ollem

TPWCAS for A3 - AI Suppression System - suggestions/comments/ideas discussion

yea, you guys this is a features of suppression if you are shooting there is a random chance thell jump or do different animations as if they are reacting to your fire. this has been embedded for over a year now. all that means is its working properly. :)

i have to be honest some times when i get shot at i will fall strait prone or to the side depending on where i am. I could see to remove that one animation but ill wait for ollem to chime in here. 

yea, you guys this is a features of suppression if you are shooting there is a random chance thell jump or do different animations as if they are reacting to your fire. this has been embedded for over a year now. all that means is its working properly. :)

i have to be honest some times when i get shot at i will fall strait prone or to the side depending on where i am. I could see to remove that one animation but ill wait for ollem to chime in here. 

Thanks for the reply Lordprimate! That's reassuring. I actually liked the side prone, but I'd suggest to trigger it from getting hit, and not merely from being suppressed. However, about the jump - is it really intentional? Why would anyone jump when under fire? :)

Just noticed your post: I haven't been around here for quite some time.

Feel free to update/fix!

If just the jumping could be removed, that would be great. All the players on our server perceive this as a bug...

If you guys need any testing, let me know!

Hey Ollem, do you still work on it? I have a question about using tpwcas with upsmon, is there a compatibility between those? :)

Thx!

Hey Ollem, do you still work on it? I have a question about using tpwcas with upsmon, is there a compatibility between those? :)

Thx!

it should work just fine. are you getting errors?

Hey everyone, I got a wild hair yesterday, and i updated TPWCAS. tpwcas has NOT been working correctly with ASR_AI3 i dont know when these variables were changed i didnt pay close enough attention to the development of ASR_AI3

Changes version 5.5.1
- Update to ASR_AI classnames "asr_ai3_sysaiskill_fnc_setUnitSkill" is now "asr_ai3_main_fnc_setUnitSkill" should now work properly/ and in conjunction with ASR_AI3 again.
- Updated check for ASR_AI3 running. Using "asr_ai3_main" as "asr_ai3_danger" was removed from ASR_AI3. Again now tpwcas will now check if ASR_AI is running and work together appropriately.
- Removed a few animations "Bunnyhop","L/R sideProne"
- ReWrote evasive maneuver. Script check's to see the stance of the unit suppressed, and the weapon (pistol / rifle), and weather or not its raised or lowered. (If the unit is holding a pistol and has it is lowered they will get a animation with a lowered pistol for smooth animation interpolation)
- Removed One Behavior change, "Stealth" mode call was removed.

Ill post the files tonight after work and some more testing on my server
  • Like 5

Omg legend.

What mod would you suggest to get the ai to Actually assault your position not just sit back and try snipe you ??

Or does asr do that??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hey everyone, I got a wild hair yesterday, and i updated TPWCAS. tpwcas has NOT been working correctly with ASR_AI3 i dont know when these variables were changed i didnt pay close enough attention to the development of ASR_AI3

Changes version 5.5.1
- Update to ASR_AI classnames "asr_ai3_sysaiskill_fnc_setUnitSkill" is now "asr_ai3_main_fnc_setUnitSkill" should now work properly/ and in conjunction with ASR_AI3 again.
- Updated check for ASR_AI3 running. Using "asr_ai3_main" as "asr_ai3_danger" was removed from ASR_AI3. Again now tpwcas will now check if ASR_AI is running and work together appropriately.
- ReWrote evasive maneuver. Script check's to see the stance of the unit suppressed, and the weapon (pistol / rifle), and weather or not its raised or lowered. (If the unit is holding a pistol and has it is lowered they will get a animation with a lowered pistol for smooth animation interpolation)

Lordprimate, thanks for keeping this great mod alive!

Oh wow, first significant update since 5.5 (when was that again? :P)

With CBA and TPWCAS and Mode 3 Module running, I get this when playing an Eden scenario in VR

[]: 'bin\config.bin/cfgpatches/tpwcas/' not an array

Anything to worry about?

edit: I may as well ask this while I'm here. To other TPWCAS users on dedicated servers, what are your set ups? Do you use script or server/client mod? Which Eden modules do you use? Any other tips/tricks to get TPWCAS working at its best? Thanks!

Anfo, i have no idea how to track that down ill try though.. 

as for the update .. im pretty pleased with the results of my minor updates. just checking rpt's for new errors.. and anything that i can fix... if any.. 

outside of that what is holding the update back... Binarization... I would like to binarize @tpwcas . im getting this error... :

Build Failed. fesult code=1

CfgConvert taks failed.

Include file userconfig\tpwcas\tpwcas_v2.hpp not found.

Error reading config file C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma3\@tpwcas_a3\addons\tpwcas\tpwcas\config.cpp

when i comment out this code in the config.cpp:

class tpwcas_key_setting
{
#include "\userconfig\tpwcas\tpwcas_v2.hpp"};

it seems to work but then your userconfig is not being looked at... any help here would be greatly appreciated...

if anyone is interested in helping me get rid of the userconfig and replace it with a in game menu that would be great... 

and should i start a new thread in the COMPLETED section.. because this mod is pretty much good to go...

This is a really nice addition to ASR AI.

I've been testing it the last few days in deciding whether or not to add it to our group's modset.

Very impressive stuff.  You mention an update coming...new featues or just bug fixes?  

Nice work on this.

oh yea credit is defiantly not on my end im just an embASSador.. i did add my self to the authors list. but all i have done is use the BIS optimization page to help with performance and try to keep it up to date with ASR_AI3. 

but yea ok here you go guys test it out let me know what you think ... im not seeing any errors in my tests but there were not super extensive... 

so with out further delay i give you @TPWCAS_A3 v 5.5.1 https://www.mediafire.com/file/5xreuxms0b25kjk/%40tpwcas_a3_5_5_1.7z

Changes version 5.5.1
- Update to ASR_AI classnames "asr_ai3_sysaiskill_fnc_setUnitSkill" is now "asr_ai3_main_fnc_setUnitSkill" should now work properly/ and in conjuction with ASR_AI3 again.
- Updated check for ASR_AI3 running. Using "asr_ai3_main" as "asr_ai3_danger" was removed from ASR_AI3. Again now tpwcas will now ASR_AI is running and work together appropriatly.
- ReWrote evasive manuver. Script check's to see the stance of the unit supressed, and the weapon (pistol / rifle), and weather or not its raised or lowerd. (If the unit is holding a pistol and has it lowered they will get a animation with a lowerd pistol for smooth animation interpolation)
- Added Prone Roll if being supressed by multipule bullets And are already Prone And are in the open.. Hopefully AI will only roll when Line of Site is clear to the shooter (Out of Cover).
- Added check to see if unit is in cover before performing evasive manouver. (So they dont jump out from cover) 
- Updated Rabolo's object filter for cover positions.
- Added nearestTerrainObjects search based off of ASRAI3's filter, added a few perameters just to make sure they do not use bushes and a few other things that are not good for cover. ( when did they add this)
- Reintroduced CBA_fnc_addPerFrameHandler for single player. see how that goes?
- Minor code optimizations (replaced nearestObjects with nearEntities, reduced some probabilities)
- KNOWN ISSUES IN RPT: 1) DEBUG SPHERE HAS NO SOME MISSING CONFIG STUFF?? so just dont use debugging for your main missions and youll be ok! 
                       2) Sometimes when a AI dies or Person dies tpwcas throws a small error while it removes the entity from its list.. error goes away this happend before, as well, if i remember correctly.
      3) ??
  • Like 2

@anfo, i did look into that error you posted, i did not get it .... I went in to VR, placed the module, and well no pop up and nothing in the .rpt. 

the first thing i want to point out is that it may be throwing the error because that is for Dedicated server use only, used to disable ai on ai supression. it only allows player on ai supression. so if your in the eden editor and placing that module its not being used its being overridden from my tests. i didnt test in in vr on my server though ill try that later.

it seems to work but then your userconfig is not being looked at... any help here would be greatly appreciated...

If it includes any external files like this, you cannot binarize it. Binarization depends on the entirety of the config to be fixed. It doesn't work if you include an external file. You could probably, with a few tricks, get it to binarize, but then it would not read the external file anymore but use your hardcoded values.

So I'm afraid binaization in this case is not an option.

We'll install the mod on a dedicated server, and I'll let you know if we encounter any problems. Thanks!

While I don't wish to sound sarcastic but since BI developed a suppression system a few months back, what use is this?

Is it more efficient? i.e. less demanding

More realistic?

More flexible?

In a nutshell, vanilla suppression only decreases the AI accuracy, TPWCAS makes them go crouch and prone and take cover.

• Like 2

In a nutshell, vanilla suppression only decreases the AI accuracy, TPWCAS makes them go crouch and prone and take cover.

OK so wouldn't it be better to develop a mod that upgrades vanilla suppression?

Because IIRC this mod in A2 was awesome but pretty resource intensive too.

Finally, do frag grenades and/or flashbangs also decrease AI accuracy?

Domokun, you are welcome To test the mod.. please download and test it before you post any more questions because most of your questions can be answered pretty quickly that way. your last question can be answered by testing it.   :) All the information on how flexable and what this mod does is in the link in the OP. 

As you stated you remember tpwcas from arma 2 . and since the OP states this is a port over its safe to say that the information contained in the arma 2 thread largely pertains to the ARMA 3 version. but again as stated in the OP. since arma 3 is a different animal some things have changed... and there are many change logs listed in the mod itself... so again please simpley DOWNLOAD the mod..... you will see how much more or less this mod does then the default suppression which in my mind is on par with most vainilla aspects of the game... Fair but not adequate for my tastes.. if you download it you can see all the variables you have access to, to tailor the mod to your tastes.... so again please download the mod and test it out... 

• Like 2

So I put this on our dedicated server this week.  Thought I would give some feedback.

-Very nice additions.  Love the fact that the AI will really run for cover and get down when under fire in a very realistic "I'm gonna die" fashion.

-One issue we have had is when we added this mod, some folks, including myself, started experiencing some "hiccuping", stuttering frames.  Anyone else experience this?

Great stuff besides that!