just to make it clear, i was far from complaining about this, just wanted to contribute some constructive feedback and i LOVE the idea of different sensations for every camera angle!

this mod is a revelation and im sure it will further be taken care of appropriately with well temperate tweaks :}

@bigpickle: a question of curiosity, how sensitive is the mod in environment detection? can it be adjusted to the interior of any kind of building? how many interior settings does it have allready, will you add further?

This mod is absolutely amazing, the whiz zing bullets, blood splatter, helicopter sound effects, missile fire and ambient sound. Best mod ever, please keep up the outstanding work.

@bigpickle: a question of curiosity, how sensitive is the mod in environment detection? can it be adjusted to the interior of any kind of building? how many interior settings does it have allready, will you add further?

It currently has 3 building size detections, 30m+ being large, 14m+ being medium and less than 14m being small. It plays a random choice between 4 samples per shot for large, 8 for medium and 4 again for small. Also we have a random choice of 4 samples per explosion.

The script I feel is probably near its limits of feasibility when you take into account all the distance, first third and scope as well as reverb functions there's a lot going on, I mean imagine if a helicopter landed next to a building and the mini-gun poked through the window and the crazy bastard hosed down the inside of the building with a stupidly long burst, Our PC's would melt and arma would just break.

I'm strangely tempted to try it...but I'm not gonna cos I know it would be inviting problems for the script.

As time passes my scripter has said he will try to tidy and get better efficiency from his work as much as he can, it just takes lots of time to mull and think over the processes which obviously in RL take up a lot of time.

The MOD is pretty much perfect sounds. Some vehicles have the sound of train. Some weapons have the sound of reloading delayed. Please fix in next update. Please! Thank you! Google Translator! :)

Today I was messing around with the UAV sfx in the menu, i just had to experiment it. Here a video of 1 full loop. Music is set to 0 on the slider.

http://youtu.be/vx986jTZInI

Edited by Bigpickle

Very perfect! This should be the new version of the mod? Still comes out this month? this mod need the CBA to work? My question is. Thank you! Google Translator!

Sounds are amazing except for the vehicle horns, a small Sportsback sounding like a big ass boat :)

On the sidenote, this is a clientside mod same as st_hud?

Let's say I host a server and run the soundpack, do the other ones connecting to my hosted server need the pack to be able to fully connect and play?

Yours

Pro

---------- Post added at 18:10 ---------- Previous post was at 18:07 ----------

Your mod, but the way the gun sounds in third person is spot on IMO. That, but louder, would be my suggestion for the first person sound. Maybe at least tone down the metal sound if possible.

Remember that there are metallic parts moving at highspeed inside a weapon so the metallic sound is right on spot. Do remember that being near someone who fires is not the same as firing, you hear the other sounds better when you have your ear near it.

Sounds are amazing except for the vehicle horns, a small Sportsback sounding like a big ass boat :)

On the sidenote, this is a clientside mod same as st_hud?

Let's say I host a server and run the soundpack, do the other ones connecting to my hosted server need the pack to be able to fully connect and play?

Yours

Pro

---------- Post added at 18:10 ---------- Previous post was at 18:07 ----------

Remember that there are metallic parts moving at highspeed inside a weapon so the metallic sound is right on spot. Do remember that being near someone who fires is not the same as firing, you hear the other sounds better when you have your ear near it.

No they don't, this mod is client side, as long as the server is not enforcing signatures, you can join to it and use the mod, if the server is using signature verification then you have to add the keys to the server.

No they don't, this mod is client side, as long as the server is not enforcing signatures, you can join to it and use the mod, if the server is using signature verification then you have to add the keys to the server.

As I thought, thanks for the information and confirmation.

Just a quick heads up for the people who discovered a few game breakers, the "missing or deleted content" bug has been solved along with the sway issue. :)

Again thanks for the praise and I'm glad your getting some enjoyment from the mod.

Bp

"missing or deleted content"

I have this Problem. What schould I Do ?

It is frustrating, because it is just a very good Soundmod :-(

Good Work !!

Hey Guys,

As a pilot in a Ghost Hawk, first person, the sound never seems to change after the initial RPM has built up? Feels pretty disconcerting...not sure if others agree or not.

I really like everything about this mod except the actual gunfire. Just not enough ass behind it, even if I am supposed to be listening for the subtle differences in mechanical action.

Explosions sound beautiful though. I did notice something that might be a bug though, or maybe just repeat feedback. Playing the showcase with just SoS and CBA, when mortar shells would come in, you'd hear the incoming sound and then on impact it sounds like a pillow hitting the ground, almost like there's a shockwave sound, but no explosion.

Keep up the good work!

Just a quick heads up for the people who discovered a few game breakers, the "missing or deleted content" bug has been solved along with the sway issue. :)

Again thanks for the praise and I'm glad your getting some enjoyment from the mod.

Bp

I have already installed the Hotfix patch by overwriting the 4 original PBOs after the update2 installed, but then again got the 'missing or deleted content "Speedofsound"' poping up while loading a save game which using your mod.

thats right its coming in the update 3 and will be a full download, this update will include various fixes and tweaks as well.

thats right its coming in the update 3 and will be a full download, this update will include various fixes and tweaks as well.

The best mod. Waiting with much excitement. Thank you!

Edited by ThorBrasil

:) +1

"You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.speedofsound".

Bigpickle, don´t forget about this issue, please!

Love your mod.

"You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.speedofsound".

Bigpickle, don´t forget about this issue, please!

Love your mod.

right now with the campaign on dev branch its a game breaker

I have tried removing various files out of the mod, but I can not find how to remove the exaggerated blood splatters and fleshy chunks. What file is associated with the gore? Don't take this to heart. I love your work, but I don't think the bitty chunks of flesh flying everywhere is exactly logical.

Nm. ^^ No need to vent this early in the morning.

Edited by Kremator