TeTeT

Preview release: Nimitz for Arma3 (0.103)

autigergrad, I get some script errors when using ambiance 1, but the towing and launch works. What version of Lesh's towing mod are you using? The latest should be 0.4, available for example from http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=29737

Also did you load CBA?

I just redownload Lesh to make sure, I also have the latest CBA.

Here is what is occuring.  

.eJwNxEEOwiAQBdC7cADgD-MUexlDKKE1rRAYV8a

Note:  The tractor will drive over to the catapult...the Hornet starts up its engine...then the Hornet warps over to the catapult and takes off.  The only part of this that doesn't seem to be working is this part..the actual animation of the plane being towed over to the catapult.

I just redownload Lesh to make sure, I also have the latest CBA.

Here is what is occuring.  

Note:  The tractor will drive over to the catapult...the Hornet starts up its engine...then the Hornet warps over to the catapult and takes off.  The only part of this that doesn't seem to be working is this part..the actual animation of the plane being towed over to the catapult.

Hey, You need to copy the optional pbo for peral's airfield logistics from the optionals folder to the addons folder. That should fix the problem you are having.

• Like 1

Hey, You need to copy the optional pbo for peral's airfield logistics from the optionals folder to the addons folder. That should fix the problem you are having.

Thanks Lesh.  That fixed it.

One other thing.....   When I enable flight operations.... I noticed that I'm still hearing the sounds of takeoffs/landings, etc. even when myself and my unit are off the carrier and on another part of the map.  Is this a known issue?  

One other thing.....   When I enable flight operations.... I noticed that I'm still hearing the sounds of takeoffs/landings, etc. even when myself and my unit are off the carrier and on another part of the map.  Is this a known issue?  

Nope, was not aware of that. I would reckon it happens with all take offs and not only AI? It seems there's no cat launch sound when on the far side of Tanoa, but if you're just 1-2km away, it's still very loud. Not sure what we can do there, it's just a regular say / say3D call.

This is release 0.97 for the Nimitz in Arma 3. The catapults in 0.96 were bugged due to an uninitialized variable. While it is sufficient to exchange the ttt_nimitzfunctions.pbo this release has been made available for ease of use.

Besides the bug fix for the catapults post processing effects, other fixes made it into the release:

o playSound3D is now used, limiting the distance the plane launch and arrest sounds can be heard

o the AI landing routine now uses a lower approach speed, reducing the amount of flight deck used when AI lands

o the ambiance module now checks for Lesh's towing capability and will point out if a PBO for the tractor is missing

o the CUP tractor is now supported in the ambiance module, albeit it does not work very well yet

o the ttt_fnc_global has been made more robust

The changelog since 0.96 is really short, the full changelog is available at http://tetet.de/arma/arma3/nimitz/Changelog.txt.

2016-10-22 scripts

- replace say3D with playSound3D

- reduce approach in touchdown

- properly initialize disable PP effects

- add canTow check to ambiance

- add CUP tractor support for ambiance, partially broken still

- make ttt_fnc_global more robust

This post will be updated when the mirrors become available. If you have Nimitz in Arma 3 0.96 installed, you merely need

http://tetet.de/arma/arma3/nimitz/ttt_nimitzfunctions-0.97.zip(7.1 MB).

Mirrors:

o Armaholic: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=23049

o Play With Six: http://withsix.com/p/Arma-3/mods/uNhyW95L4xGkDwAVF72WTA/USS-Nimitz

o Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=643530417

Edited by TeTeT
  • Like 3

Nimitz just keeps getting better and better.  I love the detail.

One thing I noticed though, is that the wire trap area seems a bit big.  I'll be sure i'm going to bolter since I touch down about half way down the landing area, and as I add power and start to lift off again, it will say wire caught.  And, btw, there seems to be a delay in that too.  Went off the edge and ejected and the RIO in my F-14 died.  GOOOOOSE!  lol

Like, the plane was just hanging off the edge of the flight deck.

Thanks for the kind words. To be honest, the wires are on purpose very forgiving. So even I can land a plane on the Nimitz. I would like to make the wires settings configurable, eventually the MAAS will be used as a testbed for this.

AMAZING WORK GUYS. Love it, keeps getting better and better every update. I do have a question though, do all plan on developing the fire tractor and other deck equipment? Make it even more unique if there was more things you could do on the ship then just tow and launch the air craft.

Will someone please link me to a template that shows how to set up all of the Hornets on the Carrier to be towed, launched with player pilot, etc.?

Also..can I have players launch Hornets and STILL use the ambiance module as well with AI pilots running sorties in conjunction with human players towing, taking off, etc.?

Tetet..I think it would be helpful to link several of the types of Nimitz templates in your first post to help folks find the latest tutorials to help utilize all of the Nimitz functionality.  Trying to google Nimitz templates, etc. tends to lead to missions that are over 3 years old and obviously outdated.  Thanks for all of the great additions.  Great stuff.

Hi everybody, 

first of all, I would like to congrat TeTeT for carry forward this wonderful Nimitz! For sure one of the best addons for Arma 3, in my opinion.

I have the following problem: I added an empty Nimitz in Eden editor.  Placed an AI unit as Independent faction on deck and, at the mission parameters, configured the Independent as BLUFOR enemies.

Result: The air defense weapons of Nimitz shoot the independent AI and this retaliates.

Even disabling the option "Arm AA defenses" or setting Nimitz ammo at "0".

Any ideas on how to solve? 

What I want is to have AI units of another faction occupying the Nimitz's deck without seing the air defenses as enemies (reciprocally), but, by other hand, being these AIs's faction, enemy to BLUFOR.

Will someone please link me to a template that shows how to set up all of the Hornets on the Carrier to be towed, launched with player pilot, etc.?

Also..can I have players launch Hornets and STILL use the ambiance module as well with AI pilots running sorties in conjunction with human players towing, taking off, etc.?

Tetet..I think it would be helpful to link several of the types of Nimitz templates in your first post to help folks find the latest tutorials to help utilize all of the Nimitz functionality.  Trying to google Nimitz templates, etc. tends to lead to missions that are over 3 years old and obviously outdated.  Thanks for all of the great additions.  Great stuff.

Hello autigergrad, placing any plane on the carrier will add catapult, arresting wires, fuel, iflols functions to it within 5 seconds. The type of plane does not matter, hence you can see people landing and launching land base large transport aircraft from the Nimitz. For towing you need to look into Lesh's towing mod and setup that up with the optional PBOs needed for your addon pack.

The easiest path to populate the carrier is via the Eden populate carrier function, see 

Note that for this way to populate the carrier no AI flight operations are implemented as of now. This will change in the future.

On general templates, that would be great to have. Would you be interested in doing the leg work and compile a list of what works with 0.97? I do not have any overview what exists there out in the wild.

Hi everybody, 

first of all, I would like to congrat TeTeT for carry forward this wonderful Nimitz! For sure one of the best addons for Arma 3, in my opinion.

I have the following problem: I added an empty Nimitz in Eden editor.  Placed an AI unit as Independent faction on deck and, at the mission parameters, configured the Independent as BLUFOR enemies.
Result: The air defense weapons of Nimitz shoot the independent AI and this retaliates.
Even disabling the option "Arm AA defenses" or setting Nimitz ammo at "0".
Any ideas on how to solve? 

What I want is to have AI units of another faction occupying the Nimitz's deck without seing the air defenses as enemies (reciprocally), but, by other hand, being these AIs's faction, enemy to BLUFOR.

Hi Unholy, thanks for your kind words. Keep in mind though that it is a team effort, there are quite a few participants listed in the CREDITS :)

The air defenses are rigged to the blufor side. You can disable the crews or delete the air defenses completely via this line in the Init Box of the Nimitz:

{ {deleteVehicle _x;} foreach crew _x; deleteVehicle _x; } foreach (this getVariable "ttt_nimitz_defenses"); 

The Init Box can be found via right click, Attributes on the carrier icon.

AMAZING WORK GUYS. Love it, keeps getting better and better every update. I do have a question though, do all plan on developing the fire tractor and other deck equipment? Make it even more unique if there was more things you could do on the ship then just tow and launch the air craft.

Thanks :) An enthusiast has started working on a fire tractor, hopefully we can add it to the Nimitz at some point in the future. For 0.95 final and following I sourced a number of models from cgtrader and if there would be any donations I'd continue down this path. But currently we sit at 3 donations, although for a nice lump sum. In other words: I wouldn't bet on any more ambiance objects right now.

TeTeT

• Like 1

i cant get units to spaw on flight dech using flightdeck modul...

it works perfectly in editor but on server it spawns units inn water

Hi Unholy, thanks for your kind words. Keep in mind though that it is a team effort, there are quite a few participants listed in the CREDITS  :)

Sorry! So, compliments to all the team!

The air defenses are rigged to the blufor side. You can disable the crews or delete the air defenses completely via this line in the Init Box of the Nimitz:

{ {deleteVehicle _x;} foreach crew _x; deleteVehicle _x; } foreach (this getVariable "ttt_nimitz_defenses"); 

The Init Box can be found via right click, Attributes on the carrier icon.

Thanks a lot! This will solve my issue!

I've just downloaded and installed all 3 mods for the USS Nimitz. I have the F-18 sitting on the deck ready to launch. However, I can hear the engine rev-up but no take off. I tried to use an AI Pilot I get the same rev-up but no take off. Can someone please tell me exactly what steps to use to take off. or point me to a tutorial. I also read that i may have to raise to F-18 off the deck a bit but I don't know how to do that procedure with the Eden Editor. Please Help.. 

i cant get units to spaw on flight dech using flightdeck modul...

it works perfectly in editor but on server it spawns units inn water

loopdk, any reason why you don't place the planes in Eden on deck? That seems to work best. I just tested to sync a F-18 with flight deck module and it had its gear retracted and engine on, so that seems to be quite broken now. I used the hosted multiplayer environment, if that's of any help.

I've just downloaded and installed all 3 mods for the USS Nimitz. I have the F-18 sitting on the deck ready to launch. However, I can hear the engine rev-up but no take off. I tried to use an AI Pilot I get the same rev-up but no take off. Can someone please tell me exactly what steps to use to take off. or point me to a tutorial. I also read that i may have to raise to F-18 off the deck a bit but I don't know how to do that procedure with the Eden Editor. Please Help.. 

Deathrow Bo Dean, please take a look at Arma3Nimitz.pdf, section players, page 6. The section is labelled Catapult launches.

Hello autigergrad, placing any plane on the carrier will add catapult, arresting wires, fuel, iflols functions to it within 5 seconds. The type of plane does not matter, hence you can see people landing and launching land base large transport aircraft from the Nimitz. For towing you need to look into Lesh's towing mod and setup that up with the optional PBOs needed for your addon pack.

The easiest path to populate the carrier is via the Eden populate carrier function, see 

Note that for this way to populate the carrier no AI flight operations are implemented as of now. This will change in the future.

On general templates, that would be great to have. Would you be interested in doing the leg work and compile a list of what works with 0.97? I do not have any overview what exists there out in the wild.

Ok, 

So is there even a need to place NImitz modules anymore?  As soon as I place a plane on the deck..it automatically gets the catapult, fuel, etc. options?  

Which modules still need to be placed and of those, which modules need to be synced to the plane or carrier itself?

I think that's the biggest confusion I have as I think I remember someone saying that some modules that needed to be synced in the past..don't need to be now.  

I hope that makes sense.

Thanks :) An enthusiast has started working on a fire tractor, hopefully we can add it to the Nimitz at some point in the future. For 0.95 final and following I sourced a number of models from cgtrader and if there would be any donations I'd continue down this path. But currently we sit at 3 donations, although for a nice lump sum. In other words: I wouldn't bet on any more ambiance objects right now.

TeTeT

Sweat Jesus, I'm so happy to here that the fire tractor is being worked on :lol:. Its understandable that things are slow and some things wont be add dew to low donations. I do have a question about the carrier deck. Ive noticed in some youtube videos on US Carriers, there is a line marked (red & white dashes & and the yellow on the landing strip) on the deck for like the deck crew to stand behind when the aircraft is taking off so the shooter know your clear of the air craft. Is this planed in the future or did the Nimitz not have these line on the deck? cvn69_07.jpg1c10b2f7-b5f9-4bc9-a1a6-caf6

I still don't get it. I have the carrier installed ok. I have the F-18's and the Marines installed ok. I have the F18 on the deck. It starts up but I can't get it to move. I see no Opiton to configure my joystick for airplanes. My helicopters fly just fine with the joystick. I see nothing for me to press with my mouse wheel button to launch the F-18. I can place a helicopter on the deck an fly it off the deck. i watched some youtube's for some help and on of them said to raise your F-18 up off the deck a little. when I do this the F-18 falls back down to the deck when the game starts. Can someone please give me some strait answers to my problem? OR, point me towards a tutorial or something.

Deathrow Bo Dean, do you use your Joystick/Throttle to apply thrust? I'm afraid that doesn't always work in the arma engine on the carrier. Use the shift key to apply thrust and see if that helps.

• Like 1

So is there even a need to place NImitz modules anymore?  As soon as I place a plane on the deck..it automatically gets the catapult, fuel, etc. options?  

Which modules still need to be placed and of those, which modules need to be synced to the plane or carrier itself?

The one module you need to place and sync with the soldiers is the boat module, as it defines the boat that will be spawned. The other modules are synced with your units and planes automatically every 5 seconds. We added this as there were quite a few complaints that the module syncing was a hard to use beast, especially with respawned units and planes.

... Ive noticed in some youtube videos on US Carriers, there is a line marked (red & white dashes & and the yellow on the landing strip) on the deck for like the deck crew to stand behind when the aircraft is taking off so the shooter know your clear of the air craft. ...

I guess we need a texturer for this work to be completed. Currently there is nobody working on such improvements, which are needed.

Thank's for the tip about the thrust feature. TeTet. 1  more ?. Where do I find or get the USS Nimitz pdf file?  

It should come with your download. For convenience I uploaded the PDFs here:

http://tetet.de/arma/arma3/nimitz/ArmA2NimitzReadme.pdf

http://tetet.de/arma/arma3/nimitz/ArmA3Nimitz.pdf

http://tetet.de/arma/arma3/nimitz/ArmA3NimitzModules.pdf (some what out dated)

• Like 1

!Thank's Again; I was able to get the F-18 Hornet to launch off of the deck. It did not have any joystick control so in the water I did go.  I did not have the PDFs then. I will read them it today, This ship is a very addition to A3. !BRAVO TeTet,  

Follow up: ---> 11/12/2016 

Last night I found the Joy-Stick config in the Arma3 Options\Controls\ listed as "PLANE" not "airplane". I set the configs and it's all good now. Thank;s again  for all Your help.....DBD

• Like 1

Hi again guys!

I want to report a bug that I faced more than once during multiplayer missions: Nimitz's braking cable remains in the "stretched" position, as if it were engaged in the F-18 hook, even after the plane has been removed (tail hook up ). It does not always happen in the same landing attempt (sometimes it is already in the first, other times not). Once the cable is "stuck" in the "engaged" position, the system no longer functions and the landings are impossible.

Is there a way to avoid the problem?

Images of the situation:

loBneec.jpgAIIbqMp.jpgZiOm62f.jpg