ollem

TPWCAS for A3 - AI Suppression System - suggestions/comments/ideas discussion

When I test in the editor I have one error that spawn during all the test.

[bIS_Func_MPexe] function "" not found.

I don't have anymore the b_detect error.

"BIS_fnc_MP" is the function used in MP games to trigger e.g smoke and colour changes of debug balls.

I have not test this code in SP - maybe related to SP?

---------- Post added at 18:46 ---------- Previous post was at 18:44 ----------

Thanks a lot for the update, I'll give it a look asap.

Is this script version conflicting with the mod version ?

If it is, is it possible to have a mod version ?

You should either use mod version or script version - not both.

Though tpwcas should not start twice but I don't know which one will start

Edited by Ollem

Hi Lord and/or Ollem

Do you think i can use latest TPW_CAS (with embedded LoS disabled) in conjunction with the standalone TPW_LoS (from latest TPW_MODS pack)

for dedi server use or..the "embedded" LoS is also differently adjusted for MP environment use?

Hi Lord and/or Ollem

Do you think i can use latest TPW_CAS (with embedded LoS disabled) in conjunction with the standalone TPW_LoS (from latest TPW_MODS pack)

for dedi server use or..the "embedded" LoS is also differently adjusted for MP environment use?

give it a try. I havent seen any conficts. I use both tpwcas, and tpw_mods running at the same time.. with everything Enabled.. Test it out for yourself. Just dont forget to post your observations in here and in TPW's thread..

Just dont forget to post your observations in here and in TPW's thread..

Don't worry ..i will :)

So what is the difference from tpwcas and tpw-mod that has LOS in it also both mods have suppression so whats make them play any different?

I think the suppression system in tpwmod is SP only in the the suppression system is implemented, but I may be wrong :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I meant in the "way" it´s implemented !!!

1 tpwcas, was a brainchild of several mod makers that was ultimately finalized into a Line of sight, and suppression mod for.. Wait for it... Single Player, Multi-Player Hosted, and Dedicated Servers. I have actually added some functionality of tpw's latest LOS scripting, into tpwcas.

2 tpw_mods is a mod made by tpw himself, that contains Ambient Life (civs, civs driving, boating, flying etc), suppression , Line of site, fog of breath, heat haze, etc...., focused on.... K, Wait for it........ Single Player... Some of its elements may work in Multi-Player hosted servers, and dedicated servers. and it is disabled by default because of recent changes in the AI / Game seem to make the AI a bit better at turning and engaging the enemy. in this version of LOS there is an added Turn function that if the AI is turned away from a player or another Enemy AI they will incrementally turn tward them , quickly (so it looks natural)

Your questions was a run on sentence it took me a minute to decipher what you were trying to ask.. English is Not your first language is it?

lets break it down shall we....

So what is the difference from tpwcas and tpw-mod that has LOS in it also both mods have suppression so whats make them play any different?

1) So what is the difference from tpwcas and tpw-mod? //answered above

2) that has LOS in it ... Wtf are you saying???

3) Also, both mods have suppression, so what makes them play any different? // again answered above

Edited by Lordprimate

+1 for lordprimate's reply.

Also please see a few posts above: #86: #post2540315

The embedded TPWLOS has been specially created for Multiplayer and is focussed on player versus AI rather the AI versus AI.

To be honest we usually disable it in our MultiPlayer games at Tier1Ops.eu, so I don't really know how effective it is.

If you only play Singe Player, please use the LOS in TPWMOD.

If you play MP, your mileage may vary: both might work, but for sure LOS embedded in TPWMOD is taking more resources, and on top of that the embedded LOS has a parameter which will disable it temporarily when the server FPS is below a threshold value, in order not to impact server performance.

---------- Post added at 17:28 ---------- Previous post was at 17:27 ----------

@tpwcas_v2.5 ARMA 3 test : Ollems latest scripts packaged into a Mod

Thanks!

Feedback appreciated - when it works fine I'll provide some server key 's too and will release formally.

@tpwcas_v2.5 ARMA 3 test : Ollems latest scripts packaged into a Mod

Thanks a lot for the mod packaging, I made a few test on it and unfortunately it seems that it still doesn't work with HC.

At least there isn't any debug balls over AI handled by HC, and they don't react over suppression fire.

Again as soon as HC is out, even if IAs were handled by HC at the disconnection of HC, debugs balls and IAs behaviours are working as expected.

Without any HC the mod still work really fine ;)

KAAHHNNNN!!!!!

Damn this HC...

So let me get this right...

the script version works with Headless Client.. Yes?

The mod version does NOT work with Headless client? Yes

So what is the difference? the files are the same..

tpwcas_script_init.sqf is changed to init.sqf with the added section to check for userconfig file... the config.cpp file which sets event handlers etc. there is the prefix which only shows the engine the folder path. I donno..

In what ways does a mod differ from a mission, as far as Initialization and Utilization of the scripts they contain?? Looking at these aspects of initialization is where well find the culprit for the mod..... Maybe its something GameEngine related?? and were pulling our hair out for nothing..

Thanks a lot for the mod packaging, I made a few test on it and unfortunately it seems that it still doesn't work with HC.

At least there isn't any debug balls over AI handled by HC, and they don't react over suppression fire.

Again as soon as HC is out, even if IAs were handled by HC at the disconnection of HC, debugs balls and IAs behaviours are working as expected.

Without any HC the mod still work really fine ;)

How do you test HC? (I.e. If you use UPSMON to control AI make sure it's started at HC too)

Also, if you want the debug to work please use tpwcas_mode = 2 to test.

Not working ... It always choose mode 3, mode2 is set in config.

What I dont understand is how to check where ai are running and if the debug balls should be in the server logs or in hc logs...

There is an error line 26 : tpwcasmode not initialised or tpwcasishc, dont remember

I tried both mod and script , i dont understand what Im missing.

Ollem, you got a test mission with hc support and script version to share please?

Seems that asrai is broken in stable branch !!!

How do you test HC? (I.e. If you use UPSMON to control AI make sure it's started at HC too)

Also, if you want the debug to work please use tpwcas_mode = 2 to test.

I'm just putting the same tpwcas/tpwcas_v2.hpp in HC, Server and clients userconfig folder. Debug mod = 2 & tpwcas_mode = 2;

The tpwcas.pbo is in an addon pack (it is correctly launched as it works when HC is out).

I then launch VTS mission beta 17 (18 still buggy without HC), and spawn a group of 8 units. When firing between them they don't react. When hitting one of them they're looking for the source (vanilla behaviour).

Without HC and the same test, IAs show debug balls, smokes and flags and are facing the player shooting as soon as a bullet fly toward them.

Yeah Lordprimate but it supports only dev branch not the stable one... Not possible to run a server in dev branch ... Too much problems to deal with ... I think we have to wait for the 31st...

There are some bugs with the init if the player is connected before mission launch!!! Really strange behaviour and I'm not sure it will be corrected for the release ...

Hc is broken in Xeno's Domination at the moment... For me, at least !

We gave it another shot on our dedicated server with this time MCC to spawn units.

MCC allows mission maker to spawn IAs either on headless or server. HC still doesn't care of tpwcas where server does...

We gave it another shot on our dedicated server with this time MCC to spawn units.

MCC allows mission maker to spawn IAs either on headless or server. HC still doesn't care of tpwcas where server does...

Are you with dev or stable branch on your server ?

Also, do you connect in admin before connecting the HC in the right slot?

I don't know why yet and how to avoid this behaviour, but when you connect a HC, it launches the mission !!!

I don't know why yet and how to avoid this behaviour, but when you connect a HC, it launches the mission !!!

We're using the stable branch (so no asr ai update for now), and yes, the HC keep launching the first mission launched by the server, no matter what you try to do to avoid this, you'll have to login as admin, go back to missions selection and attribute HC slot manually, otherwhise nothing works as expected ^^

We're using the stable branch (so no asr ai update for now), and yes, the HC keep launching the first mission launched by the server, no matter what you try to do to avoid this, you'll have to login as admin, go back to missions selection and attribute HC slot manually, otherwhise nothing works as expected ^^

Ok same undocumented behaviour :)

same behaviour for us for TPWCAS

For ASRAI : the last one is only DEV branch compatible.

For me : I wait the 31st to get the 1.06 stable and I hope ASRAI + tpwcas will work again without the HC first and second : WITH THE HC

The AI should be good enough with Vanilla : don't understand why we should use such mods to get a good gameplay !!! :)

how can I link the rpts from the HC and server ???

I think I managed to make it finally kind of work !!!

EDIT : Here are the logs Ollem and Lordprimate, arma is for the HC and armaserver for the dedicated server

http://www.atchoom.fr/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/rpt.rar

You can see some stuff working like the remote settings and debug balls but it seems the LOS script hangs a bit ...

Edited by gagi

Hardcore Insurgency running tpwcas and asrai3 in HC config : filter "atch"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gagi are you saying that it now works with HeadlessClient?

looking at your rpt i see the following.

1) "0 twpcas mode init check: tpwcas_mode = any - Server: [false] - MP: [true] - tpwcas_isHC: [true] - isNil tpwcas_mode: [any]"

2) "0 tpwcas_mode = 3 - Server: [false] - MP: [true] - config: [false] - isNil: []"

and ill exlpain:

line 1) Is the first real dia_log that shows what is found at mission startup. tpwcas_mode = any is not a good thing. its saying that at the start the HC has NO idea what mode the mission is running in. right?

line 2) here we see that the tpwcas_mode has finally be set. This is dedicated server mode. I see in this dia_log is that the -config value is [false]; if there is a config in the right and this value was set by default this should be here right?? And the end of the line -isNil [] should be [true] or [false] not just []... something is wrong in the HC check when it comes to dedicated servers, well, at least this is what i see. unless i am wrong.

Looking at your Server Rpt i see a few strange things as well. Looking at the tpwcas paramaters it looks like a whole different set of variables that the HC gets.. almost like the server is running a different version of the mod OR it is actually reading the config file and the HC is Not. Either way, if you compare the tpwcas paramaters from the HC to the Server you see deffinat variation. They should be the same...

this is from the HC (as per your discription)

"5.005 - TPWCAS_A3 v5.2 Initiated - tpwcas_mode: [3]"

"5.005 - [0,2,4,11] supported version of ASR_AI found"

"--- tpwcas parameters ---------------------------------------------------"

"5.157 TPWCAS Var: tpwcas_mode - [3]"

"5.157 TPWCAS Var: tpwcas_ir - [20]"

"5.157 TPWCAS Var: tpwcas_st - [7]"

"5.157 TPWCAS Var: tpwcas_bulletlife - [1.1]"

"5.157 TPWCAS Var: tpwcas_skillsup - [1]"

"5.157 TPWCAS Var: tpwcas_minskill - [0.15]"

"5.157 TPWCAS Var: tpwcas_reveal - [0]"

"5.157 TPWCAS Var: tpwcas_canflee - [0]"

"5.157 TPWCAS Var: tpwcas_getcover - [1]"

"5.157 TPWCAS Var: tpwcas_coverdist - [15]"

"5.157 TPWCAS Var: tpwcas_playershake - [0]"

"5.157 TPWCAS Var: tpwcas_playervis - [0]"

"5.157 TPWCAS Var: tpwcas_debug - [1]"

"-------------------------------------------------------------------------"

"5.674 - TPWCAS_A3 v5.2 mainloop started"

"5.674 - TPWCAS_A3 v5.2 Debug started"

"5.674 - TPWCAS_A3 v5.2 Active - tpwcas_mode: [3]"

and this is from your server (so says you)

"15.002 - TPWCAS_A3 v5.2 Initiated - tpwcas_mode: [3]"

"15.002 - [0,2,4,11] supported version of ASR_AI found"

"--- tpwcas parameters ---------------------------------------------------"

"20.995 TPWCAS Var: tpwcas_mode - [3]"

"20.995 TPWCAS Var: tpwcas_ir - [20]"

"20.995 TPWCAS Var: tpwcas_st - [6]"

"20.995 TPWCAS Var: tpwcas_bulletlife - [1.5]"

"20.995 TPWCAS Var: tpwcas_skillsup - [1]"

"20.995 TPWCAS Var: tpwcas_minskill - [0.1]"

"20.995 TPWCAS Var: tpwcas_reveal - [0]"

"20.995 TPWCAS Var: tpwcas_canflee - [0]"

"20.995 TPWCAS Var: tpwcas_getcover - [1]"