TeTeT

Preview release: Nimitz for Arma3 (0.103)

seems like it would have been easier to simply type it:

F18 (spartan/saul)

Futarm maritime units

F14 Firewill

Towing by leshrack

airfield logistics by peral

However a "here is my cool mod list" reply isn't really what he was asking for.

I am not aware there is one... you'll just have to load it up and go exploring :D

Is there any manual or documentation on what all those "Nimitz" modules do and how to use them? In particular, I'd like to launch an AI plane from the catapult. Also, is that possible to replace the default soldier on the catapult with, say, CUP LHD crewmember?

There's some documentation on the modules in http://tetet.de/arma/arma3/nimitz/html/, it's probably not complete any longer. I didn't see much interest in it, so didn't really maintain it. The complete launch to landing cycle can be seen in the traffic mission: http://tetet.de/arma/arma3/nimitz/missions/%5bSP%5dNimitzTraffic.Stratis.7z For launching a plane take a look at ttt_nimitzfunctions\fn_ambiance\fn_planeStart.sqf (ttt_fnc_planeStart):

_plane = [Nimitz, _plane, _catapultNumber] call ttt_fnc_planeStart; 

The function should return the plane once it's launched. A more ambiance oriented function is in ttt_nimitzfunctions\fn_ambiance\fn_flightOps.sqf (ttt_fnc_fligtOps). It needs three addons:

1. JS_JC_FA18

2. lesh_towing

3. Peral_Airfield_Logistics

You can stop the flight operations by setting 'doFlightOps' to false in the carrier object.

On the CUP LHD crew, I believe I had added them at some time, but forgot to add this to the repository. For now you have to use either Flightdeck Crew or the already mentioned Futarm Maritime Units.

TeTeT

Edited by TeTeT
  • Like 1

Thanks. The module list has helped, it seems like many of them aren't very useful in Eden and/or with the F-18, but there's a handful that seem to be of use.

I'll check out the plane launching function.

OK, it seems that something is wrong with the function. I set up a simple test case, with this in onActivation field of a trigger:

_plane = [Nimitz, wingplane, 3] call ttt_fnc_planeStart; 

wingplane is my wingman's plane I want to launch. It seems to activate the catapult, but the plane either explodes or does nothing, and the whole thing throws an error (caution, large image):
http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/495780761302379855/6F38DA6B28C9FE4C4F10B74859469D1B2FDC43A0/

OK, it seems that something is wrong with the function. I set up a simple test case, with this in onActivation field of a trigger:

_plane = [Nimitz, wingplane, 3] call ttt_fnc_planeStart;

wingplane is my wingman's plane I want to launch. It seems to activate the catapult, but the plane either explodes or does nothing, and the whole thing throws an error (caution, large image):

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/495780761302379855/6F38DA6B28C9FE4C4F10B74859469D1B2FDC43A0/

You're activating the trigger before the Nimitz is loaded, I believe. If you add a 'time > 0' to the condition it should work better. I've prepared a small sample mission for you, using spawn and sleep in the init line of the plane: http://tetet.de/arma/arma3/nimitz/experimental/missions/%5bsp%5dAICatLaunch.Tanoa.pbo

TeTeT

• Like 1

I'm certainly not. I forgot to mention that the trigger activates on "Radio Alpha", so it's activated on command, well after everything's loaded. 

Could you remake that mission on Stratis? I don't want to buy Apex (at least at the current price) before they fix the glaring issues with the campaign. As such, I don't have access to Tanoa. Been mostly using Lingor instead.

Nimitz is the carrier, wingplane is the wingman's plane. I'm pretty sure I checked everything, including the case. I'll take a look at the mission.

Well, the mission seems to work, but the problem is, I can't open it in Eden... It doesn't seem that it allows PBO editing.

No, The nimitz is divided into parts because it's so huge.

I doubt it would ever be drivable

Brief update on progress: We have now half a dozen or so objects that can be used on the Nimitz. Configuring and scripting them does take longer than anticipated. And there are some bugs and shortcomings that need to be addressed too, like integrating the IFLOLS in the list of synced modules. Further the Eden editor needs to be more fully utilised via the Eden attributes. Then part of the team has taken on the update of the Super Hornet and Super Flanker. All of this takes more time than the team currently has at hands, so the next release will be pushed back to end of September at least.

Well, the mission seems to work, but the problem is, I can't open it in Eden... It doesn't seem that it allows PBO editing.

You need to de-pbo it then. Either use bankrev from the arma 3 tools or any of the available free tools. I personally like to use Mikero's tools, but your mileage may vary.

Any chance of making the Nimitz drivable?

Not really. Once the man class (aka soldiers) sticks to moving surfaces natively in the engine, this might be addressed. But until then I don't really want to go down that path.

extract the pbo using pbo manager then dude yuool be able to open it in eden tht way

Is it possible to upload different serverkeys for the Workshop and the Armaholic-Version.

It seems like these two are incompatible with each other (yeah I know this does not make much sense but it seems like it).

And because of the indentical serverkey, the ArmA III launcher is recommending to subscribe to the workshop-mod if someone connects to our server which leads to a game kick

because it is not compatible with the Armaholic-Version which was used to place the Carrier on the map.

If you join with the Armaholic Version Pre-installed, everything is working fine.

And yes I know, so I will say it a second time to make sure I said it properly:

I know that it does not make much sense but it seems like these two versions are incompatible with each other.

Best regards,

XylofonKobra414

XylofonKobra414, interesting report, can you outline which combination does not work?

1. server armaholic, client steam
  2. server steam, client armaholic

Thanks,
TeTeT

Thanks for your continued work on updates!
but I really don't think that two new big hole entries at bow is necessary.

Thanks for that quick response !

Well I don't know what at all is causing this, but it is happening (at our Server) with the combination

Armaholic-Version Server <> Workshop-Version Clientside

Normally I would think the problem is caused by us and not the mod, but if we join with Armaholic Version at Clientside there isn't a problem at all.

And the problem is, if someone is trying to join our server without knowing about this specific situation the launcher will install the Workshop-Version for him.

That's why I reported it here.

Thanks again,

XylofonKobra414

The Nimitz has been upgraded in the past months to a new level. With the help from paid-for modelers from cgtrader and of course volunteers we were able to assemble a nice model of the carrier. The planned release date is end of September and we're currently looking for some more dedicated testers that help us to find issues with the Nimitz. If interested please drop me a private message.

Work done and completed so far is:

o Added nautical bridge (yeah!)

o Added fuel pump as object

o Added locker as object

o Added medical station equipment as objects

o Added briefing chair as object

o Added briefing screen as object

o Added pipes as objects

o Added air defense assets (mk29 sea sparrow launcher, Phalanx CIWS, RIM-116)

o Better Eden integration via attributes and menus

There is further work ongoing, namely the creation of a set of video tutorials for the carrier, the use of Eden attributes and menu items for creating ambiance objects on the Nimitz, the use of the IFLOLS system with Arma 3 lights and the creation of a help system within Eden. On medium term goals from a developers point of view, the module system will hopefully be completely integrated into Eden attributes and menus, making it easier to use.

From our point of view the use of payware models for enhancing the carrier has been quite a success. We would like to continue to use this method and hence look for donations for further funding. I have setup a paypal donation button for this purpose and hope we find some contributors.

Models that would likely to be aquired next are:

o bunk beds

o cage seat for hoisting guests abaord

o exercise room

o cinema

o shower room

o canteen

o fire fighting carrier car

o airboss room with flightdeck

o radar station / operations room / CIC

o interiour rooms

The donation button can be found at http://tetet.de/arma/arma3/nimitz/donate.html. Due to the involved transaction cost small donations (1 USD/EUR or so) are not very effective.

TeTeT 

• Like 6

Hey TeTeT,

it's me again! ^-^

Did you found out, for example if that really is an error on your side?

I know these things take time very well, 

but nevertheless I would like to know if there's something new about it because it really got my attention. (and o fcourse, because it wouldn't kick everyone from our server if this was resolved ^^)

By the way,

I am really happy to see such improvements and looking forward to this new update, especially to testing the new Anti-Air system.

Sea sparrow, CIWS and RIM-116 are quite a handfull ^^

Thanks for this great mod,

XylofonKobra414

I think there needs to be a version with BIS texturing approach

non-HD

the current one looks sharp

take a look at LHD textures

edit:

just saw the latest textures, looks amazing

I think there needs to be a version with BIS texturing approach

non-HD

the current one looks sharp

The current textures look very good, and have taken a long time to make, 0.1% chance of redoing those.

• Like 1

How is the defence systems supposed to work on this?  Is there something left for a human to do?