very stupid. It demotivates the modmakers I think.

has this been confirmed?

I've got a friend that didn't like the sounds but he loved the blood and gore effects.

Is it possible that you give us that only as a separate addon?

Thanks.