Hey mate, may I ask - is this compatible with any other sound mods? ie JSRS?

Thanks

Sound mods cannot generally be mixed as they're replacing same weapons as well as have their own configs on distance, reverb etc...

thanks froggy your right.

Incidentally you can mix stock weapons sounds as long as both mods are modular and you don't use the same pbo's, ie using basic mixing like running m320 from one mod and zafir from another, but with regards to distance script and reverb stuff you'll need to pick one or another.

R.e my mod ive had a bit of a second wind, in bringing together the culmination of V1 & V2 into a release version proper as I spoke of before. Ive finally decided on the sound set atmosphere i want and I'm loving how it sounds right now. I'll post up a video of some random combat on mp later on today for you to check out.

As far as bug solving and stuff this version contains all previous bug fixes so no more screwing around with hot-fixing :) Still waiting for the major bug fix from BIS *cough *cough though so that's holding things up. (If you havent done so thus far please vote the bug up in my signature)

Currently I'm flitting around MP servers tuning and tweaking the mod and fixing any problems that crop up, thankfully there has been very little thus far.

Edited by Bigpickle

Really impressive updates, mate. LOVE the lmg's and FN2000 sounds. And of course the sonic cracks are killer (always loved them since the start).

Anyone else has a problem with Pawnee not firing missiles correctly with this mod?

It just look weird and slow, but with JSRS and without the mod its fine.

It's the only thing that's keeping me from using this mod.

The distant sounds are amazing and would like to combine them with JSRS, that would be amazing.

Anyone else has a problem with Pawnee not firing missiles correctly with this mod?

It just look weird and slow, but with JSRS and without the mod its fine.

It's the only thing that's keeping me from using this mod.

The distant sounds are amazing and would like to combine them with JSRS, that would be amazing.

You need the "Classname Hotfix For SpeedOfSound both versions", that was fixing this issue i think.

Thanks I missed that, It worked.

Although in my opinion the sound of shooting rockets from a pawnee is a bit to sharp, and loud.

I don't know if that's how it is in real life but i don't like it much here, and the main weapons sounds are a bit odd, but its the best sound mod out there.

I really like this mod, but am experiencing very different sounds than in BigPickle's videos. Guns I fire sounds quiet/muffled/distant. Other guns fired nearby are also quiet and muffled. I think this is similar to Bravo 6's experience. Any suggestions?

I really like this mod, but am experiencing very different sounds than in BigPickle's videos. Guns I fire sounds quiet/muffled/distant. Other guns fired nearby are also quiet and muffled. I think this is similar to Bravo 6's experience. Any suggestions?

Because the new video is from a version currently being worked upon.

Here is a new script for audible rotor wash from the version being worked on in action

http://youtu.be/vWsABPv9Ce4

Here is a new script for audible rotor wash from the version being worked on in action

Wow, that sounds really great!

Sounds fantastic. Really impressed also by how the other sounds of the chopper change as you approach (not sure if this is new or I never noticed before).

Really impressive updates, mate. LOVE the lmg's and FN2000 sounds. And of course the sonic cracks are killer (always loved them since the start).

great job, can't wait for the update

---------- Post added at 19:28 ---------- Previous post was at 19:25 ----------

Where can I download V2? The files from the links provided seem to be gone.

V2 and the Hotfix links are all down....

Because the new video is from a version currently being worked upon.

http://youtu.be/vWsABPv9Ce4

That's superb! Although I was a bit taken back to not hear any exhaust noise when you walked by the rear of the chopper. Not asking you to add that (unless it's within your abilities to easily do so), more or less a comment about how "realistic" the rotor wash sounds! My instincts were to hold on to my hat and coat watching you walking around it. :)

Looking forward to trying the new version as well. Might just be switching over from JSRS after all!

deleted.

Edited by Pergor

Greetings SoS devs! I've had a request to put the server key for this mod on my server. Any chance you could include a link just for the key, I don't want to download the whole 726mb file.

The hotfix classname on the first page is down, can you reupload it please ?

thanks you very much

@speedofsoundv2.png

Bigpickle; We're in the process of connecting you (and other authors) to your content to be able to manage the metadata and the content itself in the near future.

Please feel free to 'Claim' the mod if you desire, available if you login to the site.

You can always send new content our way through withsix.wetransfer.com

Or add your request at getsatisfaction.withsix.com

Edited by Sickboy

I have a small hopefully a small request. If its to much its all right I'll live. ;) But if its possible to make the artillery wiz sound before impact slightly louder? The shwoooooooooosshhhh boooom, but the shwoooooosh part.Thanks BP. :) I feel like a kids now. lol

Hello,

Im confused: I've downloaded the version 2 on 22nd December 2013 and I'm not sure if it was updated since them.

I would like to create a new demo vídeo with the version 2 but need to know when version 2 was last updated so I can put the info on the vídeo description.

Can you please clarify or add it in 1st post?

EDIT: Also the file "Classname Hotfix For SpeedOfSound both versions" is not available..

Edited by bravo 6

I noticed something about the sounds of the mod: If you place tracer effects modules on the map, they usually don't make so much noise in vanilla version. With SoS they get much louder.

The problem about this is: To have a dramatic effect (at daytime at least) you have to add quite some of those modules. But then they get much louder, to an extend that you can barely hear anything beside the sounds from the modules, if you're in closer proximity to the modules (like 500m to 1km).

Maybe there's a way to add an optional file for lowering the bullet sounds that are produced by the tracer effects module?

I noticed something about the sounds of the mod: If you place tracer effects modules on the map, they usually don't make so much noise in vanilla version. With SoS they get much louder.

The problem about this is: To have a dramatic effect (at daytime at least) you have to add quite some of those modules. But then they get much louder, to an extend that you can barely hear anything beside the sounds from the modules, if you're in closer proximity to the modules (like 500m to 1km).

Maybe there's a way to add an optional file for lowering the bullet sounds that are produced by the tracer effects module?

I agree with everything you said. The sound is too loud when you get bursts of fire. Stopped using this MOD because of it. 've Talked here nothing has changed. Hopefully that will change in this new update. the JSRS2 changed that. Now the sound is very nice. I can hear everything around me in JSRS2.1. I want to use the SOS because I like him very much. But when it is not modified I will stay at JSRS2.1.