TeTeT

Preview release: Nimitz for Arma3 (0.103)

nummi, I listed the problems with the standard arma3 planes and UAVs in the known issues, not sure where else to put it? Often the exploding and damaged plane problem can be worked around by placing the carrier on a different spot, as janus mentioned. I tried today to take off with the Buzzard, from cat and using the whole flightdeck and it worked in the sample mission I used. If you can't find any spot where it works, please share your mission via PM and I will take a look.

yenlin801215, do you 0.94-alpha2 ? In 0.94-alpha the auto sync was broken on multiplayer. There you need to manually sync the plane and pilot to the flightdeck module in the editor.

Kevinbahia, currently we have no plans to embed the carrier on a map. If anyone is interested in doing so, get in touch with me. Currently the approach to start and land A

I planes on the carrier is by script:

For landing, place a plane in a good landing position aft and angled to the deck (like 3000 meters and 187 degrees of the Nimitz direction) and use in the init: [this] call TTT_fnc_touchdown;

Maybe a setDir is also a good idea on the plane to align it with the Nimitz upfront.

For takeoff, place a plane on cat 3 (second from left) and use [Nimitz, this, 3] call TTT_fnc_planeStart;

The carrier needs to be named 'Nimitz' for this to work. You can use cat 1, 2, 3 or 4 (numbers from right to left).

I eventually will write up some docs on how to use the scripts and give some examples there.

ss9, sorry, I haven't tested the UGV in ages as I mostly use Peral's tractor for any towing. I also would recommend to use Leshracks towing module rather than the built-in one.

kennyleif, it worked for me. Place the boat module, sync with player. Walk up to the boats head and request a boat there. 

ss9, sorry, I haven't tested the UGV in ages as I mostly use Peral's tractor for any towing. I also would recommend to use Leshracks towing module rather than the built-in one.

kennyleif, it worked for me. Place the boat module, sync with player. Walk up to the boats head and request a boat there. 

Ahh okay. So it has to be synced with player. If its groups of players, does the module have to be synced with everyone? Or just leader

What do I sync with what to get it to work?

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/185694-leshs-towing-mod-03-alpha/

All you need to do is download and enable the mod (make sure to copy the correct files from the "optionals" folder into "addons" folder depending on which planes you are using). To start towing just press shift+B when in front of a plane. There is no need to set up anything special in the mission.

Hi, Nimitz will be able to shutdown incoming missiles,rockets? I think a shame the original game does not have a vehicle or something that can shutdown missiles, rockets and artillery this would open as many games possibilities for the players.

Hey everyone. I was wondering how to diasble the built-in auto-sync feature on the nimitz. I was reading through the posts and TeTet said to set the " TTT_builtin" to false. How exactly do you do that?

I cam up with the following: 

this setVariable ["TTT_builtin" ,false];

Is that correct? Or am I way off?

ss9, Lesh's towing works without any module setup.

Kevinbahia, currently the Nimitz sports no air defense system. We would like to change that in the future and have included the mk29 sea sparrow launcher in the download, albeit not configured.

timothyj080, the line sets TTT_builtin inside an object. Unless this is the mission namespace (from what I know), it won't work. Just use 

TTT_builtin = false; publicVariable TTT_builtin;

in your Init.sqf.

During further testing a problem with Zeus and dedicated Server and the Nimitz was found: When spawning the Nimitz via Zeus on a dedicated server, at least the mission will crash, if not the server.

Hi, Nimitz will be able to shutdown incoming missiles,rockets? I think a shame the original game does not have a vehicle or something that can shutdown missiles, rockets and artillery this would open as many games possibilities for the players.

Hey I just found this mod (again) yesterday. Works quite good accept that the gun does not make a sound (pretty sure its the same bug many weapon mods had after an update of Arma 3)

In the first post of the thread you can find instructions on how you can easily attach the weapons to the ship! ^^ 

The author said in august that he might want to get back to this mod...The more attention he gets, the more likely bugs will be fixed and features will be added! ^^

During further testing a problem with Zeus and dedicated Server and the Nimitz was found: When spawning the Nimitz via Zeus on a dedicated server, at least the mission will crash, if not the server.

As I said, in my testing the Nimitz did not even appear via Zeus. But the server did not crash...but this might be an individual error here possibly due to mods I had loaded! ^^

yea same here moonchild as i reported to tetet in pm my server didnt actually crash. i was just dissconnected. and as soon as i was in the server browser i was able to see and reconnect as if nothing had happened.. however the mission was no longer running i was at the mission selection screen

yea same here moonchild as i reported to tetet in pm my server didnt actually crash. i was just dissconnected. and as soon as i was in the server browser i was able to see and reconnect as if nothing had happened.. however the mission was no longer running i was at the mission selection screen

Ahhh okay, I didn't went so far since I thought the server should actually crash. Gonna test that later! ^^"

JimBotModder, looks like a glitch in any of the many shadow lods of the carrier. I doubt reinstalling will help that problem, if you can send me a mission where it is visible I'll take a look at it. Use PM for sending the mission, please.

JimBotModder, looks like a glitch in any of the many shadow lods of the carrier. I doubt reinstalling will help that problem, if you can send me a mission where it is visible I'll take a look at it. Use PM for sending the mission, please.

Ok, I think it might maybe be the map or angle on the map I have it on. (Wake Island). I will do a few more tests with Stratis, Angles, and report back to you via PM. Thanks for the reply! Have a nice day :)

Ok, I think it might maybe be the map or angle on the map I have it on. (Wake Island). I will do a few more tests with Stratis, Angles, and report back to you via PM. Thanks for the reply! Have a nice day :)

JimBotModder hi. I have a question. Where do you find the A-6 that it is show in your image?

Hi guy's !

I have a question about you'r "ambiance module", when this module is in my mission, the crew & jet is VANILLA object ....

How i change that please :s ?

Thanks !

• Like 1

Hi guy's !

I have a question about you'r "ambiance module", when this module is in my mission, the crew & jet is VANILLA object ....

Thanks !

Maybe u have to load the rifht addons that are compatible with ambience module

Maybe u have to load the rifht addons that are compatible with ambience module

Thanks for you'r reply but i don't know where is the "rift module"

Can you tell me the path for use it please ?

Thanks

Hi guy's !

Thanks !

If you have the "F/A-18" by John_Spartan & Saul and/or either the "Flight deck Crew Personnel" by Hazel & BGirlTray or "FUTARM: Maritime Units Pack" by BloodoftheScribe launched.the module should recognize it and change the vehicle and units to the mods one.

From my knowledge, these three are the only mods that are supported atm. (Correct me if I'm wrong)

• Like 1

Thanks for you'r reply but i don't know where is the "rift module"

Can you tell me the path for use it please ?

Thanks

If you have the "F/A-18" by John_Spartan & Saul and/or either the "Flight deck Crew Personnel" by Hazel & BGirlTray or "FUTARM: Maritime Units Pack" by BloodoftheScribe launched.the module should recognize it and change the vehicle and units to the mods one.

From my knowledge, these three are the only mods that are supported atm. (Correct me if I'm wrong)

Yes I think it is only this 3 addons. However will be more fun if Others addons are supporte. For example cup veichles (for navy choppers) or the F-14!

"lesh's towing mod" combined with peral's "airfield logistic mod" are also supported.

Looks amazing together with the other mods.

By the way. is the rescue module broken again. i remember it worked for a while since the new Version.

or am i doing sth. wrong? must the nimitz be blufor or empty? do i have to sync it with the nimitz or with the Player, or not at all? pls help 

Nice uestion this thing about empty or BLUFOR. I never understand that. I'm looking clarify about this and it it is some difference.

By the way. is the rescue module broken again. i remember it worked for a while since the new Version.

or am i doing sth. wrong? must the nimitz be blufor or empty? do i have to sync it with the nimitz or with the Player, or not at all? pls help 

The rescue module was changed in the last build (0.94-alpha2). Instead of teleporting players to the boat room, four boats are now spawned around the carrier and are used as teleport points to the boat room. It probably doesn't work on dedicated server though, as it uses a plain addAction instead of remoteExec or bis_fnc_mp. 

The rescue module does not need to be synced to the Nimitz, it takes the first carrier defined on map. So it doesn't really work well when multiple Nimitz class carriers are present.

There should be no difference if you spawn the Nimitz as BLUFOR or empty. I do almost all my testing with empty, though, but that's probably just a personal preference.

• Like 1