Nope, AntoineFlemming, I´ve disabled all TMR files and those vanilla weapons still doesn´t have recoil... an old addon (RecoilFix.pbo) isn´t the cause either...

I´ll try putting SpeedofSound in the first position (after CBA of course) of my launching parameters and see if it helps! [EDIT] Oh boy, it doesn´t... =/

Edited by Corporal_Lib[BR]

Can the blood mist and chunks be released as a separate addon?

I dont think its TMR. Ive had this one turned off sense AISS. I know Its not AISS as I don't fool with recoil. Wouldn't know how to. lol I also thought TMR till I read Corporal_Lib[bR] post. Not sure how speed of sound would have anything to do with it. In fact I kind of doubt it does. I'm on DEV branch part of game. It could be something they are doing. idk

I dont think its TMR. Ive had this one turned off sense AISS. I know Its not AISS as I don't fool with recoil. Wouldn't know how to. lol I also thought TMR till I read Corporal_Lib[bR] post. Not sure how speed of sound would have anything to do with it. In fact I kind of doubt it does. I'm on DEV branch part of game. It could be something they are doing. idk

I think it may be the game, as I has this issue before this mod. I know that there is a TMR-specific recoil error that might be due to using other weapons mods. But other than that it may be the dev branch.

@ Bigpickle I've noticed something my last round of testing. When the artillery hit a building I was facing the building when it collapsed. The sound was coming from a different direction. This has happened more than once. I'm not sure if you have edited those sounds, but if ya have may be another bug hunt for ya ;) I tell ya those bug hunts are at 1st kinda fun when your learning stuff, but when you rewrite something and you just cant seem to find the bugger.... Can be quite annoying. lol I have a new appreciation for modders now. lol Not that I didn't before but NOW I totally understand. lol

@antoineflemming yup I'm thinking this is the culprit too.

First I want to say this is great and I really hate when I have to turn it off in order to play on a server with my pals. Great job!

I'm not fond of the screaming though, and the horns, but mostly the constant screaming. It seems like even when someone is hardly hurt they are running around and constantly screaming. I finally had to remove the "speedofsound_screams.pbo" to enjoy the other sounds of the game. Although it was pretty humorous to have vehicles drive and hear screams coming from them.

A clanmate made this video with your mod:

The Sounds are just awesome :D good work.

Can the blood mist and chunks be released as a separate addon?

No. BP has said they stay. As with every other addon, if you don't like it don't use it!

Yeah guys I was tinkering with the recoil to try to make the zafir usable as the recoil was insane. I forgot to change it back :o my bad, I'll release a hotfix today so you can get it back up on your servers.

I'd really like to know the names of some servers where it can be used, I've barely been able to play in proper MP as the mods not big enough yet from servers to allow it.

Also I am taking note there are still volume adjustments to be made with reloads so I'll be checking they fit animations too, pretty time consuming but when update 3 comes it'll be a accumulation of all the updates and therefore big enough to warrant a full re-download of the mod.

Regards Bp

---------- Post added at 10:45 ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 ----------

A clanmate made this video with your mod:

The Sounds are just awesome :D good work.

Love the video, i checked out the others too tell him i said great work :) I'll stick it on my front page.

Edited by Bigpickle

many thanks for the mod bigpickle, the video above is awesome! Still only one concern: own weapon sounds in first person view aren´t stereo like announced in last update (if I understand it right)

(headphones, x-fi)

many thanks for the mod bigpickle, the video above is awesome! Still only one concern: own weapon sounds in first person view aren´t stereo like announced in last update (if I understand it right)

(headphones, x-fi)

Yeah they were converted in update 2, probably not a lot of detail left though. I can try to locate my original samples or even replace them but that's not gonna happen until BIS explain the stereo use in the sound engine, don't want to waste lots of effort :)

HOTFIX is up to correct sway issues.

Yeah they were converted in update 2, probably not a lot of detail left though. I can try to locate my original samples or even replace them but that's not gonna happen until BIS explain the stereo use in the sound engine, don't want to waste lots of effort :)

HOTFIX is up to correct sway issues.

fully comprehensible. Come on BIS, help the modders a little bit!

Hotfix frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===============================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Not sure if anyone has reported this, but the GM6 Lynx has a sound issue when you scope in. It sounds normal when firing from 3pv and 1pv but when you scope in it sounds really strange.

As stated before, really liking those sounds and scripts.

A few questions though, Bigpickle:

• Would it be possible to release the particle effects as a separate mod? Those over-the-top gore effects ruin the immersion (which gets more realistic with SOS btw) for me and as it seems for others, too.

• Any chance to (optionally) get rid of the environmental battle sounds?

Keep up the great work, won't start ArmA without your mod for the next weeks.

I can´t load (new) savegames, no other mods/addons running, only cba_a3 (newest version of cba and speedofsound, dev build) http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/867233805943481833/D5194ED31637124D7DBCA87D4C34C4F9A73CDB86/

Can you pm exactly how you did this mate, that would be appreciated :)

For those who don't like parts of the the mod its fully modular so if you don't like the Gibs ie gore remove the speedofsound_gibs.pbo & bisign etc and it wont run.

I've updated first post to announce this.

---------- Post added at 19:13 ---------- Previous post was at 19:06 ----------

Not sure if anyone has reported this, but the GM6 Lynx has a sound issue when you scope in. It sounds normal when firing from 3pv and 1pv but when you scope in it sounds really strange.

The GM6 sound scape I modeled on the Barrett M82 which has a powerful spring that can be heard upon firing, so what your hearing is that said spring rattling which can be heard sometimes when your check is on the piece.

Edited by Bigpickle

Same issue as reported in this thread: just played Combined Arms showcase and the game auto-saved after the helis touch down. I got promptly killed on the hill face and the game couldn't load the autosave. I got some error to do with Speed Of Sound like "mission could not find dependable content" or something...

Edit: The exact error is "you cannot edit/play this mission it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.speedofsound"

Edited by sproyd

@Bigpickle

The sound of the Minigun in the Speedboat Minigun is completely bugged in First Person. You only hear a horrible noise.

Did you change the ammunition of the AH-99?

The normal gun does not make any damage?

What files do i need to delete to get the AH-99 back to Vanilla?

Very nice mod. Keep up the good work!

Feedback after an hour of play:

Overall great mod, love most of the sounds

- Ricochet needs some work of course

- Had a popup error when changing to scope it was like "scope sound not found"

- I was approaching firing artillery and the distant vs close sound is quite dramatically different. Like if I cross over a threshold the sound changed significantly.

- Helicopters and tracked vehicles are great though and effective at scaring the sh1t out of me!

@Bigpickle

The sound of the Minigun in the Speedboat Minigun is completely bugged in First Person. You only hear a horrible noise.

Did you change the ammunition of the AH-99?

The normal gun does not make any damage?

What files do i need to delete to get the AH-99 back to Vanilla?

Very nice mod. Keep up the good work!

Thanks for finding the bugs they are on the fix list. Cheers

No. BP has said they stay. As with every other addon, if you don't like it don't use it!

Thin is - I like it, but I dont like the sounds.