So, this or JSRS?

Yay!

why not just install both, and compare by yourself? Do you need someone elses ears?

just some feedback:

GREAT SOUNDS!!!! Loving it!!!!

with a few others here i have to bring up that the reload sounds seem Way to quiet and the seem to be back and to the right when i hear them... there not directly infront of me... i can tell they are back and to the right.

Agree with the explosions being a bit quiet.. grenades are pretty quite.. can barely hear them 20 m away...

Other then a few volume tweeks this is a VERY nice mod

Please keep it up!!!

And if i havent said it yet ,

Thank YOU!!! you big pickel

wow this mod is a blast!!! :D (no pun intendet)

some volume tweaks be needed here and there i guess, like allready mentioned, but besides that, this was beyond expectations!

im looking forward to hear this in some CQB action with multiple different types of rifles shooting at eachother :P

you are apparently allready aware but i made a video of this inconsitency of reverb and silencers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhFTcFCkvNQ

but i also made this video of very consitent awesomeness (without silencer though)

Edited by Fabio_Chavez

wow, do my ears hear what i hear? Thats sounds daaamn good! The plated reverb is just awesome!

WOW! Thought LordJarhead was the king of sound, but there's a threat to the throne.

Great work.

Next update will include volume tweaks as a priority, also I'll speak with the coder to see if we can get that silencer issue sorted.

Remember bear in mind that until BIS stop adding/making content and releasing the game, things will be as it is now a bit sketchy bug wise. A few things are protected still such as silencers (if anyone has working config pretty please?) and some vehicles etc so the mod feels a little incomplete.

Great sounds !

but have trouble loading savegames...

"You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.speedofsound"

Tested dev and stable.

hope this can be sorted out.

Beeping the horn on a freshly aquired Ifrit was "surprising" :D

edit:

"You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.speedofsound"

Tested dev and stable.

I don´t use savegames, but at least this mod hasn´t got the well known "write itself into mission.sqm" bug, which is a plus.

Beeping the horn on a freshly aquired Ifrit was "surprising" :D

Wait till we get a bicycle :D

Great sounds !

Tested dev and stable.

Its because scripts needing CBA, loads all of the data at the start of each mission, cannot be changed as far as I'm aware, sorry.

i got some bugs here,APC's HE cannon not work(HE become AP)and 12.7 on vehicle can not see tracer when fireing

BTW:nice mod man!!!!

I think I've solved the vehicle tracer thing.

The HE issue thing i can look at if you can let me know which vehicle it is so its easy for me to trace the weapon.

Edited by Bigpickle

also it was inteerresting to me, will i hear reverb outside the building, and someone shoots inside, really suprising, it worked, so the shots fired inside the building, were mixed with reverb. This brings so much immersion to the sound, and since arma 2, ive always wondered, why the uck, bis never had adding reverbs to the game as priority!

Next update will include volume tweaks as a priority, also I'll speak with the coder to see if we can get that silencer issue sorted.

great to hear about the volume tweaks. you really have to normalize stuff. it all sounds fantastic but having a really punchy pistol sound and then hearing the carbine as if it was like 20m away from you kinda drags the overall impression down.

the indoor reverbs sound fantastic. really great!

about "the coder". could we get a name? would be interesting to know what name is behind the coding side of things unless it's a slave without a name doing it in your basement ;). great results so far! huge potential.

Its because scripts needing CBA, loads all of the data at the start of each mission, cannot be changed as far as I'm aware, sorry.

Thats very sad to hear, cause when you cannot revert to savegames in SP-missions or campaigns its ultra frustrating when you get killed.

I could not realy belive that there is no solution.(hopefully)

some volume tweaks be needed here and there i guess, like already mentioned, but besides that, this was beyond expectations!

im looking forward to hear this in some CQB action with multiple different types of rifles shooting at each other :P

you are apparently allready aware but i made a video of this inconsitency of reverb and silencers

but i also made this video of very consistent awesomeness (without silencer though)

So wait, Please take this comment above into consideration, but shouldn't there be impact noise on the inside from the round hitting the walls on the outside? That would be realistic, and would bring a great deal of immersion if you were inside, taking heavy suppressive fire from the outside. You would hear rounds hitting the walls of the thin metal from the inside.

Thats very sad to hear, cause when you cannot revert to savegames in SP-missions or campaigns its ultra frustrating when you get killed.

I could not realy belive that there is no solution.(hopefully)

All you have to do is start your mission again running the mod, then you can revert. Its always been this way with using mods since I can remember.

Unless your saying you cant revert after starting the mission afresh with the mod running, that would be abnormal.

some volume tweaks be needed here and there i guess, like allready mentioned, but besides that, this was beyond expectations!

im looking forward to hear this in some CQB action with multiple different types of rifles shooting at eachother :P

but i also made this video of very consitent awesomeness (without silencer though)

? its seems i have a completely different version of sos. In your video you have complete stereo gun sounds and it sounds great. Ingame at home I have muffled mono sounds :p

All you have to do is start your mission again running the mod, then you can revert. Its always been this way with using mods since I can remember.

Unless your saying you cant revert after starting the mission afresh with the mod running, that would be abnormal.

Thats the point, i cannot load savegames from a fresh started mission.

Savegames also not working in own editor-missions. Addons only cba and speedofsound started with pws.

Fileintegrycheck with steam done.

my other addons that require cba have no savegame probs.

the first video is about shots fired with silencer are way too loud inside the hall...

the second video is just a little demonstration of how it is when it works correctly, pretty neat i think.

@Bigpickle

I downloaded speedofsound from first page again and checked cba_a3. Still muffled mono sounds, totally different to these in fabio_Chavez video. Strange. Is there a newer version somewhere?

Edited by JumpingHubert

@Bigpickle

I downloaded speedofsound from first page again and checked cba_a3. Still muffled mono sounds, totally different to these in fabio_Chavez video. Strange. Is there a newer version somewhere?

Uh, where'd you download it from?

Same here, sounds doesn't sound like that.

Downloaded from Armaholic.

I have the same thing, nothing sounds like whats in that video. I downloaded from the main link in the first post.

I'm wondering if it's a mod conflict?

Uh, where'd you download it from?

from first page of this thread yesterday (not the update because its outdated like mentioned).

@Windies

yes, I think it has to do with AiA and activated other soundmods for arma2-weapons.

Using only this and CBA, no sounds like that video.

I have some decent headphones and some logitech speakers. When through the speakers, sounds very mediocre, when through the headphones it is absolutely next level (like the videos), so, try giving the mod a go with different speakers/headphones or settings. Great work, really looking forward to some further tweaked versions!

from first page of this thread yesterday (not the update because its outdated like mentioned).

@Windies

yes, I think it has to do with AiA and activated other soundmods for arma2-weapons.

I have neither of those though.