TeTeT

Preview release: Nimitz for Arma3 (0.103)

Firstly thank you all for one of the best mods in Arma.

I'm sorry for being thick, I just can't work out how to animate just the blast shields without all the other stuff. I just need them to raise and lower via trigger.

Many thanks.

1 hour ago, lordtedrick said:

Firstly thank you all for one of the best mods in Arma.

I'm sorry for being thick, I just can't work out how to animate just the blast shields without all the other stuff. I just need them to raise and lower via trigger.

Many thanks.

Thanks for the kind words, appreciated!

I have this scripting the Nimitz doc ready at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1duUuO-0xLfjT57EidFdM6__GaNjChdp-HBV7xv2laqs/edit?usp=sharing

It doesn't cover the jet blast deflectors yet, but that can be changed. I am away from my gaming system, so the following is not tested.

The following objects define the jet blast deflector animations, 3 for JBD1,2,3 and 2 for JDB4:

JDG_carrier_deck_4 : ani_JBD2A ani_JBD2B ani_JBD2C
JDG_carrier_deck_5 : ani_JBD1A ani_JBD1B ani_JBD1C
JDG_carrier_deck_8 : ani_JBD3A ani_JBD3B ani_JBD3C
JDG_carrier_deck_10 : ani_JBD4A ani_JBD4B

It's easiest to name the Nimitz, for example 'Nimitz'. Then you need to get a handle on the objects above and call animate on the JBDs.

private _jbd1Obj = Nimitz getVariable "JDG_carrier_deck_5";
private _jbd2Obj = Nimitz getVariable "JDG_carrier_deck_4";
private _jbd3Obj = Nimitz getVariable "JDG_carrier_deck_8";
private _jbd4Obj = Nimitz getVariable "JDG_carrier_deck_10";

// raising the JBD1
{
    _jbd1Obj animate [_x, 1];
} forEach ["ani_JBD1A", "ani_JBD1B", "ani_JBD1C"];

// lowering the JBD2
{
    _jbd2Obj animate [_x, 0];
} forEach ["ani_JBD2A", "ani_JBD2B", "ani_JBD2C"];

Hope that works.

Many thanks for the reply. I will try this out asap.

Update: That worked. Thank you very much for the assistance.

Edited by lordtedrick
update

I may be late to the party and I don't know whether this helps, or already been covered, but...

Whilst playing around with an AI launch on this wonderful ship I have noticed that the crew animation is a little bugged. I had not noticed this before as I was usually in the cockpit.

The hook up man is being hit by the plane and constantly fall over.
I have tested the animations with the FA18 and conclude that the hook up man animation is not taking in to account that an aircraft may have different weapons configurations  and he is being hit by said weapons.
A solution is simply to move his starting position slightly backwards to give clearance.

The shooter is also falling over but I have not been able to work it out yet and will report my finds shortly.

Again many thanks for this awesome ship.

14 hours ago, Diealotus said:

I may be late to the party and I don't know whether this helps, or already been covered, but...

Whilst playing around with an AI launch on this wonderful ship I have noticed that the crew animation is a little bugged. I had not noticed this before as I was usually in the cockpit.

The hook up man is being hit by the plane and constantly fall over.
I have tested the animations with the FA18 and conclude that the hook up man animation is not taking in to account that an aircraft may have different weapons configurations  and he is being hit by said weapons.
A solution is simply to move his starting position slightly backwards to give clearance.

The shooter is also falling over but I have not been able to work it out yet and will report my finds shortly.

Again many thanks for this awesome ship.

Thanks for the kind words and the bug report. The AI launch has not been adjusted to the new AI animations unfortunately, hence the problem. I'm reworking the ambiance module and the planeStart function to take care of that.

Cheers,
TeTeT

On 7/24/2018 at 6:12 AM, TeTeT said:

The AI launch has not been adjusted to the new AI animations unfortunately, hence the problem. I'm reworking the ambiance module and the planeStart function to take care of that.

Cheers,
TeTeT

I assume you're also aware of the AI launching the aircraft while checks are still happening? That is while the flight operations are happening btw, works fine when a player is taking off but when it's all just ambient AI the plane gets launched right as the guy in green get sup the plane. Sorry if I'm bad at explaining myself, I can post a video of the issue if need be.

14 hours ago, Eogos said:

I assume you're also aware of the AI launching the aircraft while checks are still happening? That is while the flight operations are happening btw, works fine when a player is taking off but when it's all just ambient AI the plane gets launched right as the guy in green get sup the plane. Sorry if I'm bad at explaining myself, I can post a video of the issue if need be.

Hi Eogos,

we're aware of these issues and they have been fixed in the dev build of the Nimitz to the best of my knowledge. A release of 0.101 is imminent, I need to test the carrier with the 1.84 arma 3 update though.

Cheers,

TeTeT

@TeTeT Sweet! Can't wait to see the Nimitz operating on it's own without mass casualties :D

This is a bug fix release for the USS Nimitz in Arma 3, version 0.101.

The major change is the initialization loop for the planes, helos and man class. On top of relying on an endless loop (syncloop in previous releases), an init eventhandler is now responsible for embedding the various carrier functions in the objects. Eventually we hope to transition to the init eventhandler completely, but for that some mod aircraft need to subclass their eventhandler. If a unit is operating only with planes that use a subclassed eventhandler like the F-18 and F-181 at the moment, the syncloop can be disabled from the Eden properties of the Nimitz, reducing CPU consumption considerably, especially in crowded scenarios.

Further the ambiance scripts for AI have been reworked to cooperate with the new launch scripts, as well as a fix for third party planes like Sabre's military planes, and fixing a script error when a player didn't pick a carrier number. Built on top of WAINO uniforms and vests and equipment, a new deck crew has been established. Support for the yet unreleased uniform mod plus the Jets deck crew yellow shirt has been added.

Please see the changelog:

Spoiler

2018-08-03 config, nimitzfunctions
    - re-enable syncLoop due to planes with overwritten init event handler
    - enable TTT crew and Jets yellow shirt
2018-07-25 nimitzfunctions
    - fix check for carrier compatibility config entry (isNil and isNull)
    - fix numbers script if user did not select a number in Eden attributes
2018-07-14 nimitzfunctions
    - try to fix ambiance 1
2018-07-11 config, scripts
    - introduce event handlers for plane, man and helo functions
    - deprecate syncLoop
2018-04-14 scripts
    - repair ambiance 1 slightly

Mirrors:

Armaholic: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=23049

Steam Workshop: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=643530417

Edited by TeTeT
added Armaholic link
  • Like 2

@TeTeT Bit of a bug report for you.

1. Using Ambiance 1 the ambient deck crew (not the ones launching aircraft, the ones that stand near the fuel pumps and elsewhere on the deck) are missing

2. The third (and all subsequent) aircraft it tries to launch during flight operations glitches out while launching, pictures to follow

It starts out fine
PgvZpoV.jpg

But then it loses it's pilot and folds it's wings
deR7iAu.jpg

Then it launches off the catapult and very slowly falls into the water where it explodes
DnkJ9FB.jpg

It also seems to drag the 4th wire when it does this
OAWgctD.jpg

3. Speaking of the 4th wire, this is fairly minor but when in neutral state it has a weird kink in the middle of it
NzoDzjh.jpg

Haven't seen anything else wrong at this time

@TeTeT So how would one go about adding the init event handler to aircraft not using vanilla base classes (i assume rhs would be an example of this) so the syncloop can still disabled. 

Is this something that can be done post mission launch eg via ASORS vehicle spawner, or does it need to be done on a config patch level?

36 minutes ago, SnakeDocc said:

@TeTeT So how would one go about adding the init event handler to aircraft not using vanilla base classes (i assume rhs would be an example of this) so the syncloop can still disabled. 

Is this something that can be done post mission launch eg via ASORS vehicle spawner, or does it need to be done on a config patch level?

From all I know it needs to be a config patch level. The F/A-18 eventhandler is subclassed like this:

class Eventhandlers: Eventhandlers
                {
                        class JS_JC_FA18E
                        {
                                init="_this spawn JS_JC_fnc_FA18E_init;";
                                gear="_this call bis_fnc_aircraftFoldingWings;";
                                engine="_this call bis_fnc_aircraftFoldingWings;";
                                Hit="_this call BIS_fnc_PlaneAiEject";
                        };

};

You can check the config of any plane in the config viewer and see if it's enabled or not.

@Eogos , weird, I had success with the ambiance module the other day, I look into it though.

• Thanks 1

As @Eogos already observed, the ambiance 1 flight ops module is badly broken now. While the last update to 0.101 tried to fix the ambiance 1 module with the flight ops, this apparently did not work. I hope to fix it later in August.

• Thanks 1

A serious bug has manifested in the 0.101 build of the Nimitz: If you start a mission without a Nimitz on the map, the init handler will cause a waitUntil to fail. We're working on a solution, the stop gap measure is to add

ttt_nimitzcarriers=[];

to any init box

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

CAUTION: The 0.102 has another bug where the automatic cat launch function no longer works. Looking for a solution now, delaying the update is recommended.

A new version 0.102a is on the way, the problem is fixed.

This is a hot fix bug release for the USS Nimitz in Arma 3. Special thanks go to classic and [DW][TDGZ]LeonT from the Nimitz discord for last minute testing!

One of the scripts had a sleep (waitUntil) statement and was executed in non-scheduled environment. This resulted in an endless script error report when no Nimitz was placed in a mission. This has hopefully been fixed.

Further the ambiance module saw improvements and fixes. Lastly, a new memory point on planes, pos_launchbar, is utilized to better align the plane with the catapults of the Nimitz.

Changelog:

Spoiler

2018-08-10 nimitzfunctions

- fix syncCatapult function

- fix ambiance 1 teleport to cat

2018-08-07 nimitzfunctions

- inline private in ttt_fnc_planeStart

2018-08-06 nimitzfunctions, model

- add *_shuttle_start mem points to nimspots

- use pos_launchbar and *_shuttle_start for a more precise catapult position

- remove waitUntil and log from fn_global

2018-08-04 nimitzfunctions

- ambiance means ambiance 1 module in the following changelog entry

- equip Tanker in ambiance with buddypod

- prefix alt with Tanker- for tanker planes in ambiance

- wait for plane to be airborne before calling land functions in ambiance

- add marker for SAR helo in ambiance

- teleport plane to elevator after towing, for safety, in ambiance

- raise tailhook after landing in ambiance

- disarm plane when on elevator in ambiance 

- enable growler support if present in ambiance

Mirrors:

Armaholic (0.102a): http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=23049

Steam Workshop (0.102a): https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=643530417

Some pics from a new showcase mission I'm creating with Unsung planes:

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

85E240A1A90AF20B794D14B9FD225E9582AA2BBF

Edited by TeTeT
Update mirrors
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 14.11.2018 at 11:15 AM, jonnyetiz said:

Hello, is it possible to disable the flight deck crew when doing the catapult?

Yes, there is an eden attribute that controls the function for the deck crew creation. Simply set this to { } and there should be no crew spawned.

3 hours ago, TeTeT said:

Yes, there is an eden attribute that controls the function for the deck crew creation. Simply set this to { } and there should be no crew spawned.

thank you kindly

Hi Guys!

I have a problem! If I use the Nimitz addon (include ttt_nimitzfunctions.pbo) it will not work the supply trucks (ammo/refuel/repair). Not possible other plane (not Nimitz plane) rearm/refuel/repair on the map. In fact not working all supply trucks or other supply addon, beacuse this would be very imported.

If I removed ttt_nimitzfunctions.pbo, the problem is fixed. But I can, this is not a solution to the problem, because it's not working the Nimitz functions (for example: catapults).

Thx! :)

@axtros, you might want to check Scripting the Nimitz, https://docs.google.com/document/d/1duUuO-0xLfjT57EidFdM6__GaNjChdp-HBV7xv2laqs/edit?usp=sharing 

Full quote from the doc:

Enabling refuel on map objects

The Nimtech GOM aircraft loadout menu disables refueling for map objects. To change this setting, add the following to the init of your mission:

//TTT_fnc_aircraftLoadout modified for use of vanilla resources

TTT_fnc_aircraftLoadout_NeedsFuelSource = false;

//(default: true) needs fuel supply within 50m of the aircraft or functions will be unavailable

TTT_fnc_aircraftLoadout_NeedsAmmoSource = false;

//(default: true) needs ammo supply within 50m of the aircraft or functions will be unavailable

TTT_fnc_aircraftLoadout_NeedsRepairSource = false;

//(default: true) needs repair supply within 50m of the aircraft or functions will be unavailable

TTT_fnc_removeFuelFromMapObjects = false;

//(default: true) will remove all fuel cargo from map objects like gas stations so players can't land on the roof of a gas station for a maintenance free refill, might affect other parts of your mission so choose carefully

true

For further references, check ttt_nimitzfunctions/fn_loadout/fn_aircraftLoadoutParameters.sqf

Hello,

we've put the experimental version of the Nimitz upon on steam: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1697731012

This is mainly useful for developers and those who are interested in the bleeding edge of mod development. Expect frequent breakage.

The full changelog for the experimental version can be found at https://tetet.de/arma/arma3/nimitz/experimental/Changelog.txt 

Spoiler

2019-03-30

- Fix landing statistics, available in the island ground floor

2018-12-25

- fixed general quarters sound on island base

2018-12-09

- replaced bombs with new weapons cart on weapons elevator

- add radar to island

- inherit from B_Radar_System_01_F for ttt_nimitz_radar

2018-12-08

- add new weapons cart, courtesy of USAF mod

- add landing statistics

2018-10-03 scripts, config

- introduce maxDistZ to specify the height on which the wires catch you

2018-09-06 scripts, nimitzfunctions

- print an error in Eden if the height of the Nimitz is not close to sea level

- expand range when IFLOLS can be used

In other news, Odyseus is re-modelling the island and makes good progress. However, real life comes first, so an update of the island will hopefully come later this year.

TeTeT

• Like 5