I have my Audio in config menu set to 128 samples and the mod mod is built using a 5.1 Dolby Digital Live Sound card.

I suspect that the weapon used was a new one from the dev branch and therefore in stereo seeming to sound better. The problems I have found with stereo have been a distinct lack of positional audio, my first person sounds have been changed to stereo ready for update 2 as they can only be heard in that camera view but the third person sounds are still in mono until BIS decide to brief us about how the engine uses stereo.

As a general update things are going relatively well albeit slowly due to stuff being protected or all having the same parent class such as the HMG's, this type of stuff severely limits the individuality to how each weapon sounds, the biggest impact of this in the first person sounds, by this i mean that i want to treat vehicle borne HMG's to a different sound set for first person samples than a static HMG, Currently this wont work as they all force inheritance from a parent class that I cannot override.

With this in mind not a lot will be happening with these updates until BIS declare the game fully published meaning its fully modable.

I'll probably push out update 2 this weekend with the aim of fixing rpts, and reverting the first person sounds to stereo along side volume tweaks.

sounds very good, bigpickle. To allow stereo only in first person view on own weapons to prohibit bad positioning is the right descision i think. Many thanks to inform us.

Really appreciate the work you've put into this, looking forward to the updates. Peace.

Congratulations on the release! This soundmod is superb. Great samples, reverbs and echoing.

To nitpick I just find some of the explosion sounds (like grenades for example) too quiet, like they would explode underwater. Firstly when I started playing I found footsteps on dirt a little bit too loud. But other than that it is one of the best mods for A3 out, hands down!

i got a creative xfi soundcard, samples set to 128 and used the devbranch.

also you have to use the exact same weapon i used. (pdw)

also i dont know which building would represent the same typ of reveb if you are not running the same island?

I have added a link for update 2 (inc update1) on the main post. This update contains various volume tweaks and balances.

Enjoy

Bp

I have added a link for update 2 (inc update1) on the main post. This update contains various volume tweaks and balances.

Enjoy

Bp

Thank you very much sir. :)

Thanks for the update but could you be a bit more clear about what we do with Update 2? You've said it includes Update 1 but the file size is half of the original. Do we put the files from Update 2 into the original SpeedOfSound folder?

Thanks for the update but could you be a bit more clear about what we do with Update 2? You've said it includes Update 1 but the file size is half of the original. Do we put the files from Update 2 into the original SpeedOfSound folder?

Yes just overwrite it.

Oh there will be some environment errors that i forgot to fix show up on rpt's, remove the environment pbo if it bothers you.

Right, just had a played around with the new update - fantastic!

However, there a few observations that I'd like to point out for this mod overall:

Ricochets: Some of these sound far too artificial (like something you'd usually hear from an old movie).

MX, MXM, MK14, M200, MK20, GM6: Brilliant.

Vehicle gun sounds: Amazing.

Vehicle explosions: Amazing.

Heli fly-by sounds: Very realistic.

Distant gun sounds and ambient combat: Incredible

MX LSW: 1st person sound seems to be lacking treble, making it sound very flat. Maybe add some bolt sounds?

UGL & Grenade explosion sounds + volume: Spot on.

Launcher AT explosions: distance - perfect, close range - needs to be much louder and with more treble (the lack of treble makes it sound more like a distant explosion).

Reload sounds: Need to be much louder. They are barely audible.

Flesh particles: Need a lot of reducing (1 shot in the leg and large quantities of chunks of flesh come flying out).

Blood mist: Needs reducing a little bit, the amount given at the moment is far too much to be feasible. However, overall the effect is very useful as it helps you to see in the distance whether your bullet hit the enemy or not (I'd never considered blood splatters in this way before). You're getting a sense of feedback with every hit made. Also, hitting your target is much more satisfying.

I know this is still a work in progress, but these are my initial impressions of the mod so far. Overall an excellent sound mod, I'll definitely be playing with this from now on.

Edited by GDSN

Ahhh so THIS is where those flesh particles come from - thought I was going crazy. :p

Theres a nice squishy blood sound too when shot, overall I really like this one.

Would you kindly consider using a different UPLOADER, for example, Media Fire?

I cannot download GameFront in Thailand and most of Asia for that matter. Seems they have problems with some countries in Europe as well.

Cheers

Flesh and gibs stays :p

Rgr on the nearer explosions for AT, I havent got round to that yet but i think a little more attack and increasing the range will get the desired effect.

Glad you guys are enjoying it, im for the first time in months playing tonight :)

---------- Post added at 18:52 ---------- Previous post was at 18:51 ----------

Would you kindly consider using a different UPLOADER, for example, Media Fire?

I cannot download GameFront in Thailand and most of Asia for that matter. Seems they have problems with some countries in Europe as well.

Cheers

No problem mate, Foxhound will be uploading the update at armaholic too at some point, hang tough buddy.

Thanks you very much for informing us of the updated release :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===============================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

I like that blood mist and chunks too - add much more atmosphere and feels like there is really a war. Blood mist could be occasional and size dependant on point of the hit but really... this is a sound mod - fantastic sound mod and not graphical expansion mod (that's why none should complain about this) - anyway glad to see these :p

Only thing that seems to be unchanged are tanks cannon firing. But I believe these will be sorted out.

Thats the point, i cannot load savegames from a fresh started mission.

Savegames also not working in own editor-missions. Addons only cba and speedofsound started with pws.

Fileintegrycheck with steam done.

my other addons that require cba have no savegame probs.

@Bigpickle

i have found maybe a solution for this problem.

i have created a "speedofsound.pbo" as a dummy, now savegames are possible in editormissions and scenarios( at least for me:yay:)

can you check this out?

I like that blood mist and chunks too - add much more atmosphere and feels like there is really a war. Blood mist could be occasional and size dependant on point of the hit but really... this is a sound mod - fantastic sound mod and not graphical expansion mod (that's why none should complain about this) - anyway glad to see these :p

Let's hope nobody complains then :p

But in all seriousness, they do need to be reduced. I got shot about three times earlier and it looked like somebody had thrown a body through a meat grinder xD

thanks for the update BP. just did a quick mission with infantry and the pistol reload sounds are still REALLY quite almost inaudible. I had to get my fix before work, and that is all i had time to notice. THANKS AGAIN FOR EVERY BIT OF THIS MOD.!!!!

Hi Bigpickle! Love your mod and enjoy most of the sounds you´ve added to ArmA library (lol with the "lost Boys" truck honk, but some sounds are weird, could work better it they were played just randomly - like the deadly wounded scream... overall it is a huge improvement, especially the distant sounds of explosions and jets flying by) but I had to disable your mod in my server cus it seems it causes no recoil in some vanilla weapons (NATO SMG <RL Kriss>, Katiba, FN2000, etc) Have you guys experienced this too? (I have all the updates by the way, and I´ve been noticing this no recoil bug since I´ve installed it first)

Maybe it is a conflict with another addon (JSRS???) as I have gigas of addons running alongside, but as I´ve disabled your mod, it all worked fine...

Keep up the good work =)

;2538183']Hi Bigpickle! Love your mod and enjoy most of the sounds you´ve added to ArmA library (lol with the "lost Boys" truck honk' date=' but some sounds are weird, could work better it they were played just randomly - like the deadly wounded scream... overall it is a huge improvement, especially the distant sounds of explosions and jets flying by) but I had to disable your mod in my server cus it seems it causes no recoil in some vanilla weapons (NATO SMG <RL Kriss>, Katiba, FN2000, etc) Have you guys experienced this too? (I have all the updates by the way, and I´ve been noticing this no recoil bug since I´ve installed it first)

Maybe it is a conflict with another addon (JSRS???) as I have gigas of addons running alongside, but as I´ve disabled your mod, it all worked fine...

Keep up the good work =)[/quote']

That's probably TMR...

It would be great if there was a way to disable the distant ambient combat sounds. Will this be in future releases?