Superb work, really. Thanks alot for its creation and a tip for those who think distant sounds are low. Its an ugly trick, but works. http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?154605-Audio-Tweaking-(dev-branch)&p=2605914#post2605914

Can't recommend that. I ran around Altis almost a whole day once wondering why everything sounded so dull and silent, till I found out I had loudness optimization toggled in Windows. ;)

Quick question: I don't see the bi.key inlcuded on the latest version. Did you miss it? To be able to run it on a server I need the bi key.

If you want me to record and use this sound mode I need the keys so I can sent to the server..

Hi, I downloaded the latest v2 version on PlayWithSIX, and it takes out the recoil for most of the vanilla weapons :/. Also grenades mostly sound extremely distant/quiet even when going off right next to me. The mod is really awesome and I can't wait to use it as a daily driver, but it seems like nobody else is pointing out this issue. I have had TMR installed at one point but deleting it doesn't seem to solve the problem.

Really enjoying this mod and it's significantly improved since it's first release. Great work BP :cool:

If you want me to record and use this sound mode I need the keys so I can sent to the server..

Bigpickle, any news on the BI Keys for this mod?

What is the file driving blood effects ? Blood mist to be more precise ?

I don't know why this is present in a soundpack, but that's kinda cool. I just want to know what .pbo directs it.

For those having version issues:

• Follow the deleting instructions
  • Use this thread or armaholic since they sources provided by me, using any other source i cant help you with sorry.

*Key uploaded on main page*

Big Pickle - Reall good job with this latest version.. I love the cracking and pinging from live rounds, Love the internal sound of firing, very realistic sounding !

Not so hot on the random wolf whistle from no-where - but I can live with that...

I too noticed that combat around 150 - 200 metres away seems attenuated slightly, still good, but made me turn my volume up, (then needed tuning back down when i started to shoot)

Anyway loving the development.

SJ

Observation: I really would like to use this sound mod as I think it has great potencial! I've said it in the past. For exemple the Hummingbird sounds are great but the sound volume on 1st person view sound is more louder than on 3rd person view. To me doesn't make much sense becuase when your piloting the chopper you have headsets and the sound should be lower than it is and on 3rd person view and outside the chopper the sound should be lauder than it is. This sound difference is somehow exchanged.

Given this exemple most of all sound volumes are somehow deregulated and not giving the right feeling. At least for me.

I'm using an headset to play ArmA3.

wow just took a re-arm from a chopper... Rotor downwash is amazing !!

Can't say for hand grenades, but 40mm grenades make a very low sound indeed.

Basically there are too many unfinished areas in the current sound engine and add into the mix peoples rigs for me to start messing with volumes, i go by my set up:

DDL sound card, tritton 5.1ax pro + headphone system, audio options set to 128 channels. Windows make sure the loudness-equalization effect function is disabled

My 2 cents from my rig as I belive this mod have potencial:

I consider my sound system very simple as I don't have any extra sound card implemented.

My sounds come directly from my Mother Board (ASUS SABERTOOTH X79) where is pluggled my Gaming Headset PC 350 Special Edition Sennheiser. I have no loudness-equalization effect enabled.

TIP/Suggestion: There must be a reference sound where all sounds should be based on.

I'm not an expert on the topic but I appreciate natural sound. Perhaps all sounds should be balanced / compared and have a volume reference based on the environment volume sound. It's not good to have a high environment volume sound and then a low vehicles weapons firing sounds.

I think the geral environment sounds are not bad but the wolf/dog random is anoying after a while and the wind is too loud. the gear and food steps are great! Maybe you should use this gear and footsteps as reference for all other sounds..

EDIT: I'm runing stereo and Format: 24bit, 192000Hz (Studio Quality). Ingame Sound Sources = 128

Edited by bravo 6

This is a quite video demo of the flyby audio being worked upon by my scriptwriter and I, and I love it!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrkKuqRswdM

TIP/Suggestion: There must be a reference sound where all sounds should be based on.

All recording come from the same environment.

This is starting to sound very good:)

Love the new main weapon sounds. Firing a weapon should sound just like a loud deep bang for the shooter and this currently is a nice spot of balance between "bang" and a weapon type characteristic sound. Also the explosions are nicely loud and bassy.

I have my bass crossover set at 80hz and now most of the sounds get picked up by the subwoofer. The bigger calibers might need some more oompf.

It's such a shame the sound engine cant handle occlusion and such... maybe you could add reverb to indoors shooting like some others have done before?

Picked up a error:

_dist = player distance |#|_sSource;

if (_dist < 50) exitwith {

init.sqf line 575 Undefined variable in expression _ssource

Really? If thats so...

Come On this is a Soundmod neither Effect nor Balance Mod

I really like it but thats a NO GO

Anyone else notice this puts in new blood particles and makes the weapons weaker?

Is that so? Did not noticed yet...

Basically there are too many unfinished areas in the current sound engine and add into the mix peoples rigs for me to start messing with volumes, i go by my set up:

But... does that mean that the grenade explosions are loud enough on your rig? I suppose that there has to be a reason for that, like a certain frequency to be noticeably louder at these samples compared to others, or some other sort of difference between these sounds that may be the reason for them being played less sonorous on certain rigs. Finding that difference may offer an opportunity to adjust that.

The amount of people telling about the silent explosions shows that there has to be some tweeking to be done to the volumes. Additionally, I have to say: In the last iteration of your mod, the volumes of explosions were balanced way better. And I suppose you haven't changed your sound setup since then, or did you? ;)

This is a quite video demo of the flyby audio being worked upon by my scriptwriter and I, and I love it!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrkKuqRswdM

All recording come from the same environment.

Very nice. Possible to get them a little louder? Especially when they pass and you hear the growl :)

Very nice. Possible to get them a little louder? Especially when they pass and you hear the growl :)

I hear you mate :D When BIS get some proper afterburners in game it will roar like a beast.

Also as i said on video description, any aircraft mod makers who want me to add their aircraft to this mod just left me know and I'll do the rest, :)

Edited by Bigpickle

I have to admit, I converted from JSRS mod to SOS mod. Although I believe both of them are great.

I would love to have louder distant fights, and to remove the whistling though:)

Anyone else notice this puts in new blood particles and makes the weapons weaker?

I added blood but there is no change to weapons what so ever! weapons are weak as stock.