TeTeT

Preview release: Nimitz for Arma3 (0.103)

hey guys would it be possible to get permission to add this big beast on Australia map?

Unholy, interesting find, I've seen it once too, but could not reproduce it. Please test calling

[Nimitz] call ttt_fnc_resetWires;

to see if it helps.

Auss, I don't see any problems with that. However, please wait some 48 hours for a final confirmation from me, currently travelling.

Unholy, interesting find, I've seen it once too, but could not reproduce it. Please test calling

[Nimitz] call ttt_fnc_resetWires;

to see if it helps.

Auss, I don't see any problems with that. However, please wait some 48 hours for a final confirmation from me, currently travelling.

sure thing

Aradol, looks great, if you don't mind sharing I can add it to the next download. If it's a composition would it include the Nimitz itself, or would it automatically center around the carrier?

Aradol, looks great, if you don't mind sharing I can add it to the next download. If it's a composition would it include the Nimitz itself, or would it automatically center around the carrier?

There is no scripting to center it over a model, it is just some placed markers and the carrier itself. Here is a link to the composition.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uatftx0pc16ojnb/Nimitz%2520Markers.zip?dl=0

Also the text can get hard to read depending on zoom level, so please feel free to tweak the markers.

MrMrBaum, we have plans to add more functional rooms to the carrier, but to be honest without a dedicated modeller this is gonna be very rough. Currently I haven't allocated all the donations received so far, maybe a CIC room is within the budget.

Jacky has published a new tutorial/documentation video on the Nimitz. We're currently planning to add a speaker to it, stay tuned. Here's the current version: 

Thanks Jacky!

• Like 3

Quick question...

I know that the Nimitz will automatically detect some of the older "flight crew" mods.

What about CUP? or RHS?  I know that CUP now has a full complement of Ship crew.  Will the Nimitz automatically use those assets when using CUP or a similar mod and..if not...how can we get those Crew models to replace the vanilla models when we choose to "populate deck"?

autigergrad, the code for the carrier crew selection checks for Flight Deck Crew, Futarm Maritime, CUP and vanilla. In that particular order:

#include "Config.h"

private ["_ret"];
_ret = SOLDIERS_STD;

if (isclass(configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> "CUP_B_USMC_Pilot")) then {
        _ret = SOLDIERS_CUP;
};

if (isClass(configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> "FUTARM_PILOT_MT")) then {
  _ret = SOLDIERS_FUTARM;
};

if (isClass(configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> "FDC_GRAPE")) then {
  _ret = SOLDIERS_FDC;
};

_ret

You can use it in your own scripts via

private _soldiers = [] call TTT_fnc_soldierTypes;

Returned is an array of unit types with the following index to type match:

#define WHITE 0
#define YELLOW 1
#define GREEN 2
#define GRAPE 3
#define RED 4
#define BLUE 5
#define BROWN 6
#define SOLDIER 7
#define PILOT 8

The populate carrier does not place any crew currently. If you dislike any placement of a vehicle via populate carrier, just delete or move the vehicle in question.

TeTeT

Hello, TeTeT, I have a frankly insane question about the Nimitz. If this just irritates you or pisses you off, I apologize in advance. So, here we go. Would it be even remotely possible for the Nimitz to be retextured into other carriers of the class? Thanks.

8 hours ago, Polyus said:

Hello, TeTeT, I have a frankly insane question about the Nimitz. If this just irritates you or pisses you off, I apologize in advance. So, here we go. Would it be even remotely possible for the Nimitz to be retextured into other carriers of the class? Thanks.

I think it would be an interesting feature, at least the number might be made exchangeable. I once started on this, but couldn't figure out how to make the number on the island a selection so it could be used as hiddenselection. Maybe I should try again. Another option would be to hide the aft mast, as I believe the newer Nimitz class carriers have none anymore.

• Like 1

I have a few thoughts on that.  Might have to ping you on IM :)

Hi TeTeT, nice work on the Nimitz I quite enjoy making some mission with friends in it. But recently I faced some minor problems, the Nimitz engine and elevator sound didn't work for me, at least a week ago it still worked tho. When I was aboard I only hear water splashing and some rocks falling like you are walking ashore. The modules is working btw only the sound isn't producing. Any suggestion ? 

narrundo, thanks for the bug report. I just tested and haven't gotten any elevator or other sounds either. I'm not sure what broke it. The engine sound is actually a vehicle engine and the elevator is played back with playSound3D:

playSound3D ["\JDG_carrier\sounds\elevator.ogg", _elevator, false, getPosASL _elevator, 20, 1, 300];

Somehow both do not seem to work any longer. I'm looking for ideas. Note that an earlier version of the Nimitz used say3d with remoteExec, but that made the sound heard unrealistically far away.

Hey TeTeT I tried to reproduce this problem with Nimitz and CBA mod only on Altis and this is what my logs looks like :

9:53:19 Client: Nonnetwork object 63a65080.
 9:53:19 Client: Nonnetwork object 62624180.
 9:53:19 c:\w\stable\futura\lib\network\networkserver.cpp NetworkServer::OnClientStateChanged:NOT IMPLEMENTED - briefing!
 9:53:19 "Flightdeck activated (diag_log)"
 9:53:19 "Hangar activated"
 9:53:19 "Briefing activated"
 9:53:19 [31017,142.692,0,"XEH: PostInit started. MISSIONINIT: missionName=tempMissionMP, missionVersion=52, worldName=Altis, isMultiplayer=true, isServer=true, isDedicated=false, CBA_isHeadlessClient=false, hasInterface=true, didJIP=false"]
 9:53:19 [31017,142.744,0,"CBA_VERSIONING: cba=3.1.2.161105, "]
 9:53:19 [31017,142.749,0,"XEH: PostInit finished."]
 9:53:23 Loading movesType CfgMovesBird
 9:53:23 Creating action map cache
 9:53:23 MovesType CfgMovesBird load time 20 ms
 9:53:23  Mission id: c9d90d6cd92734fb2e46732d4ac055b452c01ed0
 9:53:47 Sound: Error: File: \JDG_carrier\sounds\elevator.ogg not found !!!
 9:54:39 Loading movesType CfgMovesFishes_F
 9:54:39 Creating action map cache
 9:54:39 MovesType CfgMovesFishes_F load time 44 ms

somehow the elevator.ogg can't be read by the game I guess. Maybe this will help you to resolve the issue.

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 8:15 PM, TeTeT said:

I think it would be an interesting feature, at least the number might be made exchangeable. I once started on this, but couldn't figure out how to make the number on the island a selection so it could be used as hiddenselection. Maybe I should try again. Another option would be to hide the aft mast, as I believe the newer Nimitz class carriers have none anymore.

As far as I could tell, the Bush and the Reagan are the only ones that lack it, so you could get 8/10 without changing the model. I could just be looking at old photos though.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, narrundo said:

Hey TeTeT I tried to reproduce this problem with Nimitz and CBA mod only on Altis and this is what my logs looks like :

somehow the elevator.ogg can't be read by the game I guess. Maybe this will help you to resolve the issue.

Thanks, pointed to the right direction. Somehow the engine does not like the leading \ any longer, it seems. Stay tuned for an update.

• Like 2

This is release 0.98 for the Nimitz in Arma 3. Some sounds stopped working on the carrier: elevator, jet blast deflector, wire trap and wire break and engine sound. But for the engine sound the sounds were able to be fixed. Further the air defenses in Eden are using attachTo again and hence don't fall overboard when moving and turning the carrier in Eden. Note that some anomalies can still be observed in game, as the setPos of the air defenses is not that reliable. Thanks to Foxone/TheSn4k3 a new test engine stand was added to the Nimitz objects.

The changelog since 0.97 is very short, the full changelog is available at http://tetet.de/arma/arma3/nimitz/Changelog.txt.

2017-02-19 scripts

- remove leading \ from playSound3D sounds

2016-10-25 scripts

- use attachTo for air defenses in Eden

Updated mirrors:

1. PWS - http://withsix.com/p/Arma-3/mods/uNhyW95L4xGkDwAVF72WTA/uss-nimitz
  2. Armaholic - http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=23049
Edited by TeTeT
added armaholic link
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, kremator said:

Could we get other mirrors please.  I don't use PWS.

Armaholic and steam have been informed.

• Like 1