TeTeT

Preview release: Nimitz for Arma3 (0.103)

*cough cough* I F'ed up...sorry...

this setPosASL [getPosASL this select 0, getPosASL this select 1, 17.5]

for the flight deck. Just change the "17.5" to what ever you need. You can see the hight of everything (Hangar, Flightdeck...) on the Nimitz model in the editor. Sorry

Do i need to type this in azimuth or elevation??

---------- Post added at 20:15 ---------- Previous post was at 20:04 ----------

I dont get it :(

Do i need to type this in azimuth or elevation??

---------- Post added at 20:15 ---------- Previous post was at 20:04 ----------

I dont get it :(

Put that in the init box of the plane when you double click on it in the editor. The rotation of the plane will stay the same as in the editor, only the height of the plane will change with that code.

can you guys type exactly what i need to type, that will help me out!

elevation

17.5 in the elevation box in the bottom left of the add/edit-unit window will do the trick

I would love anybody who takes over that mod. Please if somebody is capable....please do it!

I Hope somebody take this mod To the next Level! So Many great moments while using it.
I would love anybody who takes over that mod. Please if somebody is capable....please do it!

Need to get permission first!

Tettee is working on it behind the screwns and so am I. Including a propper IFLOLS. (Within the constrains of Arma)

Need to get permission first!

Sure, I thought...maybe if somebody asks friendly! ^^

Tettee is working on it behind the screwns and so am I. Including a propper IFLOLS. (Within the constrains of Arma)

So, there is still work going on for the Nimitz? That would be great news!

Amazing! Cant wait for The next update!

Am i the only one having this weird problem where the vehicles bounce suddenly like running over an obstacle?

This makes takeoff impossible.

I guess you try to take off with some plane which is not the F/A 18. In this case, no you're not the only one. You can only use the F/A 18 on this Nimitz. With some planes it's possible to pull up during the launch.

I was using the To-199 from the game.

I also tried on the Khe Sahn on Utes and had the same problem so i'm assuming it's something with the jet rather than the ship... :confused:

As I said, the Nimitz mod only works together with the F/A 18.

It is not working with the stock planes and not with other download planes. (Even though they have the capability (like the Ivory Planes...they have tailhooks))

Remember: Thats what I say. I tested nearly every plane that is available to this day. Anyway, it can be possible that I'm not right with what I'm saying. (But I guess it is like I said xD)

Some Ivory Planes are able to lift of from the nimitz. You have to taxi to the catapult. Prepare it and salute. Immediatly after you hit salute pull the plane up. This way some planes can lift off without getting stoped. (Looks stupid but works)

.... but they can't land you have to use the whole flightdeck to land xD

If you are clever enough you can script the catapult and arresting wires to work with other planes as well. Taxiing might be glitchy but most places you should get around even if it is a bit bumpy. A towing script would probably help with that.

Aloha, a friend and myself are working on re-texturing some flight deck crew units for A3, I thought I'd share what we've been working on.

flight_deck_monkeys__re_texture___final_by_dissizithawaii-d7zda2z.jpg

We'll release this to the community when we're thru but I just imported an A2 helmet that I found and I thought it would look authentic to what they wear in "real" life. Anyway my friend loves the Nimitz Carrier ,she can't enough of it (trust me) and we think you guys are doing a great job, keep up the good work and thanks for sharing.

Edited by Hawaii_Based

TeTeT actually left the function to allow any plane with the module on it to actually land on the aircraft carrier. if that is what you really want.

I can't remember what it's called off the top of my head but what you do is you spawn the function in the plane's init and then you can land on it, although there is no tailhook animation there is an addaction that gets added. One thing to note is that if you spawn this module on a helicopter, it too will get the addaction and you can somehow use the tailhook.

No you don't understand, the problem is not with the landing but with the taxiing/take off.

Basically the nimitz, the khe sahn (the carrier in Utes) and any other big ship are made up of multiple components, when put together these components look like a single solid block (the ship).

What happens, at least in A3, is that when moving over from one component to the other the vehicle bounces.

Think of hitting the sidewalk or a speed bump with your car, same thing.

Apparently EVERY SINGLE AIRCRAFT, both community made and from the original game including ported assets from A2, except for the F/A-18 and the Su-35 suffer of this bouncing problem.

As i said, i think the problem is in the aircrafts rather than the nimitz itself.

No you don't understand, the problem is not with the landing but with the taxiing/take off....

If you read a while back John_Spartan said

The deal with the holes in Nimtz model deck is misaligned GEO lod. If u check sample model of A2 LHD then BI made a clear example how to split the model properly and then build it together with no gaps and units not falling thru it. You can have even a 3 times bigger model, but it has to be remodelled. Nimitz by Jdog is currently split in 4-5 parts, if u remodel it and use 10-12 parts in length, then correctly create relative GEO lods it will work flawlessly [+ PhysX lods as well]

A lot of work but it can be done.

I contacted them and managed to sort it out in the end.

The problem was in fact in the vehicle configs.

If you use simulation=airplanex the jet will bounce uncontrollably, if you use simulation=airplane (the normal A2 simulation, even in A3) it works flawlessly.

Go figure.

Hope it helps others.

^ yes for ALiVE to work with the Nimitz you need to make sure that it is not being profiled by ALiVE. This is done using the Profiles module - set it to NOT profile synced units then sync the Nimitz object with it.

Hi. I'm having trouble between ALiVE and the Nimitz mod. I've set my Virtual AI System module sync'd to Nimitz and set to virtualise all editor units except synced units, however none of the Nimitz modules appear to work, no matter whether I have them sync'd to Nimitz or not. When the FA/18 spawn in, they go straight to the bottom of the sea, which is reminiscent of not having the profiling module sync'd to the Nimitz - only it is.

Any advice from anyone running both Nimitz and ALiVE appreciated!