ollem

TPWCAS for A3 - AI Suppression System - suggestions/comments/ideas discussion

Auti, i see you are part of the alive war room... was this an alive mission? i dont get sutters if i just have this and ASRAI running but when i add ACE ACRE ALIVE, MCC to the mix i get some stuttering, mostely when units are spawned in, and in missions i downloaded not ones i made. my server is small though only 16 slots. also with my server being modded one day and vanilla the next i dont get much public traffic. so our server is not ever full.

i can imagine that this coupled with asrai and too many AI at one time may cause stuttering.. but again all my missions are taylored for my small group. so less ai usually then you would find on other servers. 

most of my "handmade" missions do perform quite well with no lag or stuttering. again though these are smaller missions. 

Auti, i see you are part of the alive war room... was this an alive mission? i dont get sutters if i just have this and ASRAI running but when i add ACE ACRE ALIVE, MCC to the mix i get some stuttering, mostely when units are spawned in, and in missions i downloaded not ones i made. my server is small though only 16 slots. also with my server being modded one day and vanilla the next i dont get much public traffic. so our server is not ever full.

i can imagine that this coupled with asrai and too many AI at one time may cause stuttering.. but again all my missions are taylored for my small group. so less ai usually then you would find on other servers. 

most of my "handmade" missions do perform quite well with no lag or stuttering. again though these are smaller missions. 

Yeah, that was my thought as well.

But I typically have the spawn distance at 1000+ meters so they shouldn't be spawning in during a firefight.

It was on Tanoa so that also could be it.

It's not "horrible" but it happens every now and then.  I'm like you in that I have a small but active group of 10-15 guys.  Most likely it's a combination of the mods like you said.  

I'd love to see Robalo incorporate the traits from this mod into ASR proper.  Really nice stuff.

Yes I'm aware of the new update but asr has been updated since the new release

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Yes I'm aware of the new update but asr has been updated since the new release

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

This is a forum thread, not every post is a reply to the post above it. The announcement Foxhound made has nothing to do with your question.

Yes, TPWCAS is compatible with ASR AI.

Glad to see you're still updating this :-)

Keep up the good work Lordprimate!

thanks dude. Good to see ya around.  I couldnt have done anything with out the original authors.!  :)

Where do I find the script version all I see is the addon version?

actually its in the mod... :) ill get to releasing a script version . but for now im sure, that if you decompile the mod. you will be able to put those folders inside your mission folder and there is a file called tpwcas_script_init.sqf ... or something like that. its obvious that its the file you call when your using the script version. you would call it like any other execvm "tpwcas/tpwcas/tpwcas_script_init.sqf"; 

so , long story short. the script version is currently Embedded into the Addon.. you can decompile to use it as a script. until i get to releaseing a proper one.

We just saw suppressed AI rolling into cover. That was awesome!

Sometimes suppressed units switch to the sitting stance, looks a bit odd... the other stance changes look great. Lordprimate, is the sitting stance intentional?

• Like 1

Hi,

This mod looks excellent. Will it work alongside VCOM_AI? This seems a bit more advanced.

and try to keep it up to date with ASR_AI3. 

Is it the general consensus then that ASR_AI3 and TPW_CAS work better together than they do apart?

Pardon me for asking, but doesn't ArmA III now have a suppression system? What is the need of this when compared to that?

Pardon me for asking, but doesn't ArmA III now have a suppression system? What is the need of this when compared to that?

Broadly speaking, I believe the Arma 3 variant one reduces performance attributes of the AI like its accuracy, where TPW physically drops the AI behind cover until incoming suppression subsides.

Broadly speaking, I believe the Arma 3 variant one reduces performance attributes of the AI like its accuracy, where TPW physically drops the AI behind cover until incoming suppression subsides.

Anfo's reply is pretty accurate but I think that Variable's is more detailed

In a nutshell, vanilla suppression only decreases the AI accuracy, TPWCAS makes them go crouch and prone and take cover.

I think that it would help many if the first post included a line about this, e.g. "TPW CAS improves Arma's in-built suppression (simply degrades AI accuracy) by causing AI to change stance (crouch or prone) or seek cover"

I noticed that OP (Ollem) has been offline for almost 4 weeks, so, provided everyone agrees on a good description, could a moderator add this to the first post?

Okay, so this still expands upon BI's base supression system.

I didn't know that. I actually thought this got obsolete when BI added suppression to their engine. I know it was great for ArmA II as there was no suppression system.

Would the embedded LOS still be worthwhile to use, or has ArmA III's AI improvements negated it?

Must be running the mod server and client ?

Only server side required for AI suppression.
  • Like 1

@jus61, I have in a way... but from what i saw tpwcas still worked just fine.. its just not going to work WITH vcom like it works WITH asrai. but it will still activate and run all its scripts as far as i can tell 

• Like 1

LOS works fine with VCOM, I prefer VCOM's suppression stuff, so I have TPW's distance ignores set so that it shouldn't kick on.

Hi, I'm playing this useful MOD with the latest ASR AI v1.0.0 and it gives me this error: Image error Probably can't read Unitsklill or something is corrupted?

• Like 1

On 2/9/2017 at 2:17 PM, alloc said:

Hi, I'm playing this useful MOD with the latest ASR AI v1.0.0 and it gives me this error: Image error Probably can't read Unitsklill or something is corrupted?

Hello, I have been seeing this and have been meaning to get to it. Ill look at it today. see what i can do. and if i cannot figure it out ill send a message to robalo and see if maybe he has a few moments to take a look. what kind of mission is this?

Is it an modded missiong. IE using MORE mods then just the three cba,asr,tpwcas.

is it an alive mission. 

does it happen ONLY at the beginning of the mission and NEVER More...

Does it happen in an Alive Mission when AI are spawning in OUT of your vision.

I usually get that error Only when New AI are introdused and spawned in. and their skill is being set. 

I have been meaning to just look into it and see if i get the error with ASRAI and NO tpwcas. IF so then its an ASRAI problem.

However, I have been seeing this as well and with your nudge ill be looking into it now. So, Thanks :)

On 4/1/2017 at 6:24 AM, domokun said:

@ollem Any chance you could upload this to SW?

Cheers

I know this wasn't directed at me since i have pretty much taken over updating this mod ill go ahead and respond with what i have been thinking about because, I have been thinking about this lately.. and I do want to put it on steam workshop. However, since i want to make sure this brief undefind variable is what i think it is and everything still works ill move foreward. so, Ill look into fixing the error and then work on the SW side of things. I think the error is just because tpwcas is calling an ASRAI function. outside of that i think tpwcas still adjust skills just fine. Its just calling the asrai function on a brand new unit.. when asrai has not had time to creat the variable for it. I could be wrong, but i think asrai polls the map every couple seconds for new units. again i could be wrong but i think he has some function that does that for new units that are spawned with via script or zeus. basically anything not editor placed.

On 10/26/2016 at 2:24 AM, Variable said:

Sometimes suppressed units switch to the sitting stance, looks a bit odd... the other stance changes look great. Lordprimate, is the sitting stance intentional?

Sorry I did Not get to this earlier. However, I did NOT add a Sitting animation. if your getting AI that actuly cross their legs and SIT this is not because of TPWCAS. I know that ASRAI (Robalo) added AI falling when they are hit on occasion. However, they do not go into a sitting anim.

when you say Sitting stance. you literally mean they cross their legs and sit? because i know that was a thing in ARMA 2 using SLX. when you got hit there was a chance of getting knocked on your ass ... quite literally.

But again i know that is not a part of tpwcas. i was just say'n.

Thank you all for your continued interest in this mod. I think its great. All credits go to Ollem, Fabrizio_T , TPW, and -Coulum-. Im just a guy.

• Like 2