TeTeT

Preview release: Nimitz for Arma3 (0.103)

6 hours ago, TeTeT said:

Learn texturing and modelling and join the team :)

Hello TeTeT and Jdog before continuing let me tell you that I am a big fan of your work and that I am more than grateful and satisfied with your progress to date. Unfortunately it is not possible for me to donate resources to help the development due to the "special" situation of the place where I live and I am neither a 3D modeler nor texturize but they know that they have all my moral support in addition to offering to help in what is in my hand. For now I will limit myself to give you a couple of suggestions as they all do and I hope they will be useful.

• First: One thing I hate about the Bohemian carrier called Freedom is its lack of "life." For this reason, I prefer the Nimitz even though it is below the previous one in terms of modeling and texturing. My suggestion is the following: If possible, model everything inside the aircraft carrier ... or at least as much as possible. I mean to create the largest number of transitable rooms within the aircraft carrier. I know some will say that this has no functional objective, but I say that it will help a lot to recreate a much more realistic situation of the stay in an aircraft carrier in case of some missions in which this last is the leading factor
  • Second: You said earlier that you are not sure whether to embellish the aircraft carrier yourself or leave it to the mission editors. In my very personal opinion, I would prefer it to be you, because the truth is that we are not all very adept at using the 3d editor and we do not have a clear idea of what an aircraft carrier should look like on the inside. For these reasons I would prefer that you take care of the set, always leaving free areas strategically chosen for the use of the editors and players.
  • And Third: What I most hate of the Freedom is its lack of immersion, not only in the fact of not even having a smoke effect in its catapults, is that they did not even take the trouble to place a npc that would perform the launch animation just like you with the Nimitz. I saw that you recently uploaded a video showing the new animation during the takeoffs that already includes several npc instead of one, I must say that is delighted! My request is the following: Place a function in Nimitz or module which allows to generate the entire crew of the Nimitz, by this I mean engineers in the hangars making repairs animations (taking advantage of the set you set by default) technicians on the doors leading to the deck of flight, others already on the flight deck performing all kinds of actions simulating the hustle and bustle that exists in this specific area of an aircraft carrier (all of course well organized not to hinder the players or takeoffs or landings) and finally in the control tower. It also occurred to me that they could add to the action of checking the aircraft before taking off the function that a line of technicians would walk from the end of the runway to the beginning in order to clean it of any object that hinders the takeoff (rest of crashed planes or anything). Finally add sounds from the control tower of constant transmissions through the megaphone and the sound of the crew.

Finally thanks for your work, I hope that my suggestions will help you to improve even more or to come up with even better ideas.

1 hour ago, Yurichenco said:

My suggestion is the following: If possible, model everything inside the aircraft carrier

Even the cafeteria with HD sandwiches!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

@Yurichenco, Thank you for the praise and ideas, One of the limiting factors that comes to mind when we start talking about AI crew milling about the ship is simply the amount of clutter that needs to be calculated by the server in order to render 20 guys milling about the flight deck. So though it would be satisfying for the pilot who is about to TOP GUN it off of the carrier deck the rest of the mission may suffer a bit (LAG) due to the AI presence. Now this may be possible if we can integrate some kind of triggering method where when the player enters a zone, the AI are spawned in and despawned like the deck crew currently are but this would take some time to test and develop. My plan is to work next on a deck crew heli landing sequence. So stay tuned... 

On 3/23/2018 at 5:02 PM, Yurichenco said:

Hello TeTeT and Jdog before continuing let me tell you that I am a big fan of your work and that I am more than grateful and satisfied with your progress to date. Unfortunately it is not possible for me to donate resources to help the development due to the "special" situation of the place where I live and I am neither a 3D modeler nor texturize but they know that they have all my moral support in addition to offering to help in what is in my hand. For now I will limit myself to give you a couple of suggestions as they all do and I hope they will be useful.

• First: One thing I hate about the Bohemian carrier called Freedom is its lack of "life." For this reason, I prefer the Nimitz even though it is below the previous one in terms of modeling and texturing. My suggestion is the following: If possible, model everything inside the aircraft carrier ... or at least as much as possible. I mean to create the largest number of transitable rooms within the aircraft carrier. I know some will say that this has no functional objective, but I say that it will help a lot to recreate a much more realistic situation of the stay in an aircraft carrier in case of some missions in which this last is the leading factor
  • Second: You said earlier that you are not sure whether to embellish the aircraft carrier yourself or leave it to the mission editors. In my very personal opinion, I would prefer it to be you, because the truth is that we are not all very adept at using the 3d editor and we do not have a clear idea of what an aircraft carrier should look like on the inside. For these reasons I would prefer that you take care of the set, always leaving free areas strategically chosen for the use of the editors and players.
  • And Third: What I most hate of the Freedom is its lack of immersion, not only in the fact of not even having a smoke effect in its catapults, is that they did not even take the trouble to place a npc that would perform the launch animation just like you with the Nimitz. I saw that you recently uploaded a video showing the new animation during the takeoffs that already includes several npc instead of one, I must say that is delighted! My request is the following: Place a function in Nimitz or module which allows to generate the entire crew of the Nimitz, by this I mean engineers in the hangars making repairs animations (taking advantage of the set you set by default) technicians on the doors leading to the deck of flight, others already on the flight deck performing all kinds of actions simulating the hustle and bustle that exists in this specific area of an aircraft carrier (all of course well organized not to hinder the players or takeoffs or landings) and finally in the control tower. It also occurred to me that they could add to the action of checking the aircraft before taking off the function that a line of technicians would walk from the end of the runway to the beginning in order to clean it of any object that hinders the takeoff (rest of crashed planes or anything). Finally add sounds from the control tower of constant transmissions through the megaphone and the sound of the crew.

Finally thanks for your work, I hope that my suggestions will help you to improve even more or to come up with even better ideas.

Hello once again from the ARMA 3 NIMITZ DEV Team!!

News is coming in now from the shipyard about another feature which we were able to begin developing for the NIMITZ. Who would have guessed. We couldn't leave our Rotor Boys out of the action...

• Thanks 1

This is a major upgrade for the USS Nimitz in Arma 3. Please see the changelog for the changes of the last half year in detail. The highlights are:

The SAMs have been upgraded, so that the tubes are used one after each other. Also the modded missiles were replaced by vanilla RIM-116 and RIM-162 missiles. The AA crews are now responsive as they start on CombatMode Red.
A general quarters alarm was added to the Nimitz. It can be activated from the bridge or entrance of the island.
The displays and monitors on the bridge have now been made a hiddenselection, so they can be changed in a mission now.
The elevators are now settable to be lowered or raised when mission starts, check the Eden attribute for it. Unknown source to be attributed for the idea.
The launch crew and their animations have been overhauled thanks to Moose and NightIntruder. The launchcrew and shooter scripts can be overriden by a module attribute for the catapult module.
The landing sequence has been overhauled to play an alarm when a plane extends its tailhook in the carrier vincinity. The landing script is configurable via the arrest module.
The tailhook effect has been changed when a plane successfully traps, the hook is raised slightly now. Thanks to B10 for the template in the Jets DLC!
The Tilly is now drivable, albeit very crudely. It can also attach a plane or helo and release it.
The IFLOLS optical landing guidance system is now functional aboard the Nimitz. The IFLOLS script has been overhauled.
A new island texture has been provided by Odyseus and NightIntruder.
Drones likes the Sentinel should work with the catapult and arresting wire scripts now.
The ambiance module takes into account the carrier number and applies the appropriate F/A-18E/F skin from Jaentzen now.

20180329080232_1.jpg

20180329080341_1.jpg

Mirrors are being updated:

Release video:

Edited by TeTeT
added sw mirror
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 3

April 1st 2018: Entering the dry dock

It was our pleasure to provide you with regular updates for the USS Nimitz in Arma 3. But everything has to come to an end.

Effective now all work on Nimitz for Arma 3 ceases. This is in preparation to release it together with other mods for the future Arma 4, once Arma 4 becomes available. With this step we will also leave behind the donation based funding and introduce annual subscription fees.

On to a bright future, TeTeT

Edited by TeTeT
making date obvious
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

On 31.3.2018 at 4:24 PM, AtomicBoy said:

Can you explain how used the taxi script?

Hi, I'm afraid the taxi scripts in existence are far from prime time. They usually use setVelocity(ModelSpace) and setDir, which makes them look a bit funny. E.g. every few milliseconds the direction is adjusted by setDir, which kills the speed, so the plane or tractor movements looks abrupt.

TeTeT

26 minutes ago, nikiforos said:

Thank you for effort see you in Arma 4!

It was an April's fool joke. We start to work on Nimitz 0.101.

Cheers,
TeTeT

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

On 2/4/2018 at 4:15 AM, TeTeT said:

It was an April's fool joke. We start to work on Nimitz 0.101.

Cheers,
TeTeT

Unfortunately the old ambiance 1 flight ops and ttt_fnc_planeStart don't cooperate nicely with the new launchcrew function. If you want to use either, best to remove the new launchcrew function. For this place a catapult module and set the launchcrew and shooter function to return an empty array:

{ []; }

For clarification I've added this screenshot to steam: ?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

Is there some current documentation for this mod on how to set it up?

i am somewhat confused on what modules I have to place down for the Nimitz, and what I have to sync them too?

I cannot get the towing function to work, and planes and helicopters are blowing up at mission start?

i would PAY to have a template for Altis with everything set up and working with a mix of F/A-18s, and F-14s. Or is it possible to point me in the right direction for a how to guide.

do I only place modules if I am changing something? Or do all modules have to be placed?

I apologise that I am struggling a bit. 

1 hour ago, Farqman said:

Is there some current documentation for this mod on how to set it up?

• Thanks 2

12 hours ago, Farqman said:

I keep getting a game crash about 90% of the time when I try and tow something?

https://imgur.com/a/zJr83yU

What towing method do you use? The one in the Nimitz pbo's is no longer maintained and may well crash the game. 

Hello,

First I want to thank you for the amazing work you guys do on the Nimitz AC mod.

I have a question though, in this video we can clearly see that the catapult crew wears different colors of uniforms but when I try the game at home the crew only wears the classic mtp vanilla uniform. Is there a way to change that ?

Thanks

@calahan59, you can load the following mods and they will automatically be picked for the crew:

• Flight Deck Crew
  • Futarm Maritime Units
  • CUP units

There's a new deck crew mod on steam workshop I believe, we will add that too on the next update (whenever that will be).

1 hour ago, TeTeT said:

@calahan59, you can load the following mods and they will automatically be picked for the crew:

• Flight Deck Crew
  • Futarm Maritime Units
  • CUP units

There's a new deck crew mod on steam workshop I believe, we will add that too on the next update (whenever that will be).

I will check for those mods. Thanks for your answer.