Hi bigpickle, is it possible to replace the katibar, m2, mk, mk20 and mx pbo´s with the ones of your first version (with the mono gunshot sounds)? I tried it with success and got no error. Or will something be corrupted by mixing pbos?

with the mono gunshot sounds I get the best audio positioning!

Thanks for the best soundmod I ever heard!

Is it possible to add echo to everything outside and also to footsteps so they sound different indoors and outdoors?

I can't reload saves. I played a showcase to test this, and I saved and then got shot and died. Then I tried to reload it and I got the f*ckin' dependency error. :(

UMMM wow. Some of these post from other members are a bit selfish and retarded. Let the man alone. DO you realize HOW much work goes into modding stuff. I look at the shear volumn of this mod, and feel terrible for saying stuff that I think could improve. But I only do so because when folx do the same for me it helps focus me on the right stuff to edit. I have a tiny mod not even a 1/2 meg of work, but it took me months to even get it release able, and even then It should have been put up as a wip. lol even now it should be a wip. That being said. If you don't like the mans mod, and do not have anything constructive to say about it. Please stop using it and keep your comments to yourself. AFTER all it is FREE.

I know its off topic and wasn't constructive to the thread for that I do Apologize. But Im read some of these post and I'm picking my jaw up off the floor. Sorry about all the BP. Going to test the new update in as soon as its done DLing. So far even the worst of this mod is truly magnificent. I do appreciate this mod I love the sounds and its very immersive imho. Me and my son where ducking and screaming last time we played a mission together. BECAUSE of your mod. Thanks for all the hard work, and don't let these kids or grown kids get ya down.

Hi,

we encountered today a problem with the new version 3.

I was hosting and using your mod then a friend of mine joined the server.

He was not using your mod but when he shoot at enemies,

his game crashed sometimes with an steam error message.

We tested after without your mod enabled on host and that problem was gone.

Tested. Sounds great still ducking and flinching. lol ONE bug though. A tank was destroyed. I was camped out around it. When the flames died out. It still had the burning sound.

Hi there, i am new on this forum, same as with Arma3, its my first "Arma" ^^ :cool:

Just wanna say that i really enjoy playing Arma with this mod, in my opinion its much better as JSRS. I am looking forward for updates, cause sounds are important in this kind of games :yay:

Wanna ask if its normal that the Wind blows hardly through a house (even when doors closed) or is that a bug for now?

Greets :)

Additional SpeedOfSound version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

==================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

;2546994']Some vanilla weapons are still recoiless =/ (I thought this update was supposed to fix this and others issues)

Every weapon have vanilla effects only sounds have been changed' date=' let me know what weapons you think are different.

Hi,

we encountered today a problem with the new version 3.

I was hosting and using your mod then a friend of mine joined the server.

He was not using your mod but when he shoot at enemies,

his game crashed sometimes with an steam error message.

We tested after without your mod enabled on host and that problem was gone.

If you could recreate the bug (note the time before you play) and then go to C\Users\"username"\AppData\Local and select the rpt with the right start time and zip it and pm it for me, my script writer will have a look over it and try to identify the problem.

Tested. Sounds great still ducking and flinching. lol ONE bug though. A tank was destroyed. I was camped out around it. When the flames died out. It still had the burning sound.

I've seen that too and its kinda annoying and I'm not sure if its my mod or the game, the values are exactly the same as the stock values apart from volume so the jury's out still for that one.

Hi there, i am new on this forum, same as with Arma3, its my first "Arma" ^^ :cool:

Just wanna say that i really enjoy playing Arma with this mod, in my opinion its much better as JSRS. I am looking forward for updates, cause sounds are important in this kind of games :yay:

Wanna ask if its normal that the Wind blows hardly through a house (even when doors closed) or is that a bug for now?

Greets :)

Yeah the environment sounds appear to have no occlusion which is kinda poopy, i cant change that one sadly.

Look forward to seeing this on Play with Six.

Just watched that video, very impressive sounds indeed, its good to see more than one soundmod coming to fruition as some options (all respect to the "other" soundmod) :)

Ah the days of Arma1 when there were 3 or 4 soundmods to mess with :)

Hi BP,

I enjoy the new version, canon and missiles fired from heli's are a bit too loud still in first and third person view and the third person view could use a little less reverb, otherwise really enjoying it.

Please keep up the good work.

I played the V2, which is very good, but the sound for helicopters' flares lacks :)

Hi bigpickle,

now I tried to overwrite the new gun-shot related pbo´s:

-katibar

-m2

-mk

-mk20

-mx

with the ones of your first and older version and get no errors so far. Is it possible to mix it in this way or will it disable/corrupt some new effects?

@mikey74

I think there is a big difference between a statement like "I don´t like your mod at all" and "I like your older version far more".

Edited by JumpingHubert

The new gun sounds are absolutely brilliant. The reverb is just right - when you shoot you in an open field you feel like you're in an open field. Compared to the previous gun sounds (which were already great), these are very immersive and punchy.

Keep it up Bigpickle!

@JumpingHubert no no not those. Ones like I do not like your mod I'm going to just stop using it... kind of statements. That irks me. Im offended on BP's behalf. That's neither constructive nor helpful. And yup Dont like your mod at all would fall under that. Now liking the old ones better is a direction pointer. To me that's acceptable. LOL Im not a moderator or nothing. So what I say in essence is meaningless about behavior. But It needed saying imo. Again I apologize for being off topic.

So this is a competitor to JSRS? Oohhhh.

So this is a competitor to JSRS? Oohhhh.

Nah those guys a experts as I see it, but still sounds are such a matter of taste that no mod i guess could be considered best.

The new gun sounds are absolutely brilliant. The reverb is just right - when you shoot you in an open field you feel like you're in an open field. Compared to the previous gun sounds (which were already great), these are very immersive and punchy.

Keep it up Bigpickle!

Version 2 or Original?

---------- Post added at 17:52 ---------- Previous post was at 17:44 ----------

just found something very wrong, i have changed some things so its possible you might not have this problem but when in third person view the first person sounds also play. If you do have this bug don't post up as I already know about it, if you don't have it bonus!

Version 2 or Original?

Version 2. My comment was in comparison to the original.

So, with the V2, with get error messages when :

-trying to pose a bomb/a mine

-trying to launch flares when in a heli

just found something very wrong, i have changed some things so its possible you might not have this problem but when in third person view the first person sounds also play. If you do have this bug don't post up as I already know about it, if you don't have it bonus!

Man I love your mod. Last update is brilliant.New 3rd effects and urban/environment echoing gives it realistic kick in! It is still beta but IMO sounds way better than full A2 SM. Explosions are meaty as they should be. If you will keep it up this way it can become mod of the year :)

I though have couple observations. At what distances new 3rd gunshots sounds are applied? IMO transition between both more slappy first person shot and new 3rd could be more noticeable. Since when I shot gun in third person it sounded a little bit distant. But I clearly like the idea of that filter.

Next input is OPFOR mobile artillery - it's shooting sound in the field have too short falloff - infact sound is being cut after 3 seconds.

And something you probably considered. While all those guns have great distance sounds and reverb/echo applied - what about to apply the same (but of course much more slightly) to the distant pops? It doesn't have to be completely hearable but rather more 'feelable' to the ears - and fillable to the soundscene it is set in - providing much wider sound scene, adding more depth and space to the soundscape. Sometimes, especially when there are a lot of the sound pops it stays in front of the soundscape rather than creating the soundscape. Excuse me for my sound engineering terminology but its been my hobby for quite a while :)

EDIT: Checked again it seems that distant sounds have reverb! Just some of the higher calibers distant sounds doesn't have any reverb.

Just giving feed to the thought. This mod is already amazing, I wasn't sure it would be possible to recreate such effects on A3.

Keep up great work buddy!

Edited by fragmachine

Yeah the idea on V2 is so that when another player/ai fires it doesn't sound like exactly the same sample when you are firing, the vaguely distant feel is great for over 10m from the firer not so great below but that's the trade off sadly, cant have the best of both.

The errors to do with put weapons and flares have been fixed so thanks for the report. Reference the arty type impacts, that's something we'll have to bare until BIS make some specific arty rounds and arty guns. Right now the biggest shell we have is a 120mm but its the shell the tanks are using so that's why the trail off is less and don't really sound like an arty shell, (most missions use that shell for arty as its the same diameter) the real arty shells are yet to come from BIS.

Anyhow gonna take a break as of tomorrow for a while so hope you enjoy what we got plus the hotfix for the 3rd person with vehicles issues and the put and flares errors.