TeTeT

Preview release: Nimitz for Arma3 (0.103)

Het TeTeT, if you ever have time to spare(seeing  that you working on Unsung) could you mabye include a server key in the steam version??? it would help server admins so much :)

Kind regards,

KBBW - Kai

Hello TeTe

There is an issue with the arrestor cables. Our pilots ate well trained and do 3rd wire trap asif its nothing, all the time. For a long while now, 3 and 4 wire traps seem to be impossible. Checking the touchdown visually, the aircraft almost lands on wire 4 and stil catches the 2nd wire.

been looking at the script. Could it have something to do with waves?

kbbw123, I've forwarded your query to Rory who maintains the steam workshop for the Nimitz. Let's hope it can be fixed.

Neptune[LLW], interesting finding. We did test all the wires in a multiplayer test game before release and they still worked then. I wonder what might have changed since then. I'll look into it when I'm back home.

Progress on the Nimitz has been quite slow over the last months. However, we still aim for an end of summer update which will most likely bring some improvements to hangar floor stability (less glitching), new rooms on the lowest level (albeit only basically textured and empty) and with a bit of luck some further improvements to the scripts in a multiplayer environment.

• Like 3

kbbw123, I've forwarded your query to Rory who maintains the steam workshop for the Nimitz. Let's hope it can be fixed.

Neptune[LLW], interesting finding. We did test all the wires in a multiplayer test game before release and they still worked then. I wonder what might have changed since then. I'll look into it when I'm back home.

Progress on the Nimitz has been quite slow over the last months. However, we still aim for an end of summer update which will most likely bring some improvements to hangar floor stability (less glitching), new rooms on the lowest level (albeit only basically textured and empty) and with a bit of luck some further improvements to the scripts in a multiplayer environment.

Hey TeTeT

First off, thanks to everyone involved in this mod its really fantastic!

My question is, on the armaholic link there is a picture of what I believe to be the (c1 -c2?) greyhound with folded wings on the deck.

Do you know if this aircraft is available anywhere? Is it available as a standalone download? It looks really well modeled and well done.

I always loved the idea of a small transport plane that can be launched from the carrier.

Hey TeTeT

First off, thanks to everyone involved in this mod its really fantastic!

My question is, on the armaholic link there is a picture of what I believe to be the (c1 -c2?) greyhound with folded wings on the deck.

Do you know if this aircraft is available anywhere? Is it available as a standalone download? It looks really well modeled and well done.

I always loved the idea of a small transport plane that can be launched from the carrier.

That is a C-1A Trader from the UNSUNG mod (don't know if it is in already, if not, then it probably will be soon)

@WackyIraqi, thanks, it's a known issue: http://tetet.de/arma/arma3/nimitz/KNOWNISSUES.txt(o texture missing at elevator 3)

Although it should be fixed in the upcoming release of 0.95 beta. There is no release date for this yet, as it still depends on a number of factors what can be delivered with it.

On my wishlist though would be:

1. new rooms on the lowest hangar level
  2. new entries at pier level for entering/leaving the carrier in harbour
  3. improved scripts for multiplayer
  4. fixed road lod on hangar level
  5. fixed hangar lights in multiplayer
  6. feasibility test of vehicle in vehicle process
  • Like 1

Don't forget the Trapping of the wires. Only wire 1 and 2 work. I think it has something to do with the waves and them screwing with the getposASL and such commands.

So awesome you're still actively updating/developing this mod. Keep it up TeTeT!!

• Like 3

Don't forget the Trapping of the wires. Only wire 1 and 2 work. I think it has something to do with the waves and them screwing with the getposASL and such commands.

Sorry, we've not been able to reproduce this. For example this week I got a report that the braking capability of wire 4 is not strong enough, so a plane caught the wire and still ended up halfway overboard. 

But as you mention waves, maybe your mission is at a certain sea level that influences the working of the wires?

We will test with 0 waves and send a reference video.

Atleast we have visually confirmed that the hook lands as far as on top of wire 3. and wire 2 still gets hooked.

We will test with 0 waves and send a reference video.

Atleast we have visually confirmed that the hook lands as far as on top of wire 3. and wire 2 still gets hooked.

I think thats due to how the hooking works.(If I understood it right)

From what I understand, you do not physically grab the wire but if the tail hook is close to the wire, it will be hooked. However, the point where you are able too hook the wire is a bit above the wire it self, I think to make it a little bit easier to lad a plane. :3

That was a topic in the discord chat aswell sometime ago. I think they already consider to lower that point a bit to make it more realistic. (right, @TeTeT ?)

As it is right now, grabbing wire two is still better than wire four, because as TeTeT said, you might fall of the deck if you hit wire 3 or 4.

FYI currently the Nimitz crashes the 3d editor and arma on the Apex build. This is being tracked in https://feedback.bistudio.com/T118956. If you have additional insight on what's happening there please let us know.

FYI currently the Nimitz crashes the 3d editor and arma on the Apex build. This is being tracked in https://feedback.bistudio.com/T118956. If you have additional insight on what's happening there please let us know.

Yes in APEX not only the 3D editor but if you run a Mission with either the LHD or Nimitz (like Liberation) it seems to crash server and Client.

Thanks to Leshracks debugging help the problem with the crash on Apex was identified: A p3d needs to have a res 0 LOD now it seems. The nimlights and nimspots p3d didn't have that, so the game would crash. 

We're currently busy assembling a build to be released later this weekend, hopefully before Apex is released. It will be quite rough around the edges, don't expect miracles.

• Like 2

Thanks TeTeT, your Carrier has become a requirement for me to even play ARMA 3 anymore.  Thanks for keeping it alive!

Vengeance

thank G** for finding the problem  can't wait for the fix  as the Nimitz is mostly my game starting point :)   

thank G** for finding the problem  can't wait for the fix  as the Nimitz is mostly my game starting point :)

First person I've ever seen sensor god

With the Apex expansion backward compatibility for the Nimitz was broken (see https://feedback.bistudio.com/T118956for details). The new 0.95 beta build fixes this and can be considered a true work in progress. Expect the work to be ongoing, not finished.

The new build 0.95 beta build has new rooms on the weapons room level, connecting the weapons room with the aft and fore section of the carrier. The fore section has two new entries to the carrier. Further the road way lod (e.g. the place your soldier stands upon) has been restructured on the hangar level, making it less likely to glitch through the hangar floor. Also the geo lod for the fence on elevator 3 and the missing texture at elevator 3 hangar level have been fixed. Support for the new Eden editor preview view has been added, albeit it's an interim image on display.

Thanks for this release go to Leshrack for isolating the p3d model causing the crash to desktop with Apex, Kim "Megadeth" Norman for opening the holes at the fore and Moonchild for testing.

Please stay tuned for update information through the different channels (armaholic, pws, steam, google drive).

• Like 5

Nimitz is working pretty decently on Tanoa.I'm working on an ALiVE map for it. The only issue I have is the usually plane respawn issue as usual (due to the lack of limited function of coding to treat decks as physical terrain/.canvas) which can be compensated using the original "setposASL" along with the new "flyInHeightASL" combined with "setVelocity" Still figuring out the exact values needed.

• Like 1

I love the mod :D  :D  :D , is amazing, BETA release I konw, but on new room, try to add the civil item like,deck,chair,tv,those iten fall off donw to water, can you fix please