ollem

TPWCAS for A3 - AI Suppression System - suggestions/comments/ideas discussion

I believe that it is only the debugging that is affected. I "think" the rest of the mod works ok (havent checked HC).

Thanks for your update, good to see that you keep on fighting :)

Could you please package the latest version, I'll test it on a dedicated server with HC asap !

im pretty sure it only affects debugging as the debuging works fine in SP. im going to go just a couple more tests. and ill post it up tonight

im pretty sure it only affects debugging as the debuging works fine in SP. im going to go just a couple more tests. and ill post it up tonight

:) great

with new tunings ?

OK here it is. As stated earlier debugging ON dedicated servers seems to be buggy(smoke doesnt work, and debug balls all turn red immediatly instead of going from yellow to red, or green..) I dont know if i F'd something up or if its on the game.. but either way it works normal in SP, debugging is just wonky on servers.

@tpwcas Arma 3 test v2.62 : ARma 3 @tpwcas_v2.62

a lil bit of tweaking. trying to get better filtering of cover objects. i am of the impression that we may have been using Length instead of Width of each object to filter out suitable objects. we were looking at y, when y=length, x is width. (reference a picture in BIS wiki of scripting command BoundingBox.)

I have been noticing alot of syntax errors(if that the right word) some script commands are not proplerly capalilized, etc. just random code cleanup. Most work was tweaking the object filter, and trying to troubleshoot the debug issue.

Edited by Lordprimate

Could anyone confirm that this works on a dedi? Would be awesome for coop missions.

Done. It works on dedi no problem except the debug, suppression does work. The ia never shoot smoke grenades but that´s probably asr_ai3 related.

No clue why, perhaps you have to force smoke grenades in the ia inventory? No clue about asr_ai radionet too...

Tests where done on stable branch with latest asr_ai3, no hc (will test hc tonight).

Thanks Lordprimate

I was wondering, since the config file recommends setting the search cover max distance to 5-12 meters, why is the default on 30?

// 18 AI SEARCH COVER MAX DISTANCE (M). RECOMMENDED TO KEEP LOW NUMBER (5 to 12)
tpwcas_coverdist = 30;

Lordprimate, thanks for working on this.

I was wondering, since the config file recommends setting the search cover max distance to 5-12 meters, why is the default on 30?

// 18 AI SEARCH COVER MAX DISTANCE (M). RECOMMENDED TO KEEP LOW NUMBER (5 to 12)
tpwcas_coverdist = 30;

Lordprimate, thanks for working on this.

mostly just to give them that extra distance to look for good cover... Also right now i am trying to filter out certain objects that don't necessarily have a classname.. so 30m gets a good list of objects. And i can, with more certainty, know if my filters are working.. By all means if you feel its causing performance issues on your PC change it. However, for me i dont notice any hit in FPS with the difference of 15m.

Its certainly not set it stone.

This might be outside the scope of this mod, but there's something I'd really like to see the AI do, well 3 things regarding buildings:

- if suppressed, move into shooting positions inside the buildings

- if suppressed, move "behind" the building

- get AI to preferentially use buildings for pathing when in stealth mode and make interiors pathed in combat mode as well. If AI would just use the cities when in them other than walking down the streets like so many fish in a barrel, it would be a totally different game in MOUT situations.

Edited by DNK

@tpwcas Arma 3 test v2.62 : ARma 3 @tpwcas_v2.62

Hi there, I gave it a shot on a dedi + HC with mode 2, it still doesn't work with this configuration, but works fine without HC ;)

Any other idea to improve that part of the addon ?

Thanks for your work !

The debug wasn't working or the behaviour?

Send rpt from dedi&hc please

The debug wasn't working or the behaviour?

Send rpt from dedi&hc please

The behaviour, I begin to know what AI should do when fired, and with HC the mod is just not functionning. I didn't test debug because other clients were presents and I didn't want to disturb :)

I'll post RPT asap.

Update to what I said yesterday, IA behaviour is good with HC on dedi, BUT they wait to get one bullet ON THEM before moving and find cover. Is this the standard tpwcas behaviour ?

I don't thinks it was working yesterday, but today with a new version of the VTS mission, this is what I get.

And here are the logs :

server : http://www.mediafire.com/download/924u75i42814s2c/arma3server_2013-11-11_09-00-37.rpt

hc : http://www.mediafire.com/download/ztql5jwx8v8out7/arma3_2013-11-11_09-00-39.rpt

and mine client side contained that about tpwcas :

"0 twpcas mode init check: Server: [false] - MP: [true] - tpwcas_isHC: [false] - isNil tpwcas_mode: [true]"
"0 waiting for twpcas client mode variable set by server"
"JayArmA2Lib: ACTIVE"
c:\w\c_branch\poseidon\futura_stable\lib\ui\uimap.cpp DisplayGetReady::Destroy:NOT IMPLEMENTED - briefing!
"############################# co166_vts40_A3_beta21 #############################"
Fresnel n must be >0, given n=0,k=10
Fresnel k must be >0, given n=2.51,k=0
"15.149 twpcas client mode set to tpwcas_mode: [2]"
"15.149 enabled tpwcas client mode: tpwcas_mode = 2"
"20.202 - TPWCAS_A3 v5.2 Initiated - tpwcas_mode: [2]"
"20.756 - TPWCAS_A3 v5.2 Mainloop started"
"20.756 - TPWCAS_A3 v5.2 Active - tpwcas_mode: [2]"

I got nearly same logs

Are the AI spawned on the hc?

I got nearly same logs

Are the AI spawned on the hc?

Woohoo, short answer : Yes Sir !

hopefully ollem will have a chance to look at my upload and see what he can find out about the debug stuff.. And about the HC... DAMMIT!!!!! is all i got.

I cant test it so you all are my eyes and ears.

but i just dont understand how the script version is working with the headless client, but the mod version is not..

Well, it's not "not working", their bullets suppress me, and they move with correct behaviour, but only after beeing directly hit

and without HC they don't have this "don't move before takin one" behaviour ?

Update to what I said yesterday, IA behaviour is good with HC on dedi, BUT they wait to get one bullet ON THEM before moving and find cover. Is this the standard tpwcas behaviour ?

I don't thinks it was working yesterday, but today with a new version of the VTS mission, this is what I get.

And here are the logs :

server : http://www.mediafire.com/download/924u75i42814s2c/arma3server_2013-11-11_09-00-37.rpt

hc : http://www.mediafire.com/download/ztql5jwx8v8out7/arma3_2013-11-11_09-00-39.rpt

I've checked your logs but they don't provide a lot of detail other then that TPWCAS seems to be started correctly on both server, HC and client.

The same test with tpwcas_debug = 2 should provide a better view.

I'll try to run a test myself asap.

Hey Ollem , if you havent already please check into my latest version. I dont know if it's my doing, or a problem with BIS_fnc_MP, or what. but something is up with debug smoke and ballz in multiplayer...

Example: in SP debug balls start out yellow depending on incomming bullets. red if there are multiple shots. Green if shots from friendly fire.. In MP the debug balls all turn RED Instantly.. there is no yellow Or green.

In SP, smoke and find cover flag, use BIS_fnc_MP and you get an error on the bottom of the screen that says, "BIS_fnc_MPexec : function "" does not exist." That has been there since the first use of bis_fnc_mp. I believe that is just beause the function is for MP use, not SP use. so this is not really the issue.

Also, the debug smoke doesnt work in MP anymore.. I really dont know if it was me or just a problem with BIS_fnc_MP... I spend over 10 hrs on just that issue, and couldnt find an answer. Please, ease my mind Ollem... Im pulling my hair out here...

Fixed debug issue + some minor bit and pieces:

script only: tpwcas_A3_script_v5.3.zip

Mod + script Packaged: tpwcas_A3_v5.3.zip

HC seems to have an issue with other mods for me too

(The method I used to trigger scripts/functions on HC does not seem to work anymore, i.E. the way to determine the HC target.)

I had the issue with MCC and I checked and noticed VTS is using the same method

Issue is related to spawning units on HC, not tpwcas - I still think that should be okay in combination with HC.

needs some further investigation...

Edited by Ollem

Sweet, thanks Ollem!

Any way, if you have a free moment? Would you mind sending me a pm of what I had messed up. I couldnt find it. Ill be sifting threw the code the next few days, i figured it would be easier to ask the person that fixed it. (rather then sift threw and search for the differences)

Thanks again!

BTW, I changed the nearestObjects classname search to "All" because from what i can tell, the AI find ok cover on first contact. This is just to test out. with this change they will only get an order from tpwcas to go to cover if there is an object with a classname found, (vehicles, buildings, etc)

The nearestObjects search returns the .p3d name of the object. IE. bushes, trees, rocks... However, no matter how i try I cannot get those objects to be filtered out... Even using boundingboxReal... a roadsegment would return a value of 6m,6m,6m(for example not exact).. but we all know that the road segment isnt 6m tall.. but for some odd reason it is found (by BoundingBosReal) to have a max height of 6m.... so the ai will be sent to a roadsegment for cover..

the problem is after you get the .p3d name of the object, forsome odd reason you cannot use bis_fnc_instring to find a string of letters in that objects .p3d name.. I dont know why.. bis_fnc_instring is suppose to be able to find any set of letters that you tell it to. With in a specific string... IE . If i wanted to filter out bushes.. a bush in arma is named . 12327232: b_(insert bush name here).p3d.. so my filter is looking for names with a "b_" in them.. that didnt work so i added ": b_" still doesnt work. but that is the whole point of bis_fnc_inString.. is to find a few charactors (that you designate) inside of another string... but its not working..

anyone have any ideas... outside of that i think its current method is best.. Only being told to go to cover if it is a known objects(ie has a classname)

Hi Lordprimate - you didn't mess up - I did.

I replaced the CBA based MP debug trigger by a BIS default BIS_fnc_MP call, but forgot to include quotes around the function name:

To call the debug ball color change locally use:

[_x, _cas_ball, 3] spawn tpwcas_fnc_client_debug; //yellow

but for remote calls it should be

[[_x, _cas_ball, 3],"tpwcas_fnc_client_debug",true,false] spawn BIS_fnc_MP;

About the BIS_fnd_instring issue: maybe it helps to convert the found objects to strings explicitly by using

(str _x)

instead of

(_x)

?

------update: did some test ---------------

The code syntax seems to be okay.. are you sure the filter doesn't work?

diag_log str [(nearestObjects [player, ['All'], 30])];
tpwcas_fnc_cover_filter = {
if (["empty", (format ["%1", _this])] call BIS_fnc_inString) exitWith { diag_log str [_this]; false };
true
};
_objects = [ (nearestObjects [player, ["All"], 30]), { _x call tpwcas_fnc_cover_filter } ] call BIS_fnc_conditionalSelect;
diag_log "-- READY --";
diag_log str [_objects];

result in log:

"[[b Platoon Lead:1 (Ollem2),2770c800# 1806216: empty.p3d,46e64100# 1806212: empty.p3d,2770f900# 1806214: empty.p3d,4dc45600# 1806218: empty.p3d,2770cf00# 1806217: empty.p3d,4dc44100# 1806219: empty.p3d,2770c100# 1806215: empty.p3d,46e64800# 1806211: empty.p3d,2770d600# 1806213: empty.p3d,Agent 0x58d92080,4db40100# 1806185: hbarrier_5_f.p3d,4db40800# 1806184: hbarrier_5_f.p3d,4db37900# 1806186: hbarrier_5_f.p3d]]"
"[2770c800# 1806216: empty.p3d]"
"[46e64100# 1806212: empty.p3d]"
"[2770f900# 1806214: empty.p3d]"
"[4dc45600# 1806218: empty.p3d]"
"[2770cf00# 1806217: empty.p3d]"
"[4dc44100# 1806219: empty.p3d]"
"[2770c100# 1806215: empty.p3d]"
"[46e64800# 1806211: empty.p3d]"
"[2770d600# 1806213: empty.p3d]"
"-- READY --"
"[[b Platoon Lead:1 (Ollem2),Agent 0x58d92080,4db40100# 1806185: hbarrier_5_f.p3d,4db40800# 1806184: hbarrier_5_f.p3d,4db37900# 1806186: hbarrier_5_f.p3d]]"

I ran the following command (so without overwriting the filter call - note: do this after restart :-) ):

diag_log str [(nearestObjects [player, ['All'], 30])];
_objects = [ (nearestObjects [player, ["All"], 30]), { _x call tpwcas_fnc_cover_filter } ] call BIS_fnc_conditionalSelect;
diag_log "-- READY --";
diag_log str [_objects];

"[[2770c800# 1806216: empty.p3d,46e64100# 1806212: empty.p3d,2770f900# 1806214: empty.p3d,4dc45600# 1806218: empty.p3d,4dc44100# 1806219: empty.p3d,25c42b00# 499148: cargo_house_v1_f.p3d,25c43900# 499071: u_addon_02_v1_f.p3d,25c5ab00# 499143: spp_transformer_f.p3d,25c59600# 499147: cargo_house_v1_f.p3d,25c43200# 499053: cargo_house_v1_f.p3d,25c3c100# 498948: shed_small_f.p3d]]"

so the tpwcas_fnc_cover_filter function seems to work?

Edited by Ollem