ollem

TPWCAS for A3 - AI Suppression System - suggestions/comments/ideas discussion

Ok But it´s not release for A3, that´s why was posting here.

gagi, i know you want to help. So, you need to post your findings in the ASR_AI thread for Arma 2 here:ASR_AI

done,

thx

Hello,

one guy told me that when run on HC and dedicated : this mod is running on both.

Is it true?

is it possible to replace CBA with BIS integrated commands?

Thanks

It's right the mod is running on both server and HC in case of tpwcas_mode = 3.

(in case of tpwcas_mode = 2 it will run by default on all systems, including server and HC)

It needs to run on both while in case of tpwcas_mode = 3 only AI local to the system will be monitored.

So if AI si spawned at the HC, tpwcas needs to be active at the HC to be able to monitor those AI.

In case of mod usage with tpwcas_mode = 3, please make sure the mod is active on both server and HC.

About CBA:

Most CBA calls are already replaced by BIS commands.

For SP the 'CBA per frame Eventhandler' is still used, but I could consider to use the MP code for that too.

I just noticed I missed one CBA call in the civilian 'run for it' code.

I will change these for next release and then CBA is no longer a requirement at all.

Edited by Ollem

It's right the mod is running on both server and HC in case of tpwcas_mode = 3.

(in case of tpwcas_mode = 2 it will run by default on all systems, including server and HC)

It needs to run on both while in case of tpwcas_mode = 3 only AI local to the system will be monitored.

So if AI si spawned at the HC, tpwcas needs to be active at the HC to be able to monitor those AI.

In case of mod usage with tpwcas_mode = 3, please make sure the mod is active on both server and HC.

About CBA:

Most CBA calls are already replaced by BIS commands.

For SP the 'CBA per frame Eventhandler' is still used, but I could consider to use the MP code for that too.

I just noticed I missed one CBA call in the civilian 'run for it' code.

I will change these for next release and then CBA is no longer a requirement at all.

Fast answer !!!

Thanks Ollem !!!

//RESET UNIT STANCE

_stance = _unit getvariable ["tpwcas_stance", -1];

if (_stance in ["middle","down"]) then

{

_unit setunitpos "auto";

_unit setvariable ["tpwcas_stance", "auto"];

};

Edited:

//RESET UNIT STANCE

_stance = _unit getvariable ["tpwcas_stance", -1];

if (_stance in ["down"]) then

{

_unit setunitpos "middle";

_unit setvariable ["tpwcas_stance", "middle"];

};

if (_stance in ["middle"]) then

{

_unit setunitpos "up";

_unit setvariable ["tpwcas_stance", "up"];

};

It has been mentioned before that the AI won't stand back up when in a building, the work around posted worked, but now the script has been amended, I can't for the life of me figure how to get AI in buildings to again be suppressed and stand back up and fire. Any suggestions?

//RESET UNIT STANCE

if ( (_unit getVariable ["tpwcas_stance", -1]) in ["Middle","Down"]) then

{

_unit setUnitPos "auto";

// workaround to bypass AI getting stuck in lowering/raising weapon mode

// often occurs when moving from setUnitPos "Middle" to setUnitPos "Auto" again

if ( _unit getVariable ["tpwcas_stance", "Auto"] == "Middle" ) then

{

_unit playMoveNow "AmovPercMevaSrasWrflDf_AmovPknlMstpSrasWrflDnon";

};

_unit setVariable ["tpwcas_stance", "auto"];

The red text is the old text, black was modded to get the AI to stand back up and the blue is the new, but the AI again won't stand back up.

I will put on my todo list to see if I can add a check if an AI unit is in a building and if so he should stand up in stead of staying prone after recovering from suppression.

Any idea when the next iteration will be released? As this MOD rocks, it completely changes firefights.

Thanks for this neat mod. I've noticed that - with TPWCAS set to 3 and nothing else touched - I get a dimming of the screen and a slight head-bobbing when a lot of rounds are incoming. I figure this is some sort of suppression effect applied to the player? It seems to be the same effect regardless of what I tweak init.sqf (which is set to --> null = [3] execVM "tpwcas\tpwcas_script_init.sqf"; )

Thanks for this neat mod. I've noticed that - with TPWCAS set to 3 and nothing else touched - I get a dimming of the screen and a slight head-bobbing when a lot of rounds are incoming. I figure this is some sort of suppression effect applied to the player? It seems to be the same effect regardless of what I tweak init.sqf (which is set to --> null = [3] execVM "tpwcas\tpwcas_script_init.sqf"; )

Is this MultiPlayer or SinglePlayer?

Is this MultiPlayer or SinglePlayer?

Multiplayer on a self-hosted server. I am building a template for MCC and co-op missions.

Edit: And it never happened again after I tested love with players. Odd.

Edited by TinyPirate

I have a question. On a Server, does everybody needs the mod or only the Server itself?

I have a question. On a Server, does everybody needs the mod or only the Server itself?

Only the server.

Just be aware that in missions where AI are spawned local to the player (ie: in their own squad or CQB guys in ALiVE), TPWCAS will have no affect on them unless the player is also running TPWCAS

So if I use ALiVE everybody who plays on the server should have the Mod?

Rgr...^^

Thanks for the very fast answer!

Just be aware that in missions where AI are spawned local to the player (ie: in their own squad or CQB guys in ALiVE), TPWCAS will have no affect on them unless the player is also running TPWCAS

This complicates things a lot.

I imagine CQB module affects other mods also as ASR_AI3/bcombat .

Very bad news imo

It doesn't 'affect' the other mods but any AI spawned by the client will not be affected by server-side AI mods.

Hi Ollem, can you give us an update on the status of TPWCAS? Afaik the last version is still WIP 15-11-13 correct?

Hi Ollem, can you give us an update on the status of TPWCAS? Afaik the last version is still WIP 15-11-13 correct?

Yep, that is still the latest version and the very same version flawlessly works for us with around 30 players every week (tpwcas_mode = 2)

That reminds me it's about time to formally release it as a mod I guess :-)

But before I do so I will double check if something should be changed to keep in line with the recently released A3 ASR_AI

I think the only problem with it is on SP you get suppressed by your closeby teammates fire of AT and rifle nades.

Ollem,

Really like your work on this mod,also Lord Primate.

My question is, I`m running a Dedicated Server, and joining as Client on the same PC. So, in the mission editor Do I add Embedd Los Enable, Find Cover Enable, TpwCas Dedicated Server Module/No Client/TpwCas mode=enable3, so that for Clients connecting to the Server,along with myself this will work correctly?

Have read the whole thread but a little confused as to how to get this to work in my situation.

Thank you for any help you can give !

Modules are only there in order to overrule the config file settings.

Please check the readme and accordingly put the right values in the config file.

I think in your case you would only need to enable the embedded LOS and set twpcas_mode to 3

Looking forward to put this in our "official" mod list as soon as its released :)