TeTeT

Preview release: Nimitz for Arma3 (0.103)

@TeTeT

ok, Thank you for the hint.  I'll be looking into it this afternoon.

If I can come up with something bulletproof, I'll post the code here in case someone else needs it.

Fire

Because I'm learning the scripting language, I decided on a different approach for the time being. I added a deck crewman to the Nimitz with an interaction that calls the next task, instead of using the deck of the carrier. 

1. It actually seems a little more realistic.

2. lineIntersectsWith is a little over my pay grade right now. Might try using that command with something less daunting then the Nimitz for the first go., lol

Edited by FireWalker
Just an FYI

Latest change to the Nimitz is the support for Grumpy Old Mans Aircraft Loadout menu. I've forked the latest version and added it to the weapons elevator. As the elevator was barely usable for a player, I've added the static bomb models to it. 

• Like 3

Thanks to Jeza for the screenshots!

jeza-nimitz-1.jpg

This is release 0.99 of the Nimitz in Arma 3. Over the last half year there have been many changes to the Nimitz. 

First, the number and aftmast have been made configurable via Eden, so any of the existing Nimitz carriers can be impersonated to some degree. Note that doesn't include details like the different aft mast or changed island shapes. But we continue to explore this direction.

Next, the holes in the fore hull have been closed and do now contain deployable drawbridges. This should allow the Nimitz to stay in a port and make it accessible from the pier. A touchdown sound was added to the flightdeck when a plane lands. The anti-air weaponry received a textures update from the TheSn4k3, and the logos were updated by Odyseus. The briefing and map room now show the picture map of the island one plays on. The Tilly crash crane has now the ability to remove all Air, Land and Ship wrecks in the vincinity. Shockley did provide new hull textures, completely with all derivative textures. We hope you like the new look. With help of the Freedom technology the Nimitz stays now longer visible via the setting FeatureType = 2. The dynamic airport config also found it's way into the Nimitz, so players can now autoland on the carrier - don't forget to deploy the tailhook though! Further some air conditioning units and sounds were placed on the carrier, as well as a static engine sound at the aft of the carrier.

The final addition is the use of Grumpy Old Man's (GOM) aircraft loadout scripts via the weapons elevator. Any dynamic loadout capable plane can now be re-equiped at the weapons elevator. 

Mirrors are being updated currently. 

jeza-nimitz-2.jpg

The changelog since the last release:

Spoiler

2017-10-02 config, model

- create air conditioning unit

- place ac via init script

- add engine sound to hangar 4

- make logistics loadout for GOM adjustable

2017-10-01 config, model

- adjust dynamic airport for assisted landings

- modified nautical bridge to stop columns from peeking out

2017-09-30 config, model

- add weaponry to weapons elevator

- add Grumpy Old Man Aircraft Loadout support, rename to GOM AL Nimtech Edition

- remove under construction sign from island

- add geo lod to information wall

- fix corridor in 2nd deck

2017-09-24 config, model

- add driver proxy

- fix carrier_1 for deployable gangways

- use deck crew as crew

2017-05-20 config

- make init eventhandler stackable

- revert carrier_1.p3d 

2017-05-01 config, scripts

- add JDG_dynamicAirportNimitz

2017-04-23 config, nimtech_aa, model

- use new featureType = 2 config. removing featureSize

- experiments with sensors for nimtech_aa

- update carrier_1 from TheSn4k3

2017-04-09 model, config, nimtech

- reverted medical bed to thingX from car_f

- removed patuxent from download, it's not finished yet

- added new textures from Shockley

2017-04-01 model, config

- remove aft wall in entrance, showing Joes's wall

- adjust weapons elevator to new 2nd floor height

- add geo lod mass to weapons elevator

2017-03-26 functions

- add pictureMap of terrain to area of operation in briefing and map room

2017-03-21 aa, functions

- update Phalanx model and textures from TheSn4k3, update shadow, geo and fire geo lods

- update aa defenses init, use the right variable name for crewing the AA

- have Tilly remove all Air, Land, Ship wrecks

2017-03-20 sounds, functions

- add touchdown sound, kudos to Jones

- call touchdown sound from arrest

2017-03-19 config, logos

- add new logos from Odyseus

- add author information to carrier and aligner

- fix geo lod for aftMast hiding

2017-03-04 model, config

- add drawbridge from Joe, animate it

2017-02-28 model, config

- make aft mast hideable: (this getVariable 'jdg_carrier_island') animate ['aftMast', 1, true];

2017-02-27 textures, config

- add numbers textures and Eden configuration

- can mimick any Nimitz class carrier now

jeza-nimitz-3.jpg

• Like 14

7 hours ago, classic said:

@TeTeT Cool updates, but not come to workshop?

Sure, it will eventually be updated there by Rory, whenever he finds time for it.

• Thanks 1

I'm still so happy you included my idea! I hope you are eventually able to figure out the other design changes.

Would be great to have different aft masts for the different carriers, and eventually have an island with more interiour. But for this I need to raise some donations, as the current fund for modelling is dry now.

The 70 USD that the first donation round brought went are going into proper weapons carts and some weapons now. With the integration of GOM's loadout script they can have a real purpose aboard the CV now.

On my wishlist for model and texture changes are:

1. aft mast for different CV versions
  2. proper island interiour
  3. new hangar interiour
  4. new 2nd deck 
  5. updated flightdeck textures

Any other wishes to add to this laundry list? On a related note, is anyone using the 2nd deck at all? I know it looks subpar, but with some equipment inside it might serve some purpose.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, TeTeT said:

Would be great to have different aft masts for the different carriers, and eventually have an island with more interiour. But for this I need to raise some donations, as the current fund for modelling is dry now.

The 70 USD that the first donation round brought went are going into proper weapons carts and some weapons now. With the integration of GOM's loadout script they can have a real purpose aboard the CV now.

3. new hangar interiour
  4. new 2nd deck 

Any other wishes to add to this laundry list? On a related note, is anyone using the 2nd deck at all? I know it looks subpar, but with some equipment inside it might serve some purpose.

1. Flesh out the barracks area. 

2. Revamp Boat room

Other than that....you've covered just about all of the bases sir.  Love the mod.

1 hour ago, TeTeT said:

3. new hangar interiour
  4. new 2nd deck 

Hey TeTeT, I'm a student 3D artist. I'd love to try and help out a little if you'd like. I'm not certified AAA artist but I like to think I can hold my own. I also do texturing work. 

I work with Autodesk Maya, 3DS max and Substance Painter. I'm teaching myself substance designer aswell, to make my own smart materails. 

Perhaps I could work on some small things for the interiour if I can find some good referance material. 

Let me know

3 hours ago, TeTeT said:

On a related note, is anyone using the 2nd deck at all? I know it looks subpar, but with some equipment inside it might serve some purpose.

I for one have some big mission making plans which include that second deck, so all the better if you plan on detailing it more ;)

Actually I've been dabling with the Nimitz for a while now in the editor to see if I can make it look a bit more lived in. A lot of my ideas weren't workable earlier but with this latest update I think more of them will be possible. Thanks for the great work!

Can someone post the best overall method of allowing MP respawns on the carrier?

I've been very hit or miss...where sometimes players will respawn on the middle deck (even when system marker is placed in 3den on the top deck) or they'll spawn under the ship.

Is there a widely accepted MP respawn on carrier method?

25 minutes ago, autigergrad said:

Can someone post the best overall method of allowing MP respawns on the carrier?

I've been very hit or miss...where sometimes players will respawn on the middle deck (even when system marker is placed in 3den on the top deck) or they'll spawn under the ship.

Is there a widely accepted MP respawn on carrier method?

Could run a script on each client on respawn to set ASL to height of the deck. I wouldn't rely on Eden handling that data

• Like 1

Did you try the sample mission? There's one available on re-spawn.

Hi TeTeT, new update is awesome only trouble im having is finding the names/way to call the functions for tailhook/arresting cable, and catapult support to aircraft, I use ASOR ingame vehicle spawner, I just need a couple of inits to initialize those functions when the player spawns the aircraft.

3 hours ago, SnakeDocc said:

Hi TeTeT, new update is awesome only trouble im having is finding the names/way to call the functions for tailhook/arresting cable, and catapult support to aircraft, I use ASOR ingame vehicle spawner, I just need a couple of inits to initialize those functions when the player spawns the aircraft.

Thanks for the kind words. Not sure what you plan to do, the planes and units are nowadays initialized via a loop every 5 seconds. So if you wait 5 seconds after spawn, the catapult functions should be available. Or do you plan to use AI for launching and touching down?

No its just for players, and that's what I thought, when we used the old version of the Nimitz we had no problem spawning aircraft on the deck with ASOR VS script and then using the catapults/arresting cables and hooks with no extra set up, but I just tried setting it up the same way and only the aircraft spawned on mission start/through Zeus have the options.

4 hours ago, SnakeDocc said:

No its just for players, and that's what I thought, when we used the old version of the Nimitz we had no problem spawning aircraft on the deck with ASOR VS script and then using the catapults/arresting cables and hooks with no extra set up, but I just tried setting it up the same way and only the aircraft spawned on mission start/through Zeus have the options.

Can you try this basic spawn test and see if you get the actions then:

http://tetet.de/arma/arma3/nimitz/experimental/missions/spawnTest.Malden.7z

That init seems to work, but still doesn't work with the spawner, and I don't understand why as the syncloop seems to target all "planes" on the carrier.

2 hours ago, SnakeDocc said:

That init seems to work, but still doesn't work with the spawner, and I don't understand why as the syncloop seems to target all "planes" on the carrier.

Maybe the spawner sets something in the plane's namespace. Can you enter the spawned plane and do a

diag_log 'plane all variables';
diag_log allVariables (vehicle player);
diag_log 'plane all variables end';

from the debug console and see if anything shows up in the RPT?

12 hours ago, TeTeT said:

Maybe the spawner sets something in the plane's namespace. Can you enter the spawned plane and do a

diag_log 'plane all variables';
diag_log allVariables (vehicle player);
diag_log 'plane all variables end';

from the debug console and see if anything shows up in the RPT?

I'll try that when I get home and post the results, but I also forgot to mention the loop wasn't affecting planes spawned via curator/Zeus 

Heres the RPT results (vehicle spawned through ASOR VS), all of my other variables are being set correctly,

ttt_fnc_aircraftstatslandingeh gets added to the aircraft by your loop,

but ttt_vlaunch and ttt_cathook are not being set, I get the same results when spawning a plane through Zeus and running the debug code on it.

Spoiler

17:29:06 "plane all variables"

17:29:06 ["itgt_data_2","itgt_marker_3","klpq_musicradio_loudradioison","itgt_data_3","itgt_c_marker","itgt_marker_4","itgt_data_4","itgt_marker_5","ttt_fnc_aircraftstatslandingeh","devas_autopilot","tfar_isolatedamount","cba_xeh_incomingmissile","itgt_data_5","itgt_lsr","devas_loiter","devas_autopilotactionid","cba_xeh_getin","ace_interact_menu_selfactions","tgt_pod","itgt_type","cba_xeh_local","tf_side","itgt_gridtype","cba_xeh_isprocessed","cba_xeh_init","cba_xeh_initpost","cba_xeh_fired","klpq_musicradio_actionadded","itgt_c_data","cba_xeh_respawn","cba_xeh_engine","tf_isolationamount","ace_vehiclelock_lockside","itgt_lsr_set","cba_xeh_killed","itgt_tgt_set","ace_hearing_firedeh","cba_xeh_getout","cba_xeh_isinitialized","itgt_marker_1","klpq_musicradio_radioison","itgt_data_1","itgt_new","itgt_marker_2","devas_loiteractionid","driver_radio_settings"] 17:29:06 "plane all variables end"

1 hour ago, SnakeDocc said:

Heres the RPT results (vehicle spawned through ASOR VS), all of my other variables are being set correctly,

ttt_fnc_aircraftstatslandingeh gets added to the aircraft by your loop,

but ttt_vlaunch and ttt_cathook are not being set, I get the same results when spawning a plane through Zeus and running the debug code on it.

Ok, this means that the loop is probably not running or no longer running on your mission. Can you check the following variables before you try to spawn:

TTT_builtin TTT_builtinSleep TTT_NimitzCarriers

4 hours ago, TeTeT said:

Ok, this means that the loop is probably not running or no longer running on your mission. Can you check the following variables before you try to spawn:

TTT_builtin TTT_builtinSleep TTT_NimitzCarriers

Assuming these variable are in missionNamespace, they are [true],[5],["nimitz1"]

I also made a test mission for you to try, has the same issues with units spawned with zeus and asor vs.

It requires your Nimitz and F18 (latest version) and cba (latest version), and has the asor vs script set up, you can spawn vehicles from the engine crane.

http://puu.sh/y6P0D/e36c06d858.zip