TeTeT

Preview release: Nimitz for Arma3 (0.103)

When I try to fly an F/A18 (either the E/F Black Wasp), from the Nimitz, I get no throttle from my joystick (Logitech 3D Force Feedback). But if I move the aircraft to land, my throttle works fine. I am using the release version and also the experimental version on the ftp site. Is there something I have to do to get it to work off of the Nimitz?

Thanks,

Greenthunder

I have had similar problems when i used my HOTAS but was ok with a controller. I think it has to do with the way the throttle binds to the HOTAS and the fact that the aircraft isn't actually on land but instead floating on another object. We are looking into this problem though so maybe we can find a solution soon.

I was just wondering, when landing... is there a place to land on the carrier so you don't crash/blow up? I landed and it stopped dead in its tracks (F35 Air Force Mod) then kept tipping to the right then blew up.

Also, placing same jet on the ship, it would fall through. I know there are bugs and its expected just wondering where I should land, and place the jets.

BTW GREAT F***ING MOD I love jets/flying and this mod just makes me happy.

@jeffsnff, there are quite a few problems with general planes on the Nimitz. It looks like the deck would be especially bumpy for some and others stick to the deck like it is glue. What works well is the F/A-18E/F from Saul and John_Spartan, we do most of the testing with this plane. On placing the jet, did you use the Flightdeck module or the On Ship module or did you change the altitude from the editor? The first two methods are supposed to work, the later depends on if you use getPos/setPos to do the trick. I think the elevation box does not work reliably in the editor, due to a race of which object is placed first on map.

@TeTeT

No, I didn't do any of that. I literally found a place in the ocean on chenounes or whatever it is called from the allinarmaterrain pack mod, launched a F35 and just flew there just to test it out. Thank you for the quick reply. So I should download this " F/A-18E/F from Saul and John_Spartan" mod to screw around on the carrier? And the things you were saying "On placing the jet, did you use the Flightdeck module or the On Ship module or did you change the altitude from the editor?" I don't know how to do any of that, I am a total newb to modding/computers in total, so I doubt I will be able to do much of anything.

Do we have more updates since 2013? Since first release of Nimitz? I can't find something more recent!

Do we have more updates since 2013? Since first release of Nimitz? I can't find something more recent!

No, there have been no further updates to the Nimitz but for quite a number of experimental builds. Currently we're looking into a texturing issue of the aft part of the hangar, once that is fixed we're pretty close to an update release.

Hell Yeah!

With the release of such beauties as F-18 and F-14, Nimitz needs an update that mirrors the current state of A3 scripting/engine updates and the upcoming Expansion!  ;)

Bohemia just needs to release a Naval Warfare pack that comes with everything Navy.

Its not that is already out there....... LOL

Thanks for the update!

Anyone knows how to place towtruck on Nimitz? I put a module but nothing happens!

You place a UGV and then link the towing module to it with the height module.  Then it will be at the "Hanger height" or "Flight Deck Height" with the ability to tow.

I hope you guys like the update, Odyseus worked very hard on the ship's new exterior and interior textures, Tetet and Yanko did an awesome job with the scripts. But remember this is an alpha so expect small problems, and there is much more to see in the comings months. :D

I haven't had a Chance to play around yet .. but

THANK YOU!!

Updated mod v0.9.4 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey TeTeT , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

Hey Guys,

Really impressive work.

GREAT new update on the textures.  Fantastic stuff!!

You place a UGV and then link the towing module to it with the height module.  Then it will be at the "Hanger height" or "Flight Deck Height" with the ability to tow.

Thanks but UGV? Are you sure?

I thought of something like this

800px-thumbnail.jpg

Also why does crew on flightdeck don't use crew outfit? I see them with regular military outfit?

It's been two years since the first preview of the Nimitz for arma 3 was released. After some four months the project feel asleep for about a year. When in winter 2014/2015 new blood joined the team the effort to renovate and improve the Nimitz was renewed.

Now, after about 10 months of work, it's time to raise the curtain for the first alpha release of the new Nimitz for arma 3. The model itself has been set up differently, due to the relentless effort of Odyseus, who's the main contributor and man behind the scenes. With this new base setup of the model we hope to encounter the frequent visits to the sea when roaming about the carrier...

There was also work on sounds, by sjones and Mr. Ewok. Basically all major sounds have been reworked by sjones and Mr. Ewok contributed a fake vehicle to provide a humming engine sound for the carrier.

Script wise the biggest change was to auto-sync planes within a distance of 2km around the carrier with the catapult and tailhook system. The manual process to sync a plane against the modules is still available, and when a mission author sets the TTT_catHook variable inside an object, it's safe from auto-syncing. If you have a mission that does not want the new auto-sync system, set TTT_builtin to false in the carrier's init line. Yanko further provided a new system for taking take-off weight into consideration when using the catapult. If the option is set, a heavier plane will be slower on take-off than a lighter plane.

Please understand that this alpha release is not feature complete yet. That means that we might add new features, though it's unlikely, but also that we might strip existing functionality from the carrier if it's broken.

Of course there's a TODO, WISHLIST and KNOWN ISSUES list:

TODOs
o texture fix on island outside first floor
o make boat room operable again
o make water access platform functional
o texture hangar3 and hangar4
o disappearing UGVs in ambience module
o weapons elevator up not working
o integrate sjones objects: pole, weapons platform, IFLOLS addons, Bubble, LSO platform

WISHLIST

o alarm sound when a vehicle is destroyed in proximity of the ship
o renovate the bridge
o add cameras to different ship parts on the bridge
o add lights to hangar and other structures below deck
o floodable room (not feasible as Nimitz model stops at the waterline)
o air defense system
o radio control tower for approaching planes, broadcasting a landing plane
o working respawn system
o path to forward platforms on starboard and port side
o add a green light at the shooter position for night missions
o markers for pattern area
o wire trap counter, maintenance for wires
o working carrier crane at the aft port section

KNOWN ISSUES
o new textures at times stretched, especially in hallways
o not all carrier areas freshly textured, hangar 4 for example
o boat room not functional
o carrier not assembled correctly when place too far off map

CREDITS

o Odyseus for an all new model and approach to the carrier!
o sjones for sounds and testing
o Mr. Ewok for the sound vehicle
o Yanko for the weight on take-off script
o Pennywize for testing
o TheSn4k3 for testing
o Nimitz skype chat for various tests and suggestions

Honourable mentions and further contributors

JDog - Nimitz for Arma2
piedebeouf - new lights and starting the initiative for conversion
Sealife - pointing to the missing crew
John_Spartan - consulting and arrest script
Phantom - upgraded elevator script
rundll - permission to use his towing script in Arma3
Sierra - new deck textures
armyinf - testing and documentation
BloodOfTheScribe - new interior textures
asbojay - new hull and deck textures
soldier2390 - new hull textures, including secondary textures
rory_pamphilon - top gun mission
TeTeT - some scripts

• Like 3

Oh man more ambient sounds / announcement when a plane/heli is coming in for landing would be awesome :D

... Also why does crew on flightdeck don't use crew outfit? I see them with regular military outfit?

I think Peral has released tractors, maybe you can use them on the Nimitz: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=28548

The crews are available in coloured uniforms if you have loaded one of the following mods:

Futarm Maritime Units, http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=23106

Flight Deck Crew, http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=26877

Otherwise the standard arma3 soldiers are used.