TeTeT

Preview release: Nimitz for Arma3 (0.103)

do you guys think youll ever get the girl moving, my way of thinking is using the same system burnies did his mk10 with a ship and loading system.. so the loading mode would be when players could move freely round the ship and planes and helicopters could land and when in ship mode well players would be stuck in place and same with planes and helicopters

do you guys think youll ever get the girl moving, my way of thinking is using the same system burnies did his mk10 with a ship and loading system.. so the loading mode would be when players could move freely round the ship and planes and helicopters could land and when in ship mode well players would be stuck in place and same with planes and helicopters

It is not possible to get ships over 50 meters moving in Arma, as the engine just can't handle it, this is something that has been discussed here before, and is something people should know of by now. so for anyone in the future, the anwser is NO, its not possible!

This is the 0.95 final release. It took us a little bit longer than anticipated and we hope you will like the result. The focus of this update are clearly ambient objects within and on the flightdeck of the carrier. The core functionality stayed the same, the SQF functions upgrade had to be postponed to a later date.

There are now different objects available to equip the carrier: air defenses, bunk beds, lockers, medical station, briefing chair and screen, pipes, nautical bridge, a fuel pipe and Tilly crash crane. Kudos for these new objects go to Megadeth, TheSn4k3 and two contracted modellers from cgtrader. Also the remainder of the hangar was textured by Odyseus, who also gave us the option for a new entrance to the weapons elevator from hangar level. Unfortunately the scripts for the elevator are not able to use this yet. And another thanks to hcpookie for giving his expertise to the sea sparrow launcher.

Further the Eden editor is better utilised now, some attributes and a Tools -> Nimitz entry is available now for populating the carrier. We also got some contributors for sample missions: Arrhythmix created a sample respawn mission for a helicopter and plane that you can blow up and they will automatically respawn on the flightdeck; Mr Jacky created an ambient mission showcasing a lot of the new equipment; Moose provided a mission with a lot of ambiance when launching aircraft. 

As the addition of paid-for models was for us quite a novelty, we ask for donations now to further source models. On our wishlist are a radar station / CIC room, airboss room, fire fighting carrier car and better lowest deck interiour rooms. The donation button can be found at http://tetet.de/arma/arma3/nimitz/donate.html

Thanks to M. and B. for your donations! Much appreciated.

The full changelog since start of July is here:

2016-09-21 nimtech_aa

- Added proper MainGun selection to Phalanx mem points

2016-09-19 model, scripts

- Restricted air defense turning on Nimitz

- Made mk29 sparrow launch sound louder

- Enlarged medical room, new subsection

- Added another map board to briefing room (index 9)

- Remove cba debug output from IFLOLS

- Added joe_beds

2016-09-18 scripts

- Increase brake speed of wires

- Use remoteExec to show smoke on every client

2016-09-16 nimitzfunctions, scripts

- Fix placement of Eden objects at correct height

- Add tractors to ambiance

2016-09-15 nimtech-aa

- Add weight to Mk29 sea sparrow launcher

- Add fire geo to Phalanx and RIM-116

2016-09-11 model, nimtech

- Patched hangar door in hangar4

- Removed ceiling from weapons room

- Added named selections to weapons room

- Re-enabled weapons elevator

- Added Jacky.paa for locker sign

2016-09-09 model, config

- Remove odd object from bridge

- Invert map of Altis on bridge

- Show Chernarus map on map room

- Add zodiac proxy to boat room

- Remove scripted zodiac from boat room

2016-09-05 config

- add Eden attribute for briefing room

- add Tanoa map

2016-09-04 model

- enlarge medical room hangar5

- remove pipes from hangar3

- add roadway and geo lod to gangway hangar3

- remove blocking geo lod hangar2

2016-09-02 model, scripts

- restore old lower hangar

- remove debugging output

- put IFLOLS 50 cm higher

2016-08-26 config, scripts

- add builtin and ambiance Eden properties

2016-08-23 scripts

- add fn_syncLoop, encapsulating the auto sync of planes and men

- introduce ttt_builtinSleep to alter sleep duration for auto sync

2016-08-21 config

- add joe_nauticalbridge as dependency

2016-08-13 model

- re-work geo lod for hangar_1

- remove components for geometric occluders

- widen entrace between hangar7 and 8

2016-08-08 model, nimtech

- add attendant=1 to med objects in nimtech for ACE compatibility

- add geometric occluders to hull_0 to 3

- apply rvmat to fuel station

- fix p3d of hull 0

2016-08-07 model

- added more internal lights

- removed the fake sound vehicle and embedded engine sound in Nimitz

- add wire3pos and wire4pos to carrier_10

- medical station peeked out of the hull, fixed

- added MedStation1 mempoint to hangar_5

2016-08-05 nimtech

- retextured fuel station, by TheSn4k3

2016-08-05 nimtech, config.cpp, model

- clean up JDG_Carrier config.cpp

- split medical assets in individual models

- add refuel and ACE refuel capability to fuel pump

- add nimtech_acecompat pbo as option

- add nimlightsInternal for hangar lights

2016-08-03 tilly

- add wreck removal action to Tilly

2016-08-02 model

- TheSn4k3 added lid to locker when opened

- Megadeth contributed static Tilly crash crane

2016-07-31 model, init

- added air defense init script

- model improvements by Odyseus

- hangar 3 fully textured!

- hangar 4 partially textured

- add ttt_nimtech and ttt_nimtech_aa pbos

ATTENTION: make sure to delete the old @Nimitz folder when applying the update, otherwise the Mk29 Sea Sparrow will not be working.

• Like 1

???

He had posted a question saw it in my email notification), but I guess he figured it out himself! ^^

He had posted a question saw it in my email notification), but I guess he figured it out himself! ^^

i guess so aha

Nimitz attack ai heli and aircrafts only if they shoot first . is it planned  or bug?

Nimitz attack ai heli and aircrafts only if they shoot first . is it planned  or bug?

Your testing is off. The Nimitz defenses attack first as well, as you can see in the release video at

They do not attack first always though.

The defenses however seem to take a certain amount of time to warm up or so. I experimented with combat mode and behaviour, but results were inconclusive. However, the medium to long term plan is to have a more integrated air defense system in control, certainly inspired by hcpookie's excellent SAM pack.

Does this mean we would have to spawn a bluefor nimitz? or can we man it somehow?

Love the update, but more than that I love how polite TeTeT is in his videos.  :D

• Like 1

Does this mean we would have to spawn a bluefor nimitz? or can we man it somehow?

The Nimitz is always a blufor asset, at most empty, without crew. You can choose the automatic manning of the air defences with an Eden attribute of the Carrier object.

Just wondering if there is a google drive link or anything? I seem to be having a problem downloading from Armaholic today-and not just this mod. Tried a couple of things today and downloads just wont start, or if they do the pbo file wont extract saying it is incomplete.

Hi TeTeT I just watched you're video of the Nimitz, looking good I used it for an Op a while back and it was glitchy as hell seems like you're doing some good work.  You mentioned you were having shadow LOD issues care to explain what was happening.  I've been creating them for an M16 and had some problems myself that I managed to solve.  If it's easier for you you can jump on the 3CB TS and talk it through with me.

Hi andy1,

thanks for your interest! The problem is with the Tilly crash crane. I copied lod 0, sharpened and triangulated it, did check faces and removed those that were marked red. Still the Tilly often showed a straight line shadow from the top of the crane to the player. I could not figure out how to fix this. Any suggestions what to try?

TeTeT

I take it this is all in Object Builder?  I was creating a very rough shadow LOD in Blender and was experiencing stretching when exporting to across.  Just wondering if you need to create a simpler model than using the LOD 0.  I don't know how many faces you have.

Great work! This mod is a lifesaver for those wanting to attack from offshore!

Thank you for your hard work!

Hi andy1,

thanks for your interest! The problem is with the Tilly crash crane. I copied lod 0, sharpened and triangulated it, did check faces and removed those that were marked red. Still the Tilly often showed a straight line shadow from the top of the crane to the player. I could not figure out how to fix this. Any suggestions what to try?

TeTeT

Yeah I can tell you all about shadow lod's as well. :)

Bottom line, you need a few attributes to ensure shadow works correctly.  Structure > Triangulate.  Simple enough...

You also have to have 'closed' geometry.  Never use the Oxygen tool for "close geometry" as it is really piss-poor, and attempts to "calculate" or whatever the open areas and adds faces to those open areas until it either closes it or reaches some built-in stop point.  You end up with numerous duplicate faces on the same place.   Really a mess.  I usually just manually close the geo and make judicious use of the points "merge near" feature.  Undo is your friend :)

Worst times I have is when a model is imported from elsewhere and there are double-sided faces.  Inevitably one of those will get reversed, and now that section is "open" by the geometry check.  You might be able to find those and reverse those faces back, but usually you have to delete the faces and recreate them to make sure the engine correctly sees it as "closed".  Tedious.

love the update  :)  you do know (probably you do :P ) that some of the texures on the bridge monitors are up side down or on there side ?  :P

yet again realy love the update  :D  :D