ollem

TPWCAS for A3 - AI Suppression System - suggestions/comments/ideas discussion

How do you get the latest script version working? As the instructions are seriously vague, could someone just give me a straight forward "Do exactly this". That would be awesome.

My mission init: null = [<tpwcas_mode = 2>] execvm "tpwcas\tpwcas_script_init.sqf"

Edited by LtArtorious

To get it to work, please change it to:

null = [2] execvm "tpwcas\tpwcas_script_init.sqf";

Assuming you've put all scripts in tpwcas subdirectory of your mission directory and make sure you add ";" at the end of the line.

Is there going to be an updated version where the los error is fixed? I could do it on my own but I'm not in the mood since I have my had filled up with other Arma projects.

I have applied the changes proposed above. going to test and send to Ollem for packaging.. hopefully he can sign it and kick out an update soon...

I have applied the changes proposed above. going to test and send to Ollem for packaging.. hopefully he can sign it and kick out an update soon...

Also a kind reminder to look into disabling stealth command to participating player group (whether commanded by the player, or not) :) Thanks!

first of all thanks a lot for this great mod, exactly what we wanted...

just one question, when debugging the balls do not change colour. only the red ball appears no matter what the threshold of bullets is. as soon as a few shots go past AI a red ball appears.

is it a problem with the mod or is something wrong on our end?

running dedicated with mode 3 enabled + ASR AI

edit - I can tell that they are going through to stages correctly (a few shots = crouch, go over our threshold of 20 shots = go prone) but its just the colours not working

Thanks

Edited by Azer1234

Sure! Thanks

---------- Post added at 06:51 ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 ----------

Also a kind reminder to look into disabling stealth command to participating player group (whether commanded by the player, or not) :) Thanks!

There is already a check if the leader of the group is a player.

There isn't a check to see if there are any players in the group.

There is already a check if the leader of the group is a player.

There isn't a check to see if there are any players in the group.

Thanks Ollem, have you decided not to add a check to see if there's a player in the group? A lot of scenarios have you, as player, lead by an AI leader. In the thick of the firefight, it gets really strange when they start whispering instead of yelling.

I want debug mode on, i set hint1, debug1, sleep 10 (is seconds or minutes?), tpwcas_mode = 3 (its only running as a mod on the server), is this possible to get balls over ai to see if its working?

Just to make sure - skill reduction for suppressed units should work for AI firing from vehicles?

Check if player is in group not just leader. and the Los Changes

I have this running on my dedicated and i test with showscript errors. And i havent seen any related to tpwcas but i have been busy and could have overlooked

Check if player is in group not just leader. and the Los Changes

This is great! Thanks a lot.

Test Version Signed by me for testing, With changes listed above

https://www.mediafire.com/?054hhdo6riphah5

Thanks!

If feedback here is positive I will release a signed version.

---------- Post added at 20:45 ---------- Previous post was at 20:44 ----------

Just to make sure - skill reduction for suppressed units should work for AI firing from vehicles?

Yes, that should work

I want debug mode on, i set hint1, debug1, sleep 10 (is seconds or minutes?), tpwcas_mode = 3 (its only running as a mod on the server), is this possible to get balls over ai to see if its working?

Someone an idea what im doing wrong? I dont see the color bubbles above ai, so i think its not active.

Hard to tell like this - at tpwcas_mode = 3 you won't see color changes for sure.

(which reminds me to take a look at that while I believe there is a new Arma 3 script command which may actually take care of that also for tpwcas_mode = 3)

2 suggestions here:

- try with tpwcas_mode = 2 to see if it does work for you then

- take a look at the arma3 log file for possible hints what might be wrong (On Win7 in C:\Users\<your windows user name>\AppData\Local\Arma 3 )

RPT report

This is spamming my RPT:

Error in expression <lect 1; 
_type = _this select 6; 

if ( _type == 0 ) then 
{
_shooterside = side>
 Error position: <_type == 0 ) then 
{
_shooterside = side>
 Error Undefined variable in expression: _type
File tpwcas\tpwcas_supstate.sqf, line 17

Hello Ollem,

are you still working on tpwcas? Any plans to improve it? I got some ideas, one thing I'm missing in Arma 3 is that AI are not covering themself when they're under fire. Some supressing animations would be really nice, eg. -

I'm still around but haven't been able to work on tpwcas (and other ArmA stuff) for a while now.

However, I do hope to pick up ArmA scripting soon again.

About the animation idea: that could be an idea, but it probably would interfere with a status change animation (e.g. going prone or crouched).

I will put it on the todo list to investigate.

Hello Ollem,

are you still working on tpwcas? Any plans to improve it? I got some ideas, one thing I'm missing in Arma 3 is that AI are not covering themself when they're under fire. Some supressing animations would be really nice, eg. -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDs-46x3iPA

I feel this would be pointless to implement. For one, this is one single animation and if would look very weird to see 8 different AI play the same animation because rounds fly over their head. Secondly, imagine they are seasoned soldiers. Unless its the first contact on a patrol, they're probably not going to forget how to be soldiers first and return fire. The only way that animations would be even halfway decent is if there were 10-15 different mocap'd animations for various ducking and upper torso 'scrunching' when being fired at. Otherwise it would just look awful.

I feel this would be pointless to implement. For one, this is one single animation and if would look very weird to see 8 different AI play the same animation because rounds fly over their head. Secondly, imagine they are seasoned soldiers. Unless its the first contact on a patrol, they're probably not going to forget how to be soldiers first and return fire. The only way that animations would be even halfway decent is if there were 10-15 different mocap'd animations for various ducking and upper torso 'scrunching' when being fired at. Otherwise it would just look awful.

I agree with Jolly.

I agree with Jolly.
and I agree with both of you.

There should and never will be a single forced animation for suppression in TPWCAS.

With investigation I meant to see if it would be feasible to add some different random suppression animation options.

Dont asking for ETA but wanted to ask how is new version development coming? Will we see some new features etc?

Regards