MAD T

NSS Admin Console

Title: NSS Admin Console
Version: 1.73
Author: MAD T

BEBE28FEE16A88F24FEBF68090A546075694A671

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Download link (Steam workshop):

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Description:

This is an Administrating / Debugging / Mission development tool i wrote long ago for the NSS Gamers community.
There was soon not much need for it anymore so it was released to the public and rarly being worked on for updates.

Once in the game you will have to press (Shift + F1) to open the console. 
In a multiplayer environment you need to be either the host or logged in as admin to open it.

Features:
- 1st and 3rd person spectator mode
- Free cam (BIS splendid camera)
- Code execution (server, global, local, on choosed player)
- Code saving
- Variable monitor
- Script execution (executes the file script.sqf located in the addon directory, only works if -filePatching is added to startup paramters)
- Map teleport
- Invulneribility
- No target (AI will not attack player)
- Server side logging of console users actions (search for NSS_AC_Log: in .rpt files)
- Virtual Garage
- Virtual Arsenal
- Opening of Zeus interface even if no curator was set in the mission previously
- Loading / saving and exporting of Zeus creations (only objects) 
- Placed / loaded objects via Zeus are shared amongst each console user for cooperative editing. 

For certain features like server side logging and being able to enter the Zeus interface the console needs to also run on the 
server. Also you will not be able to use the BIS console while using this addon because of it´s server side logging which the 
BIS one doesn´t have. There is also a very high chance this addon will not work anymore in BIS created missions or other 
community created content due to the implementation of CfgRemoteExec ( https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/CfgRemoteExec )
which some developers might use nowadays. If any CfgRemoteExec is classified in the mission or certain addon you will have 
to modify CfgRemoteExec in the description.ext and add the following two functions below. If no CfgRemoteExec is classified the 
console should work without any problem especialy in self created content where no CfgRemoteExec is classified.

class CfgRemoteExec
{
class Functions
{
// State of remoteExec: 
// 0-turned off, 
// 1-turned on, taking whitelist into account, 
// 2-turned on, however, ignoring whitelists (default because of backward compatibility)

mode = 2;

// Whitelist, who can execute which function
// 0-Everyone
// 1-Only clients
// 2-Only server

class NSS_AC_fnc_curatorCreateModuleMP {allowedTargets=2};
class NSS_AC_fnc_Execute {allowedTargets=0};
};
};

I am providing the source code for understanding how everything works and a version for mission developers to implement it 
in their missions. Files are located in the addon folder. My time to work on this is limited but if you find any bugs feel 
free to report them and i will try to fix them.

Credits:

Thanks to Hammer, BiGi, Mantis and Seq for testing.

Licence:

Modifications to the code for personal and private usage is allowed. 
However, rereleasing of this work without my permission is not.

Paypal donation link:

Edited by MAD T

Well, what can i say? :D

Been using this (or rather the earlier version) for ages now and can't think of Editing/Monitoring/administrating Servers etc any other way.

Quite nice set of features there :)

Probably will integrate a couple in mine at some point with credits.

Now this is funky!

I particularly like the way you only need to log in once to be able to use it and the way it can save commands for later use. Really excellent. Oh and moving it off the esc key is good as well, so we can run debug console as well if we want.

*edit*It's writing to the server RPT too! This just gets better! You have just saved me hours of work!

The one thing I can think of as a feature request is for the script executer to be able to use more than one script? I expect an in game file browser is out of the question, but perhaps pressing execute script could askm if you want to execute script 1, 2, 3 etc?

same here 404

anybody got a copy of the archive ?

can someone host that?

MAD T whats happens?

plz don't keep that just for Y self, share 2 ppl Yr awesome work dude....

download link reads error 404
"SavelinkAs" works. But yeah just clicking on the link is 404.

But then "save link as, gives me a non archive ZIP..., Yeah noworky.

I´m very sorry about the broken link. I accidently deleted it from my dropbox public folder not knowing (better said i forgot) that it was still linked here. My intention was not to take it away. I will fix this once i´m back at my PC but this might take a few days as i´m currently not at home.

The current version of the console might conflict with missions who have Tonic´s Virtual Vehicle Spawner and Virtual Ammobox System implemented. I´m thinkin of removing it as it is not realy needed. Also my spectator script has a bug. Rarly it happens when you spectate someone that the wrong person gets spectated. I currently don´t know why it is doing this and have very little time to fix it but will do it eventually one day when i got the time. I suggest clicking on Free in the spectator menu and use the kegety´s spectator script instead which will come up then.

Edit: Alternative download link added to first post. Thanks Tankbuster.

Edited by MAD T

Got this from Tankbuster's link. VAS didn't conflict when I used it on a mission with VAS already in. Maybe 'cos your VAS version was older than the one in the mission?

Not seen the spectate error yet.

very useful tool. SO glad you tied it to being logged in as admin! Signed our version too, as recommended.

Got this from Tankbuster's link. VAS didn't conflict when I used it on a mission with VAS already in. Maybe 'cos your VAS version was older than the one in the mission?

Not seen the spectate error yet.

very useful tool. SO glad you tied it to being logged in as admin! Signed our version too, as recommended.

More accurately Zach, you only have to have been logged in once for NSS to work. So, if you login, pull up NSS, logout, someone else can log in as admin and get NSS as well. This is actually really very useful when you have two developers in the mission, like me and Champy.

Hey Guys!

First of all I want to thank for this great tool!

Could some one help me on this thing?

I was trying to update the VAS script inserted in this mod but with no sucess.

I put the VAS folder (v2.4) and the "stringtable.xml" from the updated version and changed the config "cfgfunctions.hpp" to the NSS_AC directory (file = "MAD\NSS_AC\VAS\functions";) just like the old version, but when I start the game and open the VAS from NSS_AC I receive a bunch of errors and the script doesnt load any weapon or Item.

These are the errors from the RPT log:

Warning Message: Script VAS\config.sqf not found

Error in expression <"VAS\config.sqf";

waitUntil {scriptDone _handle;};

if(isNil "VAS_fnc_buildConfig>

Error position: <_handle;};

if(isNil "VAS_fnc_buildConfig>

Error Undefined variable in expression: _handle

File MAD\NSS_AC\VAS\functions\fn_mainInit.sqf, line 16

I pretty much kept the same structure of the original NSS_AC so I dont understand whats wrong!

If someone could help me I will be very greatful!

Some errors caused by BI changing the diaglog config structure without telling anyone they'd done it or how to fix it. Nice one guys. Facepalm_emote_gif.gif

From client rpt.

Warning Message: No entry 'config.bin/NSS_AC_Code/RscCombo_2100.ComboScrollBar'.
Warning Message: No entry 'config.bin/NSS_AC_Code/RscCombo_2101.ComboScrollBar'.
Warning Message: No entry 'config.bin/NSS_AC_Code/RscCombo_2100.ComboScrollBar'.
Warning Message: No entry 'config.bin/NSS_AC_Code/RscCombo_2101.ComboScrollBar'.

Hate to revive an old thread, but this invaluable tool has been damaged by the latest 1.10 Arma3 patch, the scrollbar error message when you call up the VAS system. (which is also a quite dated version now)

Is there any chance of this still being in development, or should I look at fixing it for myself?

Zach, I've posted about the 1.10 errors above and I've PM'd the author. I only use VAS within NSS, so I don't know how the newer versions differ, but I'd like to see it up to date.

I'll post back here if I get a reply.

Just had a PM reply from Mad. He's been moving home and we all know what chaos that brings!

He's not got proper internet yet, but he says he'll fix it in time. What a star!