MAD T

NSS Admin Console

Sorry for the bump!

I cant seem to get this working at all on my altis life server, maybe its because its outdated?

Is it working at all for anyone of you? Im running the 1.10 update.

Still works fine, other than the scroll bar errors.

you need to be logged in as admin to access this.

Fantastic tool, would greatly appreciate an update!

I came across this issue before in another mod. The combobox control scrollbar needs to inherit from a scrollbar. Edit the define.hpp and replace NSS_AC_RscCombo with the following. I don't have time to test, but it should work.

class ScrollBar
{
	color[] = 
	{
	};
	colorActive[] = 
	{
	};
	colorDisabled[] = 
	{
	};
	shadow = 0;
	thumb = "\A3\ui_f\data\gui\cfg\scrollbar\thumb_ca.paa";
	arrowFull = "\A3\ui_f\data\gui\cfg\scrollbar\arrowFull_ca.paa";
	arrowEmpty = "\A3\ui_f\data\gui\cfg\scrollbar\arrowEmpty_ca.paa";
	border = "\A3\ui_f\data\gui\cfg\scrollbar\border_ca.paa";
};
class NSS_AC_RscCombo
{
access = 0;
type = 4;
colorSelect[] = 
{
};
colorText[] = 
{
};
colorBackground[] = 
{
};
colorScrollbar[] = 
{
};
soundSelect[] = 
{
	"\A3\ui_f\data\sound\RscCombo\soundSelect",
};
soundExpand[] = 
{
	"\A3\ui_f\data\sound\RscCombo\soundExpand",
};
soundCollapse[] = 
{
	"\A3\ui_f\data\sound\RscCombo\soundCollapse",
};
maxHistoryDelay = 1;
class ComboScrollBar : ScrollBar
{

};
style = 16;
x = 0;
y = 0;
w = 0.12;
h = 0.035;
shadow = 0;
colorSelectBackground[] = 
{
};
arrowEmpty = "\A3\ui_f\data\GUI\RscCommon\rsccombo\arrow_combo_ca.paa";
arrowFull = "\A3\ui_f\data\GUI\RscCommon\rsccombo\arrow_combo_active_ca.paa";
wholeHeight = 0.45;
color[] = 
{
};
colorActive[] = 
{
};
colorDisabled[] = 
{
};
font = "PuristaMedium";
sizeEx = "(((((safezoneW / safezoneH) min 1.2) / 1.2) / 25) * 1)";
};

I fixed the errors , but had to take out vvs... anyone want a copy pm me I made new serverkey... or wait till I get permission to edit it fully.

opps didn't see this in first post "Your free to modify and edit this work."

so sence this is the best admin tool ive seen ill try to edit it and maybe add things.

Edited by Dr Death JM

Hey guys!

Do some of you guys also have problems with the NSS Tool after the v1.32 update?

It says that im not logged in as an admin and wont let me open the NSS menu.

Hope you guys can help :)

Greetz

yup ... im getting this error... too

I was going to release it, but now with new errors (not loging in sence update) ...

I gues I could post it anyways...

yes...

BIS changed the way how serverCommandAvailable works. So well, yeah...

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=21137

As there is (still) no isAdmin, isVotedAdmin, isLoggedInAdmin commands many scripts and mods used that to detect if a player is an admin.

I am currently trying to find a workaround since detecting via script seems impossible.

There is a workaround with UI eventhandlers, but actually I didnt get it to work yet and its really hacky.

yes...

BIS changed the way how serverCommandAvailable works. So well, yeah...

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=21137

As there is (still) no isAdmin, isVotedAdmin, isLoggedInAdmin commands many scripts and mods used that to detect if a player is an admin.

I am currently trying to find a workaround since detecting via script seems impossible.

There is a workaround with UI eventhandlers, but actually I didnt get it to work yet and its really hacky.

its funny cause I can still get my tiny debug to work that's in sqs, and works as admin (only) .. weird.

also , (not tested lately) but wasteland has a cool way to load admin tools,

Edited by Dr Death JM

Does NSS use bis_fnc_mp? If it does, they are not going to work as these commands require entries in CfgRemoteExecCommands.

i second that.

It works in things like single player and severs you are hosting locally.

Dedicated servers that you need to login to administrate do not work with this new version.

yeah sadly it doesnt work with the admin login... Do you guys know a similar admin tool you can recommend so I have something until the NSS is updated?

Would be very thankful! :)

yeah sadly it doesnt work with the admin login... Do you guys know a similar admin tool you can recommend so I have something until the NSS is updated?

Would be very thankful! :)

MCC Sandbox Mod. Run it on yourself and on the server and just log in as admin to use. it will be on your scroll menu. this is mostly for things like changing time, weather, and spawning vehicles (which were basically my three favorite parts of MCC). not quite sure if it allows you to input scripts and codes manually like NSS and i know for sure (well maybe not. still kinda checking it out) that it doesnt have the ability to turn off AI targeting, invulnerability, invisibility, and so on. although i think you can still teleport across the map and stuff.

It works in things like single player and severs you are hosting locally.

Dedicated servers that you need to login to administrate do not work with this new version.

it worked perfect till BIS updated... seems to me a waist of time fixing anything till BIS stops fixing things and braking others... it took me awhile to fix ncc I had it for a week with working sign file and key ...

---------- Post added at 01:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 AM ----------

@TankBuster

well if that the case if you can explain it a bit maybe I can fix it again... but other issue is I cant sign any pbo's sence update either...

Does NSS use bis_fnc_mp? If it does, they are not going to work as these commands require entries in CfgRemoteExecCommands.

im not finding much info on this ... wasteland uses bis_fnc_mp and BIS_fnc_MPexec, there admin tools work fine. there remote but I don't see any CfgRemoteExecCommands <---- typed out like this ..

As far as I understand it, CfgRemoteExecCommands is in the game config. It lists the commands bis_fnc_mp is allowed to execute.

As far as I understand it, CfgRemoteExecCommands is in the game config. It lists the commands bis_fnc_mp is allowed to execute.

no matter I gues I fixed ncc , I tested it 2 times on my server ... small error with spectate scrollbar (but works) ...everything eles is flawless

were is these commands that are allowed so I can fix my own tool?

Hi everyone.

I am sorry for the delay in updates as i am very busy in real life and with other projects. However i am going to update the console fixing the dialog errors and update VAS and VVS soon.

As for the CfgRemoteExecCommands issue i am thinking about creating a own code execution function which gets broadcasted to every client when the console is being used (first to the server and the server JIP´s it to new clients who connect). Sending a string over the network, compiling and executing it but i am not sure if that will work.

Might be or might be not in the next update.

As for the current problem with opening the console on dedicated servers i am concerned i will currently leave it as it is (also due to time issues and no other idea). A BIS developer said they will revert the serverCommandAvailable command to what it was before which means the console will work after the next stable branch update. As far as i know it should work on DEV already again.

Thanks to Dr Death JM for taking time and fixing the console so far and Tankbuster for the heads up about CfgRemoteExecCommands.

PS: If you guys think to make fork versions of the console when needed then please do so.

Edited by MAD T

Hi everyone.

I am sorry for the delay in updates as i am very busy in real life and with other projects. However i am going to update the console fixing the dialog errors and update VAS and VVS soon.

As for the CfgRemoteExecCommands issue i am thinking about creating a own code execution function which gets broadcasted to every client when the console is being used (first to the server and the server JIP´s it to new clients who connect). Sending a string over the network, compiling and executing it but i am not sure if that will work.

Might be or might be not in the next update.

As for the current problem with opening the console on dedicated servers i am concerned i will currently leave it as it is (also due to time issues and no other idea). A BIS developer said they will revert the serverCommandAvailable command to what it was before which means the console will work after the next stable branch update. As far as i know it should work on DEV already again.

Thanks to Dr Death JM for taking time and fixing the console so far and Tankbuster for the heads up about CfgRemoteExecCommands.

PS: If you guys think to make fork versions of the console when needed then please do so.

I have it working now in mp and dedicated server ill repost update in a bit im trying to get ban from my server (if no ban then all is good).

what I changed besides of last update , is

NSS_AC_loggedIn = true;

NSS_AC_adminVarName = vehicleVarName player;

if (NSS_AC_adminVarName == "Dr.Death JM" or isNil "NSS_AC_adminVarName") then

I took out vss, and spectate still has small but workable error...

im going to retest without, if (NSS_AC_adminVarName == "Dr.Death JM" or isNil "NSS_AC_adminVarName") then

to if (NSS_AC_adminVarName == "player" or isNil "NSS_AC_adminVarName") then

back in a few.... if anyone wants to help, Anthony cosores on Skype or _1__3_ on steam.

and much thanks to you MAD T I hate working with these dialogs lol

---------- Post added at 10:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 AM ----------

ok here it is enjoy,

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zcfk9uyt8dauvkm/%40NSS_AC.rar?dl=0

works like it should... login as admin press shit+f1

Edited by Dr Death JM