ollem

TPWCAS for A3 - AI Suppression System - suggestions/comments/ideas discussion

Due to personal circumstances I'm taking a break from ArmA scripting - so no current development going on - but I'm planning to return and pick up the pace some time in the near future®

Due to personal circumstances I'm taking a break from ArmA scripting

Good luck and thanks for telling us!

Edited by tortuosit
funny typo

I remember that the RPT used to include some data on TPWCAS loading properly. I don't see it now. Was that removed?

I remember that the RPT used to include some data on TPWCAS loading properly. I don't see it now. Was that removed?

Still in there for us...

Server side/HC only obviously

16:07:17 "11.877 - TPWCAS_A3 v5.5 Mainloop started"
16:07:17 "11.877 - TPWCAS_A3 v5.5 Active - tpwcas_mode: [2]"

Still in there for us...

Server side/HC only obviously

16:07:17 "11.877 - TPWCAS_A3 v5.5 Mainloop started"
16:07:17 "11.877 - TPWCAS_A3 v5.5 Active - tpwcas_mode: [2]"

I don't get this... The addon is indeed loaded because it's there on the loaded addons list:

12:14:28 ==== Loaded addons ====
12:14:28 D:\CiA\A3\A3ServerNo1\@tpwcas_a3\addons\tpwcas.pbo - unknown

But I don't get the initialization message you are getting. I checked and everything setup wise seems to be in order, the command line, the folder names and structures and the userconfig... I'm really confused.

Thanks serjames, apparently, the web access we have to our RPT has cut the report in the middle, that's why I couldn't saw it... :) When I downloaded the RPT manually from the server, it was there. Sorry 'bout that.

Hi people: I'm seeing this in readme:

Installation:

-------------

TPWCAS comes as a script version and an addon version.

CBA (community base addons) is required for both versions.

As I want my mission totally addon free, even CBA, and I remember this wasn't a must in older versions which worked perfectly, can someone confirm or tell / send an older addon free version?

Thanks in advance.

Hi !

Are you back into scripting ?

With 1.40, BIS introduced AI passing bullets detection :

Added: New danger cause (dcbulletClose) to danger.fsm (notes in AI Changelog)

Changed: AI detection distance of bullet hit/fly-by & grenade explosion

Added: Detection of bullets flying close to unit

Could be very usefull for your script, am I wrong ?

Unfortunately not back yet :-(

However it is indeed an interesting new feature which in the end might finally make twpcas obsolete :-)

(Since the bullet detection feature seems to be build in danger.fsm this quite likely would make ASR_AI the better mod to expand suppression features based on this feature)

Unfortunately not back yet :-(

However it is indeed an interesting new feature which in the end might finally make twpcas obsolete :-)

(Since the bullet detection feature seems to be build in danger.fsm this quite likely would make ASR_AI the better mod to expand suppression features based on this feature)

Thanks a lot for your answer, I will talk about it to Robalo.

Do you think it is a bad idea to continue using TPWCAS until then (because of possible conflicts with BIS's bullet detection) ?

Do you think it is a bad idea to continue using TPWCAS until then (because of possible conflicts with BIS's bullet detection) ?

I was wondering the same thing myself.

Good question. I believe the BIS bullet detection is only putting AI in combat mode right now.

So does TPWCAS, but TPWCAS does more.

I *expect* tpwcas not to conflict, but the added value of tpwcas might be limited compared to vanilla A3 (which would be good progress!!!).

So call to all of you: please share your experience with versus without here...

One thing I miss since I stopped using TPWCAS is the missing suppression effects for the player. Even if Marksmen included the penalties for the AI, I would love to see you release the effects for the player as a standalone mod.

Laxeman released a mod that does just this

I am using his mod, and though it's really good, I liked this one more.

Since TPWCAS forces stance change, and vanilla suppression does not (except from the inherent stance changes in combat mode) I'm sticking with TPWCAS!!!

I've taken quite some 'ArmA-Break time' but after just looking at the new built-in vanilla suppression details I do have some ideas to improve tpwcas to have it working much better together with the built in suppression.

Before you start wondering or even dare to ask at the risk of being banned: It may take up to a few months - not sure yet when I will really pick up the pace again.

I will report back here when there is something worth to share.

That's good news Ollem! I'll be happy to consult, as always.

Anybody having issues with a dedi and the script version? In the 2D editor and subsequently the preview, the hint and debug works. But load the mission to a dedi, then no hint and no debug? It's like the dedi is not initialising TPWCAS for some reason.

edit:

mode 2 initialises ok on dedi, i.e.:

null = [2] execvm "f\tpwcas\tpwcas_script_init.sqf";

But does not debug

mode 3 does not initialise on dedi:

null = [3] execvm "f\tpwcas\tpwcas_script_init.sqf";

Thought changing sleep to 30 seconds might help.

Only mention out of rpt is:

23:22:18 "0.573 twpcas mode init check: tpwcas_mode = 3 - Server: [false] - MP: [true] - tpwcas_isHC: [false] - isNil tpwcas_mode: [false]"

23:22:18 "0.573 disable tpwcas client mode: detected value for tpwcas_mode = 3"

Edited by anfo

It's been a while for me too :o but I think you need to set the path to "tpwcas" in stead of "f\tpwcas".

So do not put tpwcas in subdir of your mission but in the root folder.

Hope that helps.

The rpt part you are showing: is that on client or on server?

If this is on your game pc it works as designed and we would need to have a look at the server rpt.

If this is the server rpt there is definitely something wrong while the server is not recognized as server by tpwcas...

'tpwcas_mode = 3' will disable all client side tpwcas scripting so don't expect to see any hints or debug messages on your game pc.....

Edited by Ollem

It's been a while for me too :o but I think you need to set the path to "tpwcas" in stead of "f\tpwcas".

All good thinking material, thanks!

The f path you see is because we use parts of the F3 Framework and place tpwcas and other script folders into an "f" folder in the root of the mission folder. All paths that we could find in sqf files have been modified to suit. However I might try tpwcas out of this folder and see if it makes a difference.

The rpt part you are showing: is that on client or on server?

Client, so I will examine the server rpt instead.

I think this mod causes AI to jump sometimes when under fire. I'm not personally using this mod, but the group I sometimes play with use it, and it only happens when I play with them.
We have similar modsets, though I don't use TPW and ASR_AI. From the short test, ASR AI doesn't seem to cause this.

Yeah, AI sometimes jump when under fire and sometimes also side-prone. Ollem, is there any chance you could look into it? TPWCAS is still an essential part of our community's Arma experience.