Sign in to follow this  
Delimontana

Official Weapons pack to Arma III please!

Arma III is a great game, But...

BI should take some time between or after the SP campaigns to make a real nice Weapons pack! Sure there's a lack of pretty much everything except open spaces in Arma3, but the thing that annoys me the most is the lack of weapons, especially since this is such an infantry based game.

So far BI just added each of the weapons 3-4 times with small adjustments like grenade launcher, longer barrel etc. Yes sure there are mods, mods that will probably not work with your favorite servers, and tbh having a good variety of weapons is not something that you should have to download as a mod.

I mean c'mon where is standard shit like M468, M16, SCAR-H, M249, M110 Sniper, AK-47, you name it these were just some of the top of my head, but really we deserve more than what we got, choosing between same 3-4 rifles is really boring!

BI should take some time between or after the SP campaigns to make a real nice Weapons pack! Sure there's a lack of pretty much everything except open spaces in Arma3, but the thing that annoys me the most is the lack of weapons, especially since this is such an infantry based game.

So far BI just added each of the weapons 3-4 times with small adjustments like grenade launcher, longer barrel etc. Yes sure there are mods, mods that will probably not work with your favorite servers, and tbh having a good variety of weapons is not something that you should have to download as a mod.

I mean c'mon where is standard shit like M468, M16, SCAR-H, M249, M110 Sniper, AK-47, you name it these were just some of the top of my head, but really we deserve more than what we got, choosing between same 3-4 rifles is really boring!

I totally agree with you. Even if I havent tried ArmA3 myself, I am sure that customers/supporters really deserve more stuff for money they spent.

Arma3 is supposed to be futuristic, so we have MX weapons instead of the common stuff you see these days. Besides that, there's plenty of other threads that rehash this same topic over-and-over again. If they were going to give these weapons the official treatment, I suspect that would have been done from the beginning.

Arma3 is supposed to be futuristic, so we have MX weapons instead of the common stuff you see these days. Besides that, there's plenty of other threads that rehash this same topic over-and-over again. If they were going to give these weapons the official treatment, I suspect that would have been done from the beginning.

Well maybe they should do something about it if there's plenty of other threads. Obviously this is a wanted feat. in the game. And yeah i know that future thing, but it like less than 20 years in the future, i doubt everyone started using MXM weapons, it just seems like a lame excuse to not implement a more diverse arsenal. That argument really don't stick, they could have just made more futuristic models of our days weapons or invented more weapons.

Either way the fact remains that so few weapons in an infantry based military game is just below all critique! They released the game without a SP campaign to rush it out and fix it after release, im sure they can add some more weapons! AT THE LEAST as a DLC to pay for to give the option.

There will be more weapons with the campaign release.

Hopefully we'll get all Arma2 stuff ported which will become a mandatory download ;)

There will be more weapons with the campaign release.

Hopefully we'll get all Arma2 stuff ported which will become a mandatory download ;)

oh nice! anywhere to read about the content?

Well maybe they should do something about it if there's plenty of other threads. Obviously this is a wanted feat. in the game. And yeah i know that future thing, but it like less than 20 years in the future, i doubt everyone started using MXM weapons, it just seems like a lame excuse to not implement a more diverse arsenal.

In 20 years a standard rifle change in an Army is quite feasible and I would even say probable in countries like UK or US. Besides that the weapons in-game are mostly real ones ( the Katiba is a tunned version of the actual Kh2000, in use in Iran; and the F2000 its used by countries like Slovenia as main rifle ). So that's a fact, BTW IMHO weapons like M16 wouldn't make much sense in the 3 main factions.

On the other hand, I think that a futuristic model of an ak107 and some other russian weapons should be a must. And the world is so flooded with AK47, AKM and RPG 7, that it would be almost sure that in 20 years they will still be used. Also a futuristic version of HK G36 would be interesting as it's the most used rifle in European NATO countries.

Edited by MistyRonin
Correcting country mistake

In 20 years a standard rifle change in an Army is quite feasible and I would even say probable in countries like UK or US. Besides that the weapons in-game are mostly real ones ( the Katiba is a tunned version of the actual Kh2000, in use in Iran; and the F2000 its used by countries like Slovakia as main rifle ). So that's a fact, BTW IMHO weapons like M16 wouldn't make much sense in the 3 main factions.

On the other hand, I think that a futuristic model of an ak107 and some other russian weapons should be a must. And the world is so flooded with AK47, AKM and RPG 7, that it would be almost sure that in 20 years they will still be used. Also a futuristic version of HK G36 would be interesting as it's the most used rifle in European NATO countries.

But Slovakia doesn't use F2000.

Slovenia does.I should know I live here.

So for knuckleheads: Slovenia is not same country as Slovakia.

OT:

I think we have enough content, despite lack of it yourself or modder next to you

can fill in the gap, however gameplay elements is not possible to hardcode in

engine.That's why we would be better off if they would start with gameplay features

rather then with content.There's plenty to improve on...Medical system, Tanks,

action menu, MP graphical interface...

Edited by enex

My bad... I meant Slovenia! Sorry :o

So for knuckleheads: Slovenia is not same country as Slovakia.

Uhm how kind, I guess you've never had a confusion between two similar names.

Edited by MistyRonin

That’s a lot to look forward to! How about the Arma 2 content library? Will there be some form of backwards compatibility?

Originally' date=' we had an idea that was similar to Take On Rearmed. Unfortunately, upgrading the Arma 2 massive content library to Arma 3 standards is beyond what we can do in reasonable time. So instead, what we are going to do will be similar to Arma 1: we are going to release the entire Arma 2 library to the community and allow them create any derivative work within Arma 3. More details will be announced very soon.[/quote']TL;DR: Wait for mods, because BI ain't doing it.

My bad... I meant Slovenia! Sorry :o

Uhm how kind, I guess you've never had a confusion between two similar names.

heh it was meant in forthcoming spirit.No offence to anyone.

I dont need new weapons. it makes sense that in the future procurement will be simplified, in a modular way. if there will all the better but i dont crave for them. i need old physics, like the one that drags stuff down for gravity. Yeah i need freking balistics, and in relation to calibers, windage ecc, i.e. that mystical thing that seems to work even in f2p games from 6 years ago.

Would have been nice to see legacy or "classic" weapons, not all of them of course, just the nice ones, I mean come on, how long would it take to port these from OA.

Would have been nice to see legacy or "classic" weapons, not all of them of course, just the nice ones, I mean come on, how long would it take to port these from OA.
To paraphrase Maruk's paragraph from above, "more than I'm willing to put into it."

I mean c'mon where is standard stuff like M468, M16, SCAR-H, M249, M110 Sniper, AK-47, you name it these were just some of the top of my head, but really we deserve more than what we got, choosing between same 3-4 rifles is really boring!

TOTALLY AGREE!

srsly, arma series are simulations of military, why the hell now futuristic and then just a few weapons. i usually pick on any server given the same 2 weapons (mx sniper or mx rifle, dunno the correct names right now), grab optics and its done.

i cant tell how much this (sry) sucks.

this game would be so much better if you just go with the original weapons, good old m4/m16 m249saw ak-47 and so on and use these original weapons with the attachment you want OR the player must make a decision that i.e. an m4 can have a grenade launcher but not an acog optic. some weapons can bear several attachments and some just one. i know arma 3 is in an early state but i paid 39 euro for this game and then i see that there misses so much that could have been integrated, i do need to go with mods like acre (which is rdy by now) or ace (which is not available now) to rly have a realistic simulation, and that is what i wanted from a military simulation.