ollem

TPWCAS for A3 - AI Suppression System - suggestions/comments/ideas discussion

Hmm..

Something i was curious about..

In Userconfig i can see a major change to some suggested-"default" values as :tpwcas_reveal = 0.01;

Such a "small" value can't be compared with values used in TPW_CAS for A2.

Maybe is a temporary bypass to "ease-up" the Unfair AI's "KnowsEverythingAbout" to kinda more-normal/acceptable levels??

The question is do I have to force mode 3 with these logs

0 pre-init defined twpcas mode: 'tpwcas_mode = 2'"

"0 tpwcas_mode = 2 - Server: [false] - MP: [true] - config: [2] - isNil: [false]"

I see mode 2 active, perhaps I have to force mode 3 on HC and server.

Thanks

You need to set "tpwcas_mode = 3" at the server

Edited by Ollem

In Arma 2 with @ASR_AI it was required on the server and headless client

You need to set "tpwcas_mode = 3" at the server

Ok I'll try it this evening : thanks

---------- Post added at 14:46 ---------- Previous post was at 14:45 ----------

In Arma 2 with @ASR_AI it was required on the server and headless client

That's what I've done thanks Savage

While i will *bump* my question in post #26 ..

..i have some more concerns.

Lots of people i believe they are using a combination of ASR_AI3 also.

So i m also wondering if there is any conflict between those mods as:

from ASR_AI3 userconfig

Seekcover=1

from TPW_CAS userconfig

tpwcas_getcover=1

While i will *bump* my question in post #26 ..

from ASR_AI3 userconfig

Seekcover=1

from TPW_CAS userconfig

tpwcas_getcover=1

No idea : have to test & debug perhaps ...

Ok : I just tested suppression with dedicated server : it DOES work perfectly

And with the headless client

Hi there, we're trying to use tpwcas as mod on our server but I can't found settings that will make this fully functionnal.

When the mod is on server, headless client and client it doesn't work at all, AI doesn't do anything when under fire.

I use it with the same settings on server, HC and clients (tpwcas_mode = 2, debug_mode = 1).

As soon as HC is out, the mod start functionning and AI start firing and hiding with debug fully operating. But this seems to be really randomly functionning over human players...

Can you give me your settings and configuration, I'll then test it and put feedback here.

Thanks

Hi,

same config as yours!!!

I checked the logs and it doesn't work, I was spawning AI on the server : that's why it was working

It seems that for mission generated AI on the HC : it doesn't take the evenhandler for ASRAI & TPWCAS :(

or the code doesn't take HC into account for the moment :(

There are parts that include HC code

but in ASR AI : no HC code I think

Sorry for the confusion

Edited by gagi

Hmm..

Something i was curious about..

In Userconfig i can see a major change to some suggested-"default" values as :tpwcas_reveal = 0.01;

Such a "small" value can't be compared with values used in TPW_CAS for A2.

Maybe is a temporary bypass to "ease-up" the Unfair AI's "KnowsEverythingAbout" to kinda more-normal/acceptable levels??

Yes , this LOW value is because the AI already get too much info about you way to fast. the idea was to at least try and slow it down.

I really wish i can understand why everyone else is having problems.. Every time I get on our dedicated with my team mates with this mod enabled , and debug enabled. I get perfect functionality. My team mates see the debuging as I do the ai look for cover, they get suppressed, etc. and no script errors..

Gagi: I am i not following the thread correctly are you all talking about ASR_AI and HC, or tpwcas and HC?

I really hope we can nail this down with the HC. There is a lot of stuff that is out of my grasp of coding knowledge.. IE there are somethings I just dont know how to fix yet.. but thats the point of me doing this to learn! along the way...

Dulgen: thanks for testing I hope you get an idea of what may be the issue, and post your results here.

from ASR_AI3 userconfig

Seekcover=1

from TPW_CAS userconfig

tpwcas_getcover=1

GiorgyGR: to answer you question about possible conflicts between ASR_AI and TPWCAS.. tpwcas only sends a unit to cover if it is to far away from cover already.. IE if ASR_AI hasent already sent the ai to a good spot to hide TPWCAS will help... they work in tandum. I have never seen any conflicts between the two. There is actually code in tpwcas that utalized ASR_AI knows about values, etc.. So there already working together on that front.

Ill be posting another update here soon!!! It contains a few object filters for Cover objects(in finding cover, from Robalo), a few LOS code upgrades from TPW, and a snibbet from ZOOLOO75 firefight improvement system (evasive movements when moving to cover...)

Please keep testing and posting feed back

And REMEMBER TO PUT THE TPWCAS MODULES ON THE MAP IN THE MISSION MAKER...... !!!FOR BEST RESULTS IN MULTIPLAYER!!!

Edited by Lordprimate

First of all i feel the need to thank you for your detailed answer regarding my concerns.

but...

And REMEMBER TO PUT THE TPWCAS MODULES ON THE MAP IN THE MISSION MAKER...... !!!FOR BEST RESULTS IN MULTIPLAYER!!!

..OOPS!! :butbut:

I never did that before in our teams server (even in ArmA2CO) for our COOP sessions.

I always thought it was like "Plug & Play" in any mission ..and *new AI features would have been automatically utilized.

Now i m in trouble :/

First of all i feel the need to thank you for your detailed answer regarding my concerns.

but...

..OOPS!! :butbut:

I never did that before in our teams server (even in ArmA2CO) for our COOP sessions.

I always thought it was like "Plug & Play" in any mission ..and *new AI features would have been automatically utilized.

Now i m in trouble :/

They should be auto enabled , I just test with the modules on the map, to make absolutely sure they are enabled for the server and clients. It also makes the mission mod dependant. (some may see that as a drawback) I also use it to ensure that all clients have the mod and are getting the same effects as everyone else. Also, being that i test with the modules on the map and it works every time(as of late), i felt it was pertinent information.

TBH i always used (from A2CO) TPWCAS=mode 3 (dedicated server coop mode-only AI affected).

I really would like to continue using it only as "server-side" mod..unless you tell me it won't work properly that way.

Me (and lots of others i believe) we are eager for 'next' version :)

Gagi: I am i not following the thread correctly are you all talking about ASR_AI and HC, or tpwcas and HC?

I really hope we can nail this down with the HC. There is a lot of stuff that is out of my grasp of coding knowledge.. IE there are somethings I just dont know how to fix yet.. but thats the point of me doing this to learn! along the way...

As tpwcas is linked to ASRAI ... perhaps I can deactivate ASRAI and tpwcas is independant : no clue

What I saw in tpwcas code is that the HC code seems broken and in the logs there is a bug on this line :

diag_log format ["%1 tpwcas_mode = %2 - Server: [%3] - MP: [%4] - config: [%5] - isNil: [%6]", time, tpwcas_mode, isServer, isMultiPlayer, getnumber(configfile>> "tpwcas_key_setting" >> "tpwcas_mode"), isNil "tpwcas_mode"];

The code doesn't seem to handle HC. But it's close to work.

The problem is that :

On dedicated server only :

I put ASRAI+tpwcas as they are linked and work perfectly without an HC : so I'm trying to make it work the same way with HC

With HC :

ASRAI doesn't handle HC + tpwcas is, I think, broken for HC

I can try to use only tpwcas on dedicated server alone first, and a second test with an HC : but I thinks it will be the same : tpwcas doesn't handle HC... for the moment :)

On dedicated server only :

I put ASRAI+tpwcas as they are linked and work perfectly without an HC : so I'm trying to make it work the same way with HC

With HC :

ASRAI doesn't handle HC + tpwcas is, I think, broken for HC

I tried with the ASRAI server side and tpwcas on all clients, HC and server. It doesn't work at all with HC...

So, I found a small error in @tpwcas. It was the config name for the ASR_AI function that handled AI skill, I typed it wrong last time.... DERP . I have corrected the error, Tpwcas should now be looking at the right function. (there was an "_sys_" in the name where it should have been removed), I also made a few changes in the Init.sqf, reguarding the HC. Here is another test version, there is a different HC check, I am not sure if it will fix the issue it was just copied and pasted from another version. This tpwcas version also includes some scripts from other modders, Robalo, and Zooloo75, and some updates from TPW. The AI will now make an evasive movement when they are told to move to cover (from zooloo75 FFIS). I added some updated code to tpwcas_los from tpw (AI turn twards enemy faster). And used some code from Robalo's ASR_AI find cover, now it is more likely that they Cover that tpwcas sends the ai to will be the same as ASR_AI would send them to.. IE: ASR_AI and tpwcas work together better!!!

So here it is TEST subject #2:

@TPWCAS TEST for ARMA 3 : http://www.mediafire.com/?wo1i6k3pw1vumkp

if you get ANY ERRORS this is what we need from U testors!!

1)Post your game version (dev /stable)

2)Post a list of the mods used at the time of the error (to be honest if your testing Tpwcas there shouldnt be other mods running , maybe ASR_AI but that should be it)

3)post the EXACT error from the rpt file. (the rpt file usually contains where the error occured "file/line", makes it easier to locate)

4)you also could post up a link to the mission the problem is happening in. (I can then download and test myself)

LAST BUT NOT LEAST:

Please put the modules on the map:

"Embedded Los - Enable"

"Find Cover - Enable"

"Visual debug - Enable"

If you are playing a mission where you (player/players) will control AI. Then you need to put down this module:

"(TPWCAS) Client Server mode (tpwcas_mode = 2) - Enable"

This module tells tpwcas that ALL bullets from EVERY shooter are detected.

If you are making a three way AI battle between Opfor, Blufor, and Indi, this is the module you should use.

If you are playing a mission where you (player/players) are the only ones on your side (no AI help). Then you put down this module:

"(TPWCAS) Dedicated Server mode / no clients (tpwcas_mode = 3) - Enable"

This module tells tpwcas that ONLY PLAYERS bullets are detected.

If you are making a three way AI battle between Opfor, Blufor, and Indi, this module will only detect fire from player units, making any AI on AI combat unaffected by this mod (AI will not Suppress eachother)!!

This is to ENSURE that the mod is enable for all clients connecting , and that they HAVE to have the mod to join. (This should also provide a good baseline / control for the testing)

Edited by Lordprimate

So, I found a small error in @tpwcas. It was the config name for the ASR_AI function that handled AI skill, I typed it wrong last time.... DERP . I have corrected the error, Tpwcas should now be looking at the right function. (there was an "_sys_" in the name where it should have been removed), I also made a few changes in the Init.sqf, reguarding the HC. Here is another test version, there is a different HC check, I am not sure if it will fix the issue it was just copied and pasted from another version. This tpwcas version also includes some scripts from other modders, Robalo, and Zooloo75, and some updates from TPW. The AI will now make an evasive movement when they are told to move to cover (from zooloo75 FFIS). I added some updated code to tpwcas_los from tpw (AI turn twards enemy faster). And used some code from Robalo's ASR_AI find cover, now it is more likely that they Cover that tpwcas sends the ai to will be the same as ASR_AI would send them to.. IE: ASR_AI and tpwcas work together better!!!

So here it is TEST subject #2:

@TPWCAS TEST for ARMA 3 : http://www.mediafire.com/?wo1i6k3pw1vumkp

if you get ANY ERRORS this is what we need from U testors!!

1)Post your game version (dev /stable)

2)Post a list of the mods used at the time of the error (to be honest if your testing Tpwcas there shouldnt be other mods running , maybe ASR_AI but that should be it)

3)post the EXACT error from the rpt file. (the rpt file usually contains where the error occured "file/line", makes it easier to locate)

4)you also could post up a link to the mission the problem is happening in. (I can then download and test myself)

LAST BUT NOT LEAST:

Please put the modules on the map:

"Embedded Los - Enable"

"Find Cover - Enable"

"Visual debug - Enable"

If you are playing a mission where you (player/players) will control AI. Then you need to put down this module:

"(TPWCAS) Client Server mode (tpwcas_mode = 2) - Enable"

This module tells tpwcas that ALL bullets from EVERY shooter are detected.

If you are making a three way AI battle between Opfor, Blufor, and Indi, this is the module you should use.

If you are playing a mission where you (player/players) are the only ones on your side (no AI help). Then you put down this module:

"(TPWCAS) Dedicated Server mode / no clients (tpwcas_mode = 3) - Enable"

This module tells tpwcas that ONLY PLAYERS bullets are detected.

If you are making a three way AI battle between Opfor, Blufor, and Indi, this module will only detect fire from player units, making any AI on AI combat unaffected by this mod (AI will not Suppress eachother)!!

This is to ENSURE that the mod is enable for all clients connecting , and that they HAVE to have the mod to join. (This should also provide a good baseline / control for the testing)

Great work man !

I tested with :

"Embedded Los - Enable"

"Find Cover - Enable"

"Visual debug - Enable"

but IA seems dumb and no visual debug with HC activated

Edited by gagi

Tested on the CiA coop server with debug mode. Works great! Nothing to report except that :)

Subject 2

Thanks for your amazing work, sounds great, can't wait to test it.

Since I've the same conf as gogi I thinks it wont work with HC but I'll test it anyway asap, maybe tomorrow !

Tested on the CiA coop server with debug mode. Works great! Nothing to report except that :)

Thats good enough for me!!!

Keep up the good work chaps :cool:

I tried with the ASRAI server side and tpwcas on all clients, HC and server. It doesn't work at all with HC...

same here : the debug balls are made on the server, even the unit loops are made on the server but not on units controller by the HC...

Strange behaviour

@Lordprimate: I'm not sure why HC is not working, but there is a small error in theHC check in init.sqf:

// HEADLESS CLIENT CHECK
tpwcas_isHC =  !( hasInterface || isDedicated );

should be

// HEADLESS CLIENT CHECK
tpwcas_isHC = ( !(hasInterface) && !(isDedicated ) );

However, that doesn't explain the issue while in case of HC tpwcas_isHC would be true in both cases.

Could someone post the first lines of the HC rpt log which should show the TPWCAS values as present on the HC?

Edited by Ollem

Could someone post the first lines of the HC rpt log which should show the TPWCAS values as present on the HC?

"0 tpwcas_mode = 2 - Server: [false] - MP: [true] - config: [2] - isNil: [false]"

and later :

"############################# co166_vts40_A3_beta17 #############################"

"15.012 - TPWCAS_A3 v5.0 Initiated - tpwcas_mode: [2]"

"15.012 - [0,2,4,11] supported version of ASR_AI found"

"--- tpwcas parameters ---------------------------------------------------"

"15.135 TPWCAS Var: tpwcas_mode - [2]"

"15.135 TPWCAS Var: tpwcas_ir - [25]"

"15.135 TPWCAS Var: tpwcas_st - [6]"

"15.135 TPWCAS Var: tpwcas_bulletlife - [1.5]"

"15.135 TPWCAS Var: tpwcas_skillsup - [1]"

"15.135 TPWCAS Var: tpwcas_minskill - [0.2]"

"15.135 TPWCAS Var: tpwcas_reveal - [0]"

"15.135 TPWCAS Var: tpwcas_canflee - [0]"

"15.135 TPWCAS Var: tpwcas_getcover - [1]"

"15.135 TPWCAS Var: tpwcas_coverdist - [30]"

"15.135 TPWCAS Var: tpwcas_playershake - [1]"

"15.135 TPWCAS Var: tpwcas_playervis - [1]"

"15.135 TPWCAS Var: tpwcas_debug - [2]"

"-------------------------------------------------------------------------"

This is the arma 3 rpt log, on a dedicated server, HC on, mod on clients (me and HC) and server with the same userconfig set.

No modules on the VTS mission but as I was alone, I thinks this doesn't matter, is it ?

Same as before, with HC it doesn't work, without it works like a charm ;)

dammit ollem.... :) I just copied and pasted that code from the A2 version you posted a few days ago... LOL

serves me right for just copying and pasting!! I just fixed it.

Dulgan: is that the rpt from the server? or the headless client?

Edited by Lordprimate