TeTeT

Preview release: Nimitz for Arma3 (0.103)

I think Peral has released tractors, maybe you can use them on the Nimitz: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=28548

The crews are available in coloured uniforms if you have loaded one of the following mods:

Futarm Maritime Units, http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=23106

Flight Deck Crew, http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=26877

Otherwise the standard arma3 soldiers are used.

Flight deck Crew mod is WAY better than Futarm. Futarm uses 2035 crew gear and gives the units guns on default spawn... flight deck crew mod has quite realistic uniforms.

• Like 2

Hey tetet, glad to see a release for the Nimitz, arma 3 is practically demanding more sea assets, especially large ships like the Nimitz

Is by any chance compatible with zeus?

I can't make tow module to work. If anyone knows exactly how to do it please tell us it's quite annoying.

On Zeus compatibility: If you add "JDG_carrier_Spawner" to the units[] array in the Nimitz config.cpp, you can enable it. But, and that's a huge but, all of the Zeus stuff of manipulating the object doesn't really work, as the moment the carrier is initialized it is built and tied to the current position. Maybe there's a way in zeus to set for example direction before spawning, then it kind of works. But I would describe it as glitchy at best. If there's interest I'll add the JDG_carrier_Spawner to the units[] array in config.cpp and you can test yourself :)

ss9, sorry to read you found glitches in the hangar. Can you try to move the carrier a little bit in your mission and see if the glitch is still there? I kind of suspect that the map position is related to it, but I have no hard evidence for that belief.

nikiforos, I just tried the tow module and it worked for me. I placed the Nimitz, a pilot, a F/A-18E and a UGV on map. Then I added the Flightdeck module and synced the soldier and for a challenge set the F/A-18E to 17.5 meter and the UGV to 20 meter (the UGV would do funny things at lower heights) manually. Next I placed the towing module and synced F/A-18E and the UGV with it. I could then preview the mission and attach the Super-Hornet to the placebo tractor (UGV).

TeTeT

TeTeT,

Fantastic work on the Nimitz thus far!

Could I make a request for a minor feature/compatibility-bug-fix-thing with ALiVE?

As reported here, your assorted carrier objects are capable of being virtualized by ALiVE when they spawn in, and being accidentally vanished into the great beyond for virtualization assuming the mission editor isn't using the "virtualize only sync'd objects" option. (And depending on the mission, that may be the more desirable setting.) However, as noted here, objects can be blocked from any virtualization with an object setVar.

Would you mind including that setVar ( _thing setVariable ["ALIVE_profileIgnore",true] ) on all of your objects' inits? ALiVE won't become a dependency, and I'm sure that little bit of hidden extra compatibility will help a lot of folks who might not be able to figure out why their Nimitzes (Nimitzi?) are disappearing!

Thanks!

Hi, first I'd like to thank you tetet, this version is way better, great job :)

However, I can't find how to make catapults working on a dedicated server, can anybody help me ?

I simply spawned an empty USS nimitz in our everyday sandbox mission, it's working SP, but not MP. Is there any script to launch ?

Thanks

Thanks but UGV? Are you sure?

I thought of something like this

A_U.S._Navy_Aviation_Boatswain

Also why does crew on flightdeck don't use crew outfit? I see them with regular military outfit?

Yup, UGV. There is a seperate airplane logistics mod with models like about but i have always had issues with it. Such as , only being able to turn left after 5 min of play also. I think the actual towing script them selfs are similar but most air assets seem to be designed to work with the nimitz towing in mind. I would love to see the airfeild logistics mod and nimitz get togeather to kick ass. But I think that mod is working on mil. forklifts next and tetet seems to have a nice game plan on his wish list.

Also other than how "real" it is I like the ugv more as a tower than using it for anything else in game. I can have a ugv in the hanger to remote to and bring the plane to me.

Yup, UGV. There is a seperate airplane logistics mod with models like about but i have always had issues with it. Such as , only being able to turn left after 5 min of play also. I think the actual towing script themselfs are simmilar but most items seem to be designed to work with the nimitz towing where as airfeild logistics has to create for all aircraft. I would love to see the airfeild logistics mod and nimitz get togeather to kick ass. But I beleive that mod is working on mil. forklifts next and tetet seems to have a nice game plan on his wish list.

Where can I find the UGV? To place on Nimitz?

Should be under NATO faction

Autonomous type

not the armed one

1.On 2d map editor place on nimitz

2.select modules(three boxes icon i think)

3.click on the map and go through options to find nimitz modules

4. place down one Nimitz deck module(this sets the height ofbojects its "linked to" to spawn at deck height

5.place down towing module from same nimitz modules location

6.link these 2 modules to the UGV you placed ( to link select the chain looking icon and drag a line from the module to the ugv

7. link your player and anything else you want place on the deck(aircraft) to that deck module(so you are on the deck and not lower floors)

8.preview game-take ugv control-drive to plane (f18, not sure about vanilla aircraft usage)-attach at front

9.tow around like a crazy person because hopefully you go it to work

You can use the UGV as an ad-hoc replacement for towing the F/A-18 by John_Spartan/Saul, check out the sample missions.

On the explosions, how do you place the plane on the carrier? Do you use setPosASL with the deck or hangar height? I haven't encountered any random explosions so far, only once when using the cat.

CAN YOU GIVE A QUICK RUNDOWN ON HOW TO GET THE UGV TO TOW VEHICLES AROUND THE SHIP

Should be under NATO faction

Autonomous type

not the armed one

1.On 2d map editor place on nimitz

2.select modules(three boxes icon i think)

3.click on the map and go through options to find nimitz modules

4. place down one Nimitz deck module(this sets the height ofbojects its "linked to" to spawn at deck height

5.place down towing module from same nimitz modules location

6.link these 2 modules to the UGV you placed ( to link select the chain looking icon and drag a line from the module to the ugv

7. link your player and anything else you want place on the deck(aircraft) to that deck module(so you are on the deck and not lower floors)

8.preview game-take ugv control-drive to plane (f18, not sure about vanilla aircraft usage)-attach at front

9.tow around like a crazy person because hopefully you go it to work

Thank you mate it works. Maybe I did wrong placing the Nimitz as an empty vehicle and the positioning soldier and empty aircraft on it.  But it works although the plane jumps a little when moving around with the UGV.

I tested with Firewill's F-14 but there seem to be another problem not related with Nimitz. TGT targetting is not always working. Sometimes the target appears and some not. Towing seems to work with Sauls F18 but not with Firewills F-14 , can anyone else confirm that?

Hi guys i have to ask you all maybe you all know how to do it but i was try everything but not working 
1. How to make ai catapults from Carrier 

2. How to make ai lands on carrier 

3. I saw that ai can fly and land in Carrier operations campaign in Arma 2 

4. Thank's to everyone anyway !

Thank you mate it works. Maybe I did wrong placing the Nimitz as an empty vehicle and the positioning soldier and empty aircraft on it.  But it works although the plane jumps a little when moving around with the UGV.

I tested with Firewill's F-14 but there seem to be another problem not related with Nimitz. TGT targetting is not always working. Sometimes the target appears and some not. Towing seems to work with Sauls F18 but not with Firewills F-14 , can anyone else confirm that?

why towing is not working? its no wonder.

because in dll_tow config, F-14 is not in config list

if you tried some Su-35, To-199 and Wipeout to tow, maybe you can't attach it. 

because like i said, they didn't list in there. if nimitz team input the tomcat code in dll_tow config, problem is will be solve.

why towing is not working? its no wonder.

because in dll_tow config, F-14 is not in config list

if you tried some Su-35, To-199 and Wipeout to tow, maybe you can't attach it. 

because like i said, they didn't list in there. if nimitz team input the tomcat code in dll_tow config, problem is will be solve.

Thanks for clarifiying I was unaware of that. Then they should , if possible, add this great aircraft on the list.

Iron, thanks for the kind words. No problem to add (_carrierPart setVariable ["ALIVE_profileIgnore",true]) to the init script. If you're willing to test a build with that, send me a PM.

ElTyranos, thanks :) I'll try to verify if the auto sync is broken on dedi server this weekend. I haven't really tested the Nimitz on a dedi myself, but I know that the experimental builds were used by some group(s). Maybe they used the manual sync, I'll investigate.

tallguyjv, nikiforos, bladeblow, firewill: I'll add the F-14 to the run_dll towing config and we see how it works. I did not enable it for the standard arma planes as they would first sit still, then jump and finally blow up when being towed. It's probably a good idea to re-evaluate that.

srbknight, I wrote an AI traffic mission for the Nimitz and F/A-18E/F. You can download it from http://tetet.de/arma/arma3/nimitz/%5bSP%5dNimitzTraffic.Stratis.7zand use the scripts in your own mission. However, it's a bit involved as it tries to play out the carrier ops from using the elevator, taxiing, taking off and landing. It would be a good candidate to have the AI take-off and landing as a module, but not sure if I will have time for that.

• Like 2

New video on towing, pretty much experimental stuff, enjoy the carnage:

I tested the towing for a while and it worked quite nicely, but when I recorded the video everything went to pieces somehow. Guess that's modding reality.

• Like 2

If you put the Nimitz down in the editor, not all of the floor plan is shown in the 2D editor, are you going to change that?

The auto-syncing worked well on my computer, but when I up-loaded it to my server and a friends server it did not sync. I love this feature and hope you can get it working on servers. Thanks for all your great work.

WastedMike1, currently we have nobody updating the icon for the Nimitz. Are you interested in providing an updated icon?

I reproduced the problem of the auto syncing on dedicated server and hopefully fixed it with faithful calls to bis_fnc_MP. It will be tested later.

Speaking of testing, is anyone that is using alive actively interested to join the team and do the testing with alive and the Nimitz?

tete, I will be glad to help with Alive, though I am no expert with code, etc.

NOBODY ?

1. How to make ai catapults from Carrier 

2. How to make ai lands on carrier 

3. I saw that ai can fly and land in Carrier operations campaign in Arma 2 

Iron, thanks for the kind words. No problem to add (_carrierPart setVariable ["ALIVE_profileIgnore",true]) to the init script. If you're willing to test a build with that, send me a PM.

ElTyranos, thanks :) I'll try to verify if the auto sync is broken on dedi server this weekend. I haven't really tested the Nimitz on a dedi myself, but I know that the experimental builds were used by some group(s). Maybe they used the manual sync, I'll investigate.

tallguyjv, nikiforos, bladeblow, firewill: I'll add the F-14 to the run_dll towing config and we see how it works. I did not enable it for the standard arma planes as they would first sit still, then jump and finally blow up when being towed. It's probably a good idea to re-evaluate that.

srbknight, I wrote an AI traffic mission for the Nimitz and F/A-18E/F. You can download it from http://tetet.de/arma/arma3/nimitz/%5bSP%5dNimitzTraffic.Stratis.7zand use the scripts in your own mission. However, it's a bit involved as it tries to play out the carrier ops from using the elevator, taxiing, taking off and landing. It would be a good candidate to have the AI take-off and landing as a module, but not sure if I will have time for that.

That's a must have for the Ambiance module.

i have already started making and testing missions on my server with alive and the nimz. Ill report anything i experience